Power, Passion, Betrayal, It's All in the Family

Our day out

The next morning there was a knock on the front door; I got up off the couch where I had fallen asleep the night before. I looked at the clock and it was five in the morning, who would be at our door at five am. I opened it up slowly to be standing face to face with Tom.

“Tom could you at least come later in the day.”

“Unfortunately not Adriana I’m actually going to catch a flight to Hollywood this morning on some business. I thought I’d drop by to say I’d see you in a couple days. Say goodbye to Julia for me ok,” he said.

“Ok Tom see you in a couple days,” I replied smiling and waving him off, I yawned and headed off to my room for some sweet dreams.

When I finally awoke Michael was sitting on the edge of my bed smiling at me. I rolled over and covered my head. While I did that I managed to look at the clock it was 10:30, I groaned as Michael pulled the covers down over my face still smiling.

“Come on get up you and I are going out today,” he said sounding a little demanding.

“And if I don’t,” I responded, sitting up and smiling.

“I just might have to drag you out wearing that.”

I looked down at my bedclothes and then back at the smirking Michael. I then let out a deep sigh and got up. I hauled Michael off of my bed and pushed him out of my room. Then I found some clothes and walked out of my room where Michael was still standing. I smiled at him then headed for the bathroom where Julia just walked out of. I then turned around to face Mike.

“How long have you been here anyways?”

“About an hour and a half,” he replied.

“You know Mike you creep me out sometimes.”

“I know that’s why you love me.”

I let out a sigh as I turned around, if he only knew how I still felt for him. Those feelings became strong for him again when I had seen him the other day. I think they had actually gotten stronger if that was possible. When I was done in the shower I headed downstairs to see Michael and Julia sitting on the couch watching TV. They both looked up at the same time when they heard me walk into the room.

“Well are you ready to take me to an unknown destination?” I asked.

“Of course I am,” he replied getting up and walking over to me. I noticed Julia standing behind him.

“Adriana you might want to take your keys I’m going over to Connie’s and we’re going out for the day before she goes off on her honeymoon.”

“All right Julia will do,” I acknowledged and turned back to Michael who linked arms with me. On our way out I grabbed my keys before we got into a car which had none of his father’s men.

I was happy they thought of him as a civilian since he didn’t want any part of his father’s business. He knew I was happy he made this decision even though his father didn’t agree with some of the things he did. It was a couple of minutes before any of us said anything.

“So how’s Kay?” I asked half-heartedly.

“Oh Kay well I was planning on asking her out yesterday,” he replied.

“What stopped you?” I asked now looking at him; we pulled at a stopped in front of stop sign.

“Well,” he said looking at me before going forward, “I saw you in that bridesmaid gown and saw what I was really missing." This caused me to look away blushing. “Half the reason I wanted to catch up today was to see if we could try again.”

“Michael dear, we’ll see at the end of the day,” I replied with a little smile on my face.

After hours of going to our favourite spots in Little Italy we headed to a little Italian diner. It was my favourite place to eat, Michael used to bring me here all of the time. When we were finished he paid the bill and looked me dead in the eyes. I couldn’t help but stare back into his deep brown ones.

“So what’s your answer?” He asked intent on my answer.

“Sì, of course I will, I haven’t had this much fun since you left,” I answered.

He kissed me on the lips and grabbed my hand; “well shall we go to a hotel I booked for us?” I shook my head yes and we were off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image Here's a picture of Michael for everyone to look at