I'm Addicted to the Way I Feel When I Think of You

Chapter 16

"Oh, Megan! Look at you! You're gorgeous!" My mom exclaimed, while throwing her arms around me.

"Thanks mom. You look good, too." I said hugging her back.

"Hardly. But I tried."

"How's my baby girl doing?" My dad asked as I let go of mom and hugged him tightly.

"Hi, daddy."

I glanced over at Pete. He stood there nervously, one hand in his pocket, the other rubbing the back of his neck. This was the same stance he was in when he stood in my office, asking me to hang out with him the first time. I smiled at him. He smiled back.

I stepped away from my dad. "Mom, dad, this is my boyfriend, Pete." I reached my hand out toward him. He took his hand out of his pocket and connected it with mine.

"Pete! Oh, it's so nice to meet you!" Mom said walking towards him with both arms spread wide apart. Oh Gosh, she was going to hug him.

She wrapped her arms around him. He dropped my hand gently, and lightly patted her on the back, with both hands. "It's nice to meet you too... Mrs. Vaughn."

"Oh please," She started, putting her hands on his shoulders and leaning back to look at him. "Call me Cyndie. Look at how handsome you are!" She said lightly patting his cheek.

"Umm...Thank you, ma'am."

"Cyndie." She reminded him.

"Right. Thank you Cyndie." He corrected himself.

"Step back here Cyn, let me see the boy." My dad said.

I wanted to save him. So bad.

My mother did as she was asked and my father stepped towards him. My dad had a good 5 inches on him. My dad stuck out his hand. Pete did too, shaking his hand. "Hello sir." Pete said.

"Hello. Now, Pete, before you call me Mr. Vaughn, let me point something out to you."

"Um, okay sir."

"Patrick," Patrick sat up straight in his seat and looked towards my dad.

"Yes?" He asked.

"What do you call me?"

"Um... Kenny."

"Exactly. Pete, Patrick is no better than you are so please, address me as Kenny."

"Dad..." I started. He just looked at me and smiled.

"Why don't you guys sit down? I mean we are at a resturaunt... people are staring." Haley said.

The four of us sat down. Pete at my side, my parents infront of us. I scooted my chair closer to Pete. He put his hand on my thigh, and I placed my hand over his.

The rest of the time we were there went good. We had to tell the story of how we met and how we officially got together. My parents wanted to know how Patrick and Pete had meet, and more about their band. Also it was set that the 4 of us had to go visit our parents in Mississippi near the end of the summer. But I don't think that'll happen. My parents and I always make plans, but we never fall through with them.

But everything was good, except my mom kept snapping at me. For example she'd told me to pull my dress up because my boobs were hanging out. Even though they really weren't. She'd told me to quit mummbling and to slow my speach down because no one could understand what I was saying. She'd told me to be quiet because I was louder than everybody in the restaruant. And to sit up because my posture was like a mans. I was used to all of this, but having Pete right next to me as she pointed out my flaw's was embarressing. But of course to her, Haley was just as perfect as ever.

"Oh, will you two come back over to Haley's house?" My mother begged as we walked out of the resturaunt.

I looked over at Pete. He looked at me and smiled nodding his head. "Yeah, mom. Sure." I answered her.

"Oh, thank you so much. I just hate being away from you all of the time."

"Yeah. I know." I said trying to ignore her as we walked towards Pete's car.

"Okay, I'll see you there!" She exclaimed before dunking her head in the passenger seat of her and dad's car.

I grabbed both of Pete's hands, before he had a chance to walk to the drivers side of his car. He smiled at me, gently coaxing me to backwards so that my back was against the car. I leaned up and kissed him on the lips. But just a quick one because my mom and dad were still in the parking lot. "You know, you can go back home. You don't have to come."

"I know I can, but I don't want too." He said.

"You don't?"

"Nah. They're nice. I like them. You and your mom look just alike. But you act just like your dad."

"You can already tell?" I asked him.

"Oh yeah. You've got that cocky, sarcastic, alter-ego attitude just like him."

I opened my mouth and gasped. "Pete! You make me sound dreadful. Am I really like that?"

"Not all the time. Just sometimes. But you're always sarcastic."

"You're mean." I said.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Oh well." I playfully swatted his cheek. Then leaned up and kissed him where I had swatted him. He smiled at me then pressed his lips to my forehead. Letting them linger for a moment. "But you having a cocky, sarcastic, alter-ego, attitude just makes me that much more attracted you."

A smile spread across my face. "I love you." I whispered.

His eyes widened and a smile broke out on his face. Had I really just told him that? I wasn't even planning on it. Or thinking about it. It just came out.

"What?" He asked, suprisingly. "Tell me again!"

"I love you?" I said. But I was half asking myself, more than I was telling him. Oh, wow. I'd just said it again. I loved Pete. I did? I did. I did. I really did.

"You what?"

"I love you. I do. I love you." I said, convinced now that I did love Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz III.

He pulled me into a deep, passionate kiss, not even caring that for some reason my mother was still sitting in the parking space that was maybe a couple yards away.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, whatcha think?

xoxox