Pain Without Love, What Else Is There?

The Choice

Once we made sure that Gisbourne and his gang of well whatever you wanted to call them, left, the two of us came out of our hiding place to tuck in Aiden for the night.

It was a rather peaceful night as we headed back to the camp. No drama, no crazy happenings, nothing. It was something that was rare to find in the woods or anywhere in England for that matter anymore.

"So, I'm still waiting to see how good of an archer you are," Robin teased as we walked back to camp.
"Have I not fought on your side long enough for you to realize that?" I raised an eyebrow at him as he chuckled.
"You have but I never noticed."
"Wow, way to make me feel special," I rolled my eyes as he stopped me to corner me against a tree.
"You are special," He whispered as his face got close to mine, "You're the mother of our son and beautiful. I love you."
"I love you too," I smiled as he kissed my lips which was cut short by the sound of a horse fastly approaching.

"This way," Robin took my hand as we headed out of the direction of the some brushes as the man passed by.

I kept quiet as I watched the horse stop, the man look around, then he started off towards Nottingham again. Once Robin realized the coast was clear, he motioned me to come back out as I followed him.

"That was odd," He stood with his hands on his hips as I nodded.
"Indeed."
"Come on, you need your rest now," Robin smiled as I followed him back to the camp.

I found myself restless as I slept alone for a while until I felt two arms wrap loosely around my body, making sure not to bother the wound. I smiled with closed eyes as I fell asleep next to Robin.

In the morning, the sound of voices woke me from my peaceful sleep. Mainly voices who were talking to someone and the sound of a horse on the outside of camp. I slowly rose out of the bed as I smoothed out my hair and found my boots.

"What's she doing here?" I questioned while fixing my belt looking at Marian who smirked at me.
"Same thing as you."
"I'm serious," I store her down as the camp went silent as I rolled my eyes, "Why?"
"She's with us now," Robin looked at me, "She has no where else to go."
"No offense, but can we trust her?"
"Adora, it's me we're talking about," Marian walked towards me, "I'd never betray any of you."
"I'm sorry," I broke eye contact with her, "It's this Allan thing. I find it hard to trust anyone from the castle."
"You have my word, I won't betray you."
"I know," I noddd as I went to get my bow.

As I was finding the arrows that I needed, I heard footsteps walk closer to me.

"What was that about?" Robin hissed under his breath.
"What?"
"Questioning Marian like that?"
"Robin," I looked at him, "Don't start."
"You think I'll fall for her again?" He raised an eyebrow as I shook my head.
"Can we just go find this pact?"
"I'm not letting this go," He looked at me as I brushed past him as he grabbed my arm, "Adora."
"I'm not jealous of her," I looked at him, "Seriously, I trust her. I thought I could trust Allan too but then he went and well became a traitor."
"Marian's not half the liar he is," Robin whispered as I smirked.
"Wow, talk about almost insult."
"She knows who to stay loyal to and who to play."
"Promise?" I questioned as he nodded.
"Yes."
"I do trust her, really."
"I want you to stay with her."
"What?" I looked at him wide eyed as he walked off and I followed him, "You're kidding right? You want me to stay behind as you find the pact?"
"You're the one who just got injured by their best friend," He smirked, "You need to heal."
"I'll heal after I help you."
"Fine," He sighed lowering his head, "But stay close."
"Promise," I smiled as I followed Robin out to where he was headed.

As we went through the forest, we came across this one legged man who was being tormented by Guy and Allan with some other men as Robin went to drive them off in order to help the dying man. I couldn't hear much, just watched the back of my retreating best friend when I heard the man mutter a word "Lardner."

"What?" I turned around to look at Robin as he looked just as confused.
"He's dead."
"But what did he tell you."
"Lardner and Lardner's ring," Robin looked at me, "Whatever it is, we've got to find it."
"First we should bury him," I pointed to the man, "No one deserves to be treated like that."
"Help me," Robin looked at me as we created a burial spot for the man.

As we finished burying the man, I looked at him quickly as a quiet breeze blew past my hair.

"Would you like to say something?" I asked as Robin shifted and looked nervous.
"Will you marry me?" Robin spoke sternly yet there was a nervousness to his eyes.
"What?" I questioned as I was shocked, "Robin, I don't think-"
"When is there a right time?" He smirked as I tried to steady my breathing.
"Almost never but when would we?"
"Once we defeat the Sheriff, fix problems, we can finally settle down," He smiled as he looked at me, "Adora?"

I was silent for a second as I nodded in which he slid the ring on my finger then kissed me quickly.

"Come on, let's get you back to the camp so Djaq can fix your bandages," He smiled as he took me by the hand to head back.

As we were walking again, I see that man from yesterday. I didn't get a good look at him last night but today I did. He was sitting on his horse on a higher cliff as I seen the outline of his frame. It had been a while since I stumbled across him, I just didn't know why he was back now.