Power, Passion, Betrayal, It's All in the Family

The Don is dead

November is now on it’s way and even though Michael wanted nothing to do with the family business he decided to move in with Julia and me. Every once in a while he’d visit his mom and we’d receive a visit from the other brothers. Today was a lightly boring day, Julia went shopping and Michael said he had a few things to do which left me all alone.

I sighed as I heard a knock on the front door and got up to make my way there. When I opened it an angry Sonny stormed passed me and into the living room where he sat down on the couch. Whenever he got angry he’d always come to me he always said I calmed him down. I got him a drink and then took it into him; he took a sip and sat the glass on the table. I went behind him and massaged his shoulders.

“What’s wrong Sonny?”

He sighed deeply, “Pop got a deal today to work in the drug industry he wouldn’t take it.”

“And let me guess you opened your mouth and spoke quickly causing your father to be slightly angry.”

“You know me to well,” he said smiling up at me, “so where’s my little brother?”

“Out he said he had a few errands to run,” I didn’t even get to say another word when Sonny kissed me. He had me pinned to a wall when I pushed him away.

“What?” He asked innocently, I just gave him a look, “fine I’ll see you later ok don’t miss me too much,” he said giving me a kiss on the forehead, smiling then walking off.

I sighed as he left, and went to check on the wash. Five minutes later I felt a pair of arms around my waist and Michael’s lips on mine. When he pulled away a smile formed on both of our lips.

“Hey sweetheart I know it’s early but how about tomorrow we go buy some Christmas presents in the city,” he asked.

“Sure thing Mike I’d love to get it done early,” I replied.

“Good because I got us a room for tomorrow night,” he replied slyly.

“Such cunning artist you Corleone’s are.”

“Of course we are we wouldn’t be as entertaining if we weren’t,” he boasted.

“Oh really,” I laughed finishing the laundry.

The next day we headed off enjoying our day mainly goofing around. Somewhere in all of that we managed to get our Christmas shopping done. At the end of the day we ate at a restaurant and headed to our room at the hotel. I looked at Michael then at the beds; there were two single beds. I looked back at Michael who smirked and then started pushing the one next to the other.

The next morning as we strolled down the street I noticed a headline stick out on a newspaper. I stopped abruptly and turned to look at the paper, it read that my godfather had been shot. I let Michael read it then he looked me dead in the eyes, I shook my head in understanding and we headed for the car. The whole way home I wondered if he was dead or alive since the paper hadn’t said.