Learning to Fall

Those Nights Never Lasted Long Enough

I sighed as I pulled up to Lys’ house at exactly 7. I can’t believe I actually agreed to this. I liked Jade but I wasn’t sure I was willing to take the chance.

“Oh grow a pair and let’s go inside,” Tom grumbled as he got out of my car.

I glared at him and followed him inside, pulling my hair back into a ponytail. I shifted slightly as Tom knocked on Lys’ door.

“Stop moving you look fine,” Tom muttered as he looked at me.

I glared at him as I messed with my Fall Out Boy t-shirt and stuffed my hands into the pockets of my jeans. “Not everyone is as comfortable as you Tomas,” I snapped.

“Boys boys. This is no time to fight,” Lys said as she opened her door. I smiled and Tom’s jaw hit the floor as he saw what Lys was wearing.

She smiled as she ran a hand through her short brown hair. She was wearing a denim mini with black leggings and a black halter top.

“Keep it in your pants Tomas,” I said with a smirk.

“Shut up Hagen,” he said as he wrapped his arms around Lys. “You look beautiful Elyssa.”

“So do you. Wish you would’ve dressed up though,” She said kissing him lightly. “Jade is just coming down Georg. You can wait for her inside if you want.”

I nodded and sighed walking inside. My eyes widened as I saw Jade coming down the stairs. She was wearing a pair of skinny jeans, a Vengeance University shirt and combat boots.

“It’s too casual isn’t it?” She said quietly, her eyes wide and filled with nerves.

“N-no! You look amazing,” I said quietly a huge smile spreading across my face.

Jade blushed bright red as she took my hand and pulled me gently outside. “No I don’t. You on the other hand look great,” she said kissing my cheek gently.

I blushed and kissed her cheek. “Thanks,” I said quietly. She really was nothing like Ruby. Maybe I could take a chance with her.

“You two ready?” Lys asked as she pulled away from Tom.

Jade smiled and nodded, looking up at me shyly. “Whose driving?” he asked quietly.

“I will,” Tom said smirking at me.

“Hell no. You’re not touching my car. I’ll drive.”

Tom laughed as he got into the car with Lys, “You need to calm down Hagen. It’s just a freaking joke,” he said with that stupid smirk.

“Be nice Tomi,” Lys said smacking his leg gently.

The entire drive to the resturant was awkward between Jade and I. We were both obviously nervous and it showed on both our faces. She kept almost glaring at Lys and I couldn’t help thinking maybe she didn’t like me.

“So..how do you like Germany so far?” I asked quietly as we walked inside.

“It’s beautiful here. Everything I thought it would be,” Jade answered with a smile.

I smiled and nodded. “You’d love Berlin. It’s beautiful,” I said quietly.

“We should go one weekend. It’d be fun,” she said

“Shut up and kiss her already Hagen,” Tom muttered poking at his food.

“Stop it Tomas. Be nice,” Lys giggled smacking his arm again. “Eat. Stop friggin playing with your food. What are you five?”
I smirked as Jade and I finished our food first. I hesitated before looking over at her. “You wanna get some air?” I mumbled.

She smiled and nodded getting up and following me outside. She threw Lys a nervous glance before we went out the door.

“One thing’s for sure you can see more stars here then LA,” Jade said quietly as she looked up at the sky.

“Really? It’s beautiful. You should see the sunrise,” I murmured stuffing my hands in my pockets.

“You should relax Georg. I’m not going to bite or anything,” Jade mumbled rocking back on her heels.

I blinked and looked over at her a bit caught off guard. “That was random…” I mumbled.

“I..I like you a lot Georg. You’re such a good guy. But I don’t want to push you if you’re not ready for a girlfriend,” she mumbled looking at the floor.

I moved over to her hesitantly wrapping an arm around her waist. “I like you too Jade. I really do,” I murmured. I could feel the heat rise in my cheeks, our lips only inches apart.

Jade smiled and leaned up, about to kiss me when I heard that stupid snarky voice.

“Awww look at that Lyssa. Georg’s got a new girlfriend! How cute.”

I closed my eyes, letting out an annoyed sigh. “I’m sorry,” I mumbled to Jade before I turned around to glare at Tom. “Really Tomas? Do you have to constantly act like you’re tough shit?”

“Calm down Georg. I’m just messing with you.” Tom said laughing as he rolled his eyes.

“Lys I hope you don’t mind Tom not having kids,” I muttered as I punched him hard in the crotch.

Jade gasped as she watched before she burst out laughing.

“That’s what I think about you messing with me. Try it again and you really won’t have kids,” I whispered in Tom’s ear.

Tom let out a pitiful squeak as I walked toward Jade. I wrapped my arm around her and walked her out to the car a triumphant smile on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long guys.
More on the way.
Chapter Title: Those Nights Never Lasted Long Enough - Every Avenue.

XoXo,
Joanie