Lighthouse

Staying

We were still in the room. I don't know how much time had passed, but I did know that Anna hadn't let us out. We were sitting side by side against one of the walls, Gerard asking me questions and I asking him some questions in return.

I could feel the room slowly getting colder and my body started to tremble.

"Are you cold?" Gerard asked.

"A little," I said. I watched as Gerard took off the jacket he was wearing before he wrapped it around me, making me feel instantly warm. "Thanks."

"No problem," he said. We sat in silence. I sighed lightly. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I said. "I'm just wondering why Anna's holding us in here."

"Oh," he said.

I don't know why, but I had this feeling that he didn't fully believe me about Anna. But he would. And hopefully soon. I wanted to return to my room and curl under the warm blanket that Anna had given to me when I had first gotten here. I yawned and leaned my head back against the wall, closing my eyes.

When I woke up, it was to the sound of the door creaking open. I opened my eyes slowly, forgetting what room I had been in. Then I remembered that Gerard was here. I looked to my left and saw Gerard wide awake and alert, staring at the door that had opened slightly.

"Finally," I grumbled, standing up and stretching. I looked down at Gerard who was watching me from the floor. "Well come on."

He stood up slowly and followed me out the door. Anna was nowhere in sight of course.

"Anna," I said impatiently.

"What is it?" I heard her voice ask.

"I want to know what your plan is," I replied. I looked around before my eyes settled on an unusally shadowy part of the room. "Come out Anna."

She stepped out of the darkness slowly. I heard Gerard's sharp intake of breath. I bet he believed me about Anna now. Her lifeless eyes moved over Gerard slowly before looking at me.

"He can stay in that room there," Anna said, indicating the room we had just come out of.

"He can't stay in there," I said. "Don't you have another room like the one you gave me?"

"No," Anna said. I though for a moment.

"He could stay in my room," I said slowly. "My bed isn't that small."

Anna glanced at Gerard.

"Whatever you want," she said before disappearing back into the shadows.

"Does this mean no one's leaving?" Gerard said. I turned to look at him sadly.

"I'm afraid so," I replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am very sorry for the long wait. I've just been extremely busy and lazy. Not a good combination. Anyways, enjoy :]
Comments??
~Sally