Learning to Fall

How Can I Connect to You?

I smiled as I closed my phone. I never thought the day would come that I would thank Xanny for being as bold as she was.

“So what’s going on with you and Jade?” Tom asked as he pulled up in front of his house.

I shrugged and said nothing. I knew if I admitted I liked her to Tom I’d never hear the end of it.

“Oh come off it. You like her don’t you?” He asked as he turned to face me.

I shrugged, thanking God that it was too dark for him to see my blush. “I don’t know what you’re talking about Tom,” I said with a yawn.

Tom shook his head and sighed as he pulled his house key out of his pocket. “All I’m saying is it’s about time you got over Ruby.”

I frowned at the mention of her name. He knew I hated talking about her and yet he still brought her up.

“Leave him alone Tom. You know he hates talking about her,” Gustav said quietly.

Tom raised his hands in defense and rolled his eyes. “You don’t have to be such a baby about it Hagen. She’s just a girl,” He muttered as he walked in the house.

I sighed and followed Bill and Gustav inside. My thoughts wandered back to Jade and a smile spread across my face. I pulled out my phone and sent her another text. What are you girls doing? Cleaning up Tom’s mess I’m guessing.

“Xanny gave her your number?”

I glanced up at Bill and nodded with a smile. “Your girlfriend knows how to be bossy in just the right way,” I answered.

Bill smiled. “She knows when to take initiative,” he said a bit dreamily.

“IN BED!” Tom shouted from the kitchen.

Gustav and I laughed as Bill turned six shades of red. “Shut up Tom,” Bill shouted as he sat down on the couch.

I smiled, happy for the time being that Tom’s attention was turned to his brother.

“Come on Bill, you’re my brother. You have to be a beast in bed. You need a girl who can handle your mojo.”

“Are you saying Xanny can’t handle me?” Bill asked, trying to hide the annoyance in his voice.

Tom shrugged casually as he walked back into the room with a bag of chips and one of his disgusting sandwiches. “That’s for you to decide if you ever want to get laid,” he said as he sat down.

“Tom no one wants to hear about your sexual conquests,” I muttered as Gustav turned on the tv.

“You’re just jealous the only shot you had at getting laid dropped you on your ass,” Tom said with a smirk.

“Fuck you Tom. Not everyone wants to be man whores like you,” I snapped incredibly pissed off now.

“Don’t be a bitch Georg. You just wish Ruby’d given you the time of day.” Tom said with a laugh.

“You don’t know anything about us Tom. All I know is I walked in on you with her tongue down your throat.” I snapped.

“I told you drama queen she threw herself at me.”

“Bullshit Tom. She wanted you the whole time and you know it.”

“So? I only had eyes for Lys. Even before we went out I knew she would be mine,” He answered with that cocky air that pissed me off to no end.

“You know how I felt about Ruby Tom! Yet you still went along with her. Friends are supposed to look out for each other and you stabbed me in the back!” I got up about two seconds from losing my temper.

“Guys chill!” Gustav said stepping in between us. I felt my jaw clench with rage as I stared Tom down.

“No problems here man. Just yanking Georg’s chain, having a little fun,” Tom answered with that fucking smirk.

“I’m dying to smack that smirk off your face,” I growled.

“You need to calm down. Go clear your head. Now.” Gustav said pushing me in the direction of the twin’s guest room.

I shot one final glare at that smirk on Tom’s face before walking out of the room. I sat down on the bed and put my head in my hands.

My mind wandered back to Ruby. I’d been so in love with her, so sure that I would be with her for a long time. I sighed as I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. It was a text from Jade.

Yea. We’re finishing up the last bit of cleaning. What are you doing?

A smile spread across my face. I took a deep breath and dialed her phone number. I bit my lip as the phone rang.

“Hello?”

I grinned. “Hey Jade. It’s Georg,” I said with a smile. I felt the same rush of nerves I’d felt sitting next to her at Lys’ house.

“Hey! I was hoping you would call. What are you doing?”

“Nothing. Bored as hell. Figured I’d save you from the insanity,” I said with a smile.

“Well you are yet again my knight in shining armor,” Jade said with a smile.

I blushed and laughed. “Always ready to save a damsel in distress.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title credit: Human Connect to Human - Tokio Hotel

Comments are love.

Traumer,
Joanie.