A Daydream Spills From My Corked Head

Chapter 2

I never thought the concert was going to start. The day was going by so slowly. I was already leaning over the bathroom sink, applying my makeup because i was so bored.

I also remembered that Lauren never told me how she got the tickets. I hoped that she didn't like steal them from a homeless person, or some eight year old girl who only thinks she knows everything about the band. Actually, if she DID take it from an eight year old girl, I wouldn't be mad. Besides, loving Panic just because of their looks is stupid. It's all about the music, but the looks do help in the whole "obsessed" feeling.

I got my chance to ask Lauren because she came into the bathroom looking for her eyeliner. I opened the drawer and held it up in front of her face. She grabbed it and took a spot in front of the mirror to doll herself up, without saying a word.

I decided to break the silence, "So Lauren, how DID you get the tickets, anyway? This concert has been sold out for weeks,"

She stopped blackening her eye and looked at me. "Oh, so you know the radio station 105.6 SLCR? Yeah, well, they were having a contest for them. I knew how much you loved them so I thought, 'Hey, what the hell'. I called in, answered a simple band-history question, and won. Easy."

I laughed, "That's good to know. I was thinking you stole them from an eight year old "Panic" fanatic."

Lauren didn't say anything back. She just laughed, and went back to the mirror. I finished my makeup and went to watch some tv.

I found the remote and sat my lazyass down on the couch. I pressed the power button and two old ladies appeared on the screen. I'm assuming this was the scrapbooking channel. I don't understand who the hell would ever watch something stupid like this. I was just about to change the channel when something interested me. They old hags were talking about making large signs for concerts. I didn't even think about that. We could make a sign. That way, it would probably get us noticed more. It was perfect.

"Hey Lauren, we should make a sign for the concert," I suggested.

Lauren came out into the living room. "Uh, why? I got us backstage pa..."

I gasped. "You what?! Why didn't you tell me?!"

The look on her face changed instantly. "Surprise...?" she laughed, nervously.

I guess she was hoping to make it a surprise, or maybe she just forgot to tell me. Either way, I knew that this was going to be one concert I was never going to forget. There was only one thing I had to do tonight, hug Ryan Ross.
♠ ♠ ♠
Since it is almost midnight here, I made this chapter pretty short. Tell me what you think.
I'll probably update tomorrow if I get the chance.
(:

Comments?