Power, Passion, Betrayal, It's All in the Family

Old friends

For the next couple of weeks Julia and I got settled into our new house. Everyday Carmella Corleone our godmother would send over some of her delicious food. We yet had a visit from Connie or one of the boys. Mainly Fredo or Sonny since Michael was still overseas. I sat down on the couch next to Julia trying to catch my breath.

“Finally Julia we’ve finished moving.”

“I know Adriana it only took us forever,” she replied.

“I just sit down and now I’m super thirsty,” I complained.

“I know how you feel, how about getting me a drink while you’re at it,” Julia said looking at me and smirking. Once I got up I threw a cushion at her and walked off leaving her stunned.

Getting two glasses out of the cupboard I noticed someone coming up the driveway out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look to see that it was none other then Fredo, Sonny and Connie. I smiled as I filled up the glasses, letting my eyes linger on the elder Corleone sibling. I’ve always had a little crush on Sonny though I never admitted that to anyone not even Julia.

Just as they reached the door I opened it. The three faces just smiled back at me as I let them in. Julia came out to see what all of the commotion was and smiled at our guests. The first to hug me was Connie. I just couldn’t get over her going to be married next week.

“Oh Connie you must be excited for next week,” I said as we pulled apart.

“I am, I don’t remember the last time I was this excited. Though I am a little nervous but I‘ll get over it.”

“Don’t worry sis,” Sonny said putting an arm over her protectively, “being nervous is natural. Now Adie get over her and give me a hug.”

And so I did, he then stood in front of me and looked me over.

“I still can’t believe how beautiful you grew up to be,” he said half smiling.

“Oh come off it Sonny you’re married,” I said playfully hitting his arm, then Fredo came forward as Sonny went to say hi to Julia, “plus it’s only been like three months since the last time I saw you. Now you Fredo it feels like longer,” I said hugging him.

Fredo was the middle brother, he always felt like he was getting stepped over. Never as good as Michael and never as good as Sonny. He never told me this but I could always see it in his eyes growing up. He was always the one I could talk to, besides Connie who I only talked about girly things with. Fredo is a nice guy I guess that’s what draws me to him.

“Hi Adriana how are you?” He asked politely.

“Living I guess, a bit better now that the funeral is over,” I replied.

“Sorry we couldn’t make it we had other things,” he started.

“Don’t worry about it Fredo I know how much you guys cared. Anyways is there anything I can get you three while you are here,” I said picking up my glass of water.

“One of those would be nice,” Sonny said pointing at the glass in my hand before taking it. I glared at him and got three more glasses out of the cupboard and getting one for Connie, Fredo and myself.

“By the way ma wants you two to come over for supper, she said you two don’t have to be so cooped up in this house,” Sonny finished saying.

“Ah your mothers cooking, it’s so fantastic,” Julia said.

Around supper Sal Tessio called over to see if the three of them were still here. I told him they were and he replied that all of us should come over now for supper. After I hung up I told the others what Sal had said and we were off to the compound. There Carlo was waiting for Connie, Carlo was the one Connie was marrying he was also Sonny’s best friend. Something about him made me uneasy, I never really liked him.

At the Corleone residence Julia and I had explained the things we had been up to. Plus we got some stories in return. Sitting next o Sonny I asked how Sandra and his kids were. He told me everyone was good. As soon as that conversation was over he started talking to his father and I let out a sigh. As soon as the night had started it ended all to quickly, Connie, Julia and I helped Connie’s mom clean dishes then headed back to our house. The two of us barely got up the stairs and into our rooms we were so tired.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

In order from left to right we've got Micheal, the Don, SONNY! and Fredo.