Socially Awkward

Mistakes

My mom drove me to school. Even though we only lived roughly two minutes away, I half wished it wouldn't take so long. The other half wished I lived on the other side of the city like Avery, so I wouldn't be at school until class actually started. Either way, I would be tormented.

The car finally pulled up in front of the huge brick building, proudly decorated with a banner than said "Welcome Freshmen!" I snorted inwardly, knowing how very unwelcome I was going to feel once I stepped inside those glass doors.

"Have a nice day, Kit," my mom said, looking concerned, but attempting encouragement.

I didn't reply, and exited to the car in a hurried manner. I looked down at me feet as I made my way inside. Right when I walked through the doors, Avery ran up and hugged me, and Leigh soon followed.

"Um, claustrophobia, guys," I muttered. They quickly released me. The moment they did so, the dreaded gushing began.

"Oh my GOD! You know your brother's friend, Grey? He's RIGHT THERE!" Avery squealed. I bit my lip and she groaned. "You don't have to be SO socially awkward."

So for the rest of the day, I was lectured about how I needed to be more outgoing. This all amounted to horrible nausea. My friends were so stupid.

After our first three periods, we had lunch. Well, Leigh and Avery ate. I was still overwhelmingly nauseous. The Grey obsession continued, and speak of the fucking devil, he walked into the cafeteria. Him, and all of his football friends, laughing and talking and I couldn't understand how they could look at him normally when I was right there. I doubted they even knew. I just gaped at the scene in front of me, when I noticed my mouth was hanging open.

"Ha! Kit, you're like, drooling over Grey!" Leigh giggled. Her cute, girlish face lit up at this potential gossip. That was going to get on my nerves before the day was over.

"Awwe, Kit LIIIIIIKES him! It's ok, he IS gorgeous," Avery remarked, batting her eyelashes. That was also going to annoy me. I was beginning to realize how shallow my friends were.

"No, I so don't," I snapped, turning red. They mistook my anger for shyness and simultaneously clapped their hands.

"Ohmygah! I'm setting you two up on a da-ate!" Avery sang, making 'date' a two syllable word. My mouth became slack again and my eyes probably looked like they could pop out of their sockets.

"Ah! She's excited," Leigh chirped.

My friends were horrible at reading expressions.

"Guys, I REALLY don't like him! PLEASE don't," I pleaded.

"Don't be stupid! He's fucking HOT!" Avery and Leigh said in unison. Another stupid habit.

Before I had another word, which would have been mentioning just what Grey had done, they danced off and up to him. I saw them mutter some things, and then I felt his eyes on me. I looked up, and he had this hideous, wolfish grin on his face.

What was happening?!
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment! It REALLY helps. :]