A Fight I Refuse to Lose

Chapter 1

Charlotte's PoV

My jaw dropped when my brother almost smashed our front door. He's like this 7 year old who already had 5 cans of Rock star. He runs up the stairs to my room and begins to pack some of my clothes and necessities.

"Pete, slow down! Why are you packing my stuff?" I screamed.

"No, I can't slow down. We need to get to the airport in a few minutes," he said as he closes and zips my luggage.

"What?! Airport?!"

"Your heard it loud and clear. Please no questions."

Pete dashed to his room to get his luggage and ran right back to my room to grab mine. He almost fell down the stairs as he hurried to get out of the house. I follow him outside while asking him if our parents know that he's bringing me somewhere. He answered yes and added that I put my shoes on and my jacket because Patrick will be driving us to the airport.

"Wait! My ID," I said as I motioned to get back in the house.

"I have it right here," Pete waves my shoulder bag up in the air. "As well as your phone, wallet, and iPod," he added.

"Thank you. You planned too much."

"I know."

Pete's PoV

Our parents are going to be so mad when they read the letter I left by the kitchen counter.

Mom and dad,

I'm going to Las Vegas and I'm bringing Charlotte with me. Please don't panic. We are not going to play in any casino there and I'm not going to allow her to drink. I promise we will be behaving. I'm so sorry.

-Pete


Charlotte taps my shoulder which made me jump a little. She tells me to more because we are already the next one in the check-in baggage counter. When the airline personnel asks us to confirm that we are going to Las Vegas, Charlotte started arguing with me. I tried to convince her to go there with me. She agreed when I offered her a deal that I will pay her $1000. In return I get one of those smirks she makes when she has something in mind.

My heart starts pounding when we started our descend. I can hear it in my ears. The flight is on time, half past seven in the evening.

"What kind of trouble am I getting myself into?" I ask myself as the plane started taxiing.

"What were you saying?" Charlotte said.

I mentally slap myself. She heard what I said. My parents doesn't know that she goes to parties and has a tendency ti get drunk. I'm getting more worried by the minute.

"That's nothing. Just promise me you will behave and that you will not get in trouble while we are here," I said as I gathered our backpacks from the overhead compartment.

Charlotte raises her hand and makes a promise that she will behave. She better make that promise or else mom and dad will kill me.