Status: Updated every week or so. [:

Classifieds

Woah.

“Honey I’m home!” William shouted as he and Angela entered her small apartment. They both stopped dead in their tracks when they saw a figure come out of Angela’s bedroom and make their way over to them.

“Angela! It’s so good to see you! When did you get a boyfriend?” a woman slightly taller than Angela said. Dressed in a dark sweater, jeans, and tennis shoes, she looked to be about twenty three and seemed familiar.

William couldn’t help but wonder what was going on, while Angela was pondering what in the world she had done to have her dreams shattered right as soon as everything was finally going right.

“Isabelle, my gosh what are you doing here?” Angela managed to stutter out.

“Isabelle? As in your cousin Isabelle?” William asked still confused.

“Of course I’m here Angela, I visit you every year before you come down to our house for Christmas! I didn’t know you would be out of town though so I figured I would stay here until you got back. I never really got the point of why you never liked cell phones either.” she replied while looking at her nails.

“The fact that they control half your life and by the time you realize it, your brain had gone to a dead mush.” retaliated her cousin.

“Of course, whatever you say Angie. Anyways, do you mind telling my why you have William Beckett trailing behind you like a lost puppy?”

“You know who he is?”

“Of course, who doesn’t?” she said in a ‘duh’ tone, “He’s only the lead singer of The Academy Is… which just so happens to be my favorite band.”

“Erm, wow. You don’t say?” William replied not knowing how else to reply, while slowly backing away.

“Now enlighten me on how you ended up with my oh-so plain jane cousin.” Isabelle questioned him while Angela groaned.

“We met at the bookstore she works at.” William lied.

“How cliché, but seriously tell me why you picked her. She’s not the most exciting flower of the bunch.”

“Oh Isabelle, remind me how long you’re here for again?” Angela gritted through her teeth.

“I was only waiting for you to get back but now that you’ve got your arm candy, I think I’ll stay around for a bit.” she giggled, which made Angela groan once more.
“Well that’s a shame, Aunt Carol and Uncle Ted will be so disappointed that you won’t make it to weekly dinner.”

“Don’t worry your pretty little head Angie, they’ll be fine without me.”

“Well, I know I will too. Not to be rude, but Bill and I are just so tired after driving all day and night to get back from Illinois. So we’ll see you tomorrow?” Angela nodded off her cousin towards the door. William on the other hand, had a very hard time constraining his laughter.

After Isabelle had left, Bill and Angela collapsed on the couch hoping to have a couple of minutes of silence and alone time.

“So what in the world was that all about?” he finally asked her looking up at her while taking her hand in his.

“She’s the cousin I told you about, the one I was going to give you to. And she just got under my skin the way she was talking about you. To be honest, I’m just thinking that I should just buy her a puppy and be done with her Christmas present.” she sighed.

“I was kind of freaked out by the way she knew so much about me. There were so many escape routes I mapped out in my head to get out of your apartment. No offense of course.” he laughed a bit before continuing, “On a lighter note, I have to admit that you guys are nothing alike and I like you so much better. Plus, it was pretty hot the way you told her to get out that way, jealousy kinda suits you.”

She giggled leaning into his chest, “Thanks Bill, but I really do feel bad about the way I treated her. I mean she’s basically partly the only family I have left and I don’t want to ruin that.”

“I know, I know. And if it makes you feel any better, I’d rather stay with you. We’re finally together, there’s no one else I’d rather be with.” he kissed her forehead.

“You’re right, but I just can’t escape the feeling that something bad will happen soon and it’ll have to do with her. Maybe it’s just the guilt that’s eating me up considering you were supposed to be for her and not me.”

“Of course, love, but you’re the one I want to be with.” he reassured her.

Somehow, those words weren’t too assuring to her though. She knew something bad was going to happen but wasn’t sure when. All she knew was that things were sure going to get shaken up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahaha, I'm sorry, this had to be posted sooner or later.
I don't like Isabelle, do you?
Why is it that there's like twenty-something people subscribed but only two people commenting?
Speak up!
I don't bite, usually. (: