I Don't Care if the Necklace Fits! I'd Rather Not be Kidnapped by Immortals!

Chapter Seventeen

NOTE: this chapter contains material that may not be found suitable for persons under the age of 17.
Chapter Seventeen

Everything was black. I couldn’t breathe. Pointy things kept hitting my body. The only thing I felt was pain, and the coolness on my hand. I kept swallowing something thick and it tasted so disgusting that I could have vomited. Even if I’d wanted to, I couldn’t, because any time I opened my mouth, the gross stuff filled my mouth. I wanted to scream, but found myself too suffocated to do so. I was pulled out of what I now see as muddy water. I only got a glance at my savior before I heard an explosion. I was barely able to turn around before the fire enveloped my entire body.
I fell to the ground, screaming from the excruciating burning sensation that embraced me. I curled up into a ball, covering my head, screaming my lungs out. Every breath I took was filled with smoke, so if I wasn’t screaming, I was coughing. The fire stopped, but it didn’t end the pain. It just enabled the tears to fall down my face. When I tried to look up, I found that my savior was staring down at me. The image was so blurry, I couldn’t even try to understand who it was. I continued crying helplessly as I watched someone push my hero into the rushing mud-flooded river below.
The evil person looked down at me and all I could do was cry harder. They kicked me in my already broken ribs and I rolled off of the large rock and into the river, to find my muddy grave.
“VICTRIVIA!” Nuri screamed for the third time, shaking me from the last of the dream. I took a gulp of air and looked at him. It was still dark in the room. I looked over to the alarm clock. It was 3:47 AM.
“Oh, Triv,” He said as he embraced me into a hug. I hugged him back with just as much emotion.
“That dream was so horrible Nuri. There was mud and fire and smoke and oh, the burning! It was horrible!” I exclaimed, trying to grasp control of my tearless sobs.
“Shhh, it’s okay baby. It was just a dream… I hope.” He whispered the last part more to himself than anything.
“What do you mean, ‘I hope.’” I questioned, pushing away from the hug. I grappled the control on my emotions and stood my ground more firmly.
“It’s just… well sometimes, one of the powers a sun can have is to see the future in their dreams. This dream could actually happen.” He explained, looking at me sadly. I felt my knees weaken and grabbed onto Nuri for support.
“I… Nuri, that was such a horrible nightmare. Y-you have no idea… I doubt that in reality I could even survive it. I would sooner take my own life than go through what happened.” I stated. He looked at me gravely.
“Victrivia, whatever you do, if you’re ever tempted to take your own life, don’t do it. Promise me. I… I couldn’t live if you weren’t alive, too. Literally.” He stated. I gave him a small, sad smile and nodded.
I crawled back into the bed and Nuri lay down next to me. He wrapped his arms around me and I buried my face into his chest, trying to forget the horrors of the nightmare entirely. I eventually fell asleep, this time dreaming of the ice covered tree that sat outside.
Nuri’ POV
She smiled sadly at me and I grabbed her hand and squeezed it ever so slightly, just to let go and crawl back into the bed. She crawled in next to me and I wrapped my arms around her, rubbing her back consolingly. She buried her head into my chest and I listened to her breaths, as they got deeper as she fell into a peaceful sleep.
I pondered on what her dream could have consisted of. Obviously, a lot of pain was involved. Emotionally or physically? I pondered.
Triv was usually a strong person when it came to emotions. If she was angry, she felt it pulse through every artery and vein in her body. If she was upset, she would cry heavily or disguise it in anger. And God knows that she was the happiest person I had ever met, if she wasn’t upset for some reason. But this dream, could it have been the reoccurring nightmare that Ari had told me she’d been experiencing? Was it something different? What could it be?
I soon fell asleep with these questions swirling around in my head. I then had my own nightmare.
I laid there in my bed, unmoving. I reached out to see if Triv had been lying with me. When I didn’t come to touch the warm body I knew as Victrivia, I picked my head up off of my pillow to look around. She wasn’t anywhere to be seen, and the room was left empty, save for the objects and myself within it. I sensed that something was out of place. I threw the blanket off of me and didn’t bother to put on any pants. I rushed out of the door and ran down the creaky stairs. I walked into the kitchen. There was a shit-load of food out, and the only person that was in this house to eat it was Triv, unless Kay had just as big of an appetite. I walked into the living room to see Kay sitting on the couch next to Elliot. I rushed up to Triv and Kay’s room, threw open the door and found a little girl with black hair on Triv’s bed.
The little girl was extremely pale, and she had hair in front of her face. She was wearing a school uniform, consisting of a plaid skirt that fell halfway between her knees and thighs, and a white polo shirt with a black jacket. When I approached her, she looked up at me with sad red eyes. I stumbled backward. I’ve never seen a demon so young. The red eyes were a common trait among demons, but not all had it. Sarah, for example, had silvery gray-green eyes that shimmered when she smiled.
“Victrivia killed herself, and I’m here to take your life for what you’ve done.” The little girl declared in a voice that any five-year-old could have. I stared at her in disbelief.
“Sh-she killed herself?” I repeated, feeling my body shake in grief. The little girl nodded sadly, but then anger flashed across her features.
“She’s dead. And it’s your entire fault. Nuri, I know what you did to Sarah. She carried your offspring, and you still killed her. That baby could have been the alliance between the angels and the demons. You killed it, along with Sarah. The only person in any world came to make it right, and she killed herself because of you. You’re responsible for three deaths. Now I am going to be responsible for my first,” The little girl exclaimed.
“The last thing I ever wanted was Triv to die! What do you mean she killed herself because of me?!” I cried. I felt hot tears fall down my cheeks and the little girl stared angrily at me. The vision of her just became blurry. I wanted to kill this little girl, but I knew that if I wanted my explanation, I wasn’t going to get it from anyone else. Then it hit me—No one knew Victrivia was dead yet. Everyone was still downstairs.
“You know as well as I do that is a lie! This girl killed herself because you didn’t love her back! There is no bringing her back unless a sun of equal power comes, and this happens to be the most powerful creature to have ever breathed, Nuri! Do you understand what I am telling you? You’ve ruined all immortal life! With her life, you’re responsible for all immortal kind. And you will be the first to pay!” The little girl’s voice began to change into the voice of Sarah. Her long black hair got lighter until it reached the exact shade of blonde. Her legs grew longer and her red eyes shimmered silvery gray-green. I watched as this little demon girl became the first love of my life.
I bolted upright and Victrivia awoke with me, because she’d been lying on my chest still.
“Triv, oh my god, Triv!” I exclaimed as I happily squeezed her harder than I’ve ever hugged someone before. I pulled away, and she looked confused, but I didn’t care. I kissed her deeply and passionately, refusing to pull away until I was satisfied with the fact that she really was in my arms at the moment. When I finally pulled away, she smiled up at me with her twinkling bright green eyes.
“Looks like I’m not the only one that has nightmares, eh?” she questioned. I grinned and kissed her again, just happy to have her. Triv was mine. She was here. And she was alive.
Triv’s POV (later on)
I thought back to that kiss that Nuri had forced upon me this morning for the eight hundred and seventy fifth time. I couldn’t help it. It was so passionate and sweet. I couldn’t help but ponder on what could have possibly been in his nightmare that he was so ecstatic about the fact that I was there. Did I die? Was I hurt? Those were two questions that I could simply assume the answer to. Then came the question that floated its way through my head consistently: Did he really care about me that much? My mind was brought back to the movie as I watched V for Vendetta with Kay, Dylan, and Nuri. What can I say? I really like that movie.
Kay kept giving me dirty looks all day, and I wasn’t sure why. Every time I tried to talk to her, she would ignore whatever I had said or asked. The only way I’d gotten her to even sit in the same room with me is because Nuri asked Dylan if they wanted to watch the movie with us. When Dylan was utterly thrilled about it, there was no way that Kaylynne could have said no. I didn’t understand. I hadn’t done anything wrong, and usually it took something big to keep her from talking to me about it. Usually? Who am I kidding? She’s never ignored me. Not once in my lifetime has Kay ever not talked to me for some reason. I wasn’t sure what to do. I should confront her, but she’d probably just ignore me again.
When the movie ended, Dylan said that he needed to go to the bathroom and excused himself, and when Nuri decided that was our cue for a make-out session, Kay slipped out of the room without notice. I pushed Nuri away once I was sure that Kay was gone.
“Nuri, I don’t understand. Kay’s been ignoring me and giving me dirty looks all day. We’ve never had a fight in our entire friendship, save for once. But that was totally different from this. She’s mad at me, and I don’t know why.” I explained, pouting. He pushed me down so I was laying on the couch and pinned my arms above my head. He leaned forward and pressed his lips against mine so that they were touching, but barely.
“I have no idea how anyone could stay angry at such an adorable little thing like you,” He whispered, his lips moving on mine as he said it. I attempted squirming out of his grasp, but obviously that didn’t work out.
Stupid necklace. Why can’t it give me my mad super powers now? Seriously, come on now. I’ve gotta wait, like, elevendy billion years for these stupid powers to begin to take shape. URGH! I complained to myself.
Nuri leaned down and kissed me deeply. I didn’t kiss back. I just sort of sat there, not cooperating, until he sighed and pulled away.
“Look, if you’re really that concerned, go confront her about it. You’re really killing my mood with your moping.” He whined.
“I would if you would get off of me.” I stated, smirking. He grinned down at me and kissed me on the lips. This time I kissed him back. The kiss only lasted a few seconds before he sighed and picked himself up off of me. I jumped on top of him and kissed him deeply, only to end up tickling him and then running away, giggling like a maniac. I didn’t hear him behind me, so I continued running up to his room. He’d suspect me running to my own room. Plus, Kay was there. Just as I threw open the door, I ran straight into him and was thrown onto his bed, only to be tortured with his fingers tickling my incredibly sensitive stomach.
“HAH! I win!” He exclaimed.
I kicked and flailed and screamed in between laughs. He was on top of me just like before, but this time he wasn’t pinning down my arms. I pulled at his hands with all of my strength, but it was no use. Somehow, I’d squirmed my way out from under him, and when I was about to jump up and run, he laid down next to me, still tickling me. I squealed and kicked again, pulling his hands away from my stomach and trying to wiggle away from him. I found that trying to get away from him only made it worse, so I buried my face into his chest and squealed from being tickled, until I decided to tickle him back. This was when I was back into the position I’d been with him on the couch. He forced his lips upon mine greedily and I kissed him back with just as much passion.
He began leaving butterfly kisses down my neck and collar bone, and then his hands traveled down to my waist. He kissed me on the lips again, and then began leaving a hickey on my neck when I felt a light tugging at the hem of my shirt. I pushed him off of me and pulled my shirt over my head, only to have him jump back on top of me. His hands now caressed my flat stomach, and it tickled slightly, explaining why I dug my fingernails into my palms to keep from squirming. We made out while I attempted to pull off his shirt without breaking apart. When this didn’t work out so well, he pushed me away for the moment and pulled his shirt off to reveal a well toned six pack. I traced the lines of it with my finger when he came back down to kiss me.
When he started to finger the latch of my bra is when I froze as my boundaries came into play. He caught on quickly and pulled away.
“I’m sorry if I’m pushing your limits,” Nuri said. I nodded.
“It’s okay. Things are just moving a little too fast, I think. You understand, right?” I asked. He smiled at me and pecked me on the lips, grabbing my hand and giving it a reassuring squeeze. Then he let go and he pulled my shirt back over my head and was fixing my mess of hair. Once it looked somewhat decent, I kissed him on the lips quickly and scurried out of his room to go find Kay.
I was going to find out why that girl was angry with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
pft. who needs italics? I know I don't. wow, I must be really really lazy hah. here's the next chapter. I got bored lawl.