‹ Prequel: Moving On
Sequel: My Immortal

It's Not Over

Chapter 3

Zacky sat on the couch with his guitar in his hand when Matt walked in. They didn’t say anything; they just sat next to each other until Matt broke the ice. “Have you heard anything?” His voice was strained.

“No, she’s still asleep,” Zacky said strumming the notes to Seize the Day.

“She’s going to be ok,” Matt said more for his benefit then Zacky’s.

“The doc said she’s going to have to wake up on her own. What did we do to make her fall asleep?” Zacky asked his shoulders slumming.

“We both did things to hurt her,” Matt said.

Jimmy walked in at that point, “You ready to rock Mother FUCKERS?” He was always in the mood to rock it cleared his head.

“Let’s go,” Zacky said getting up. In that moment the tension between him and Matt seemed to disappear. At least the friction in the band wouldn’t be so bad.

After the concert – Meet and Greet

“Zacky could you sign this for me?” A girl asked handing him a book. He looked at it and raised an eyebrow.

“Um, sure?” He said a little mystified. He read the title Moving On, then his eyes flew to the author and her froze. It was Jo’s book.

“Thanks,” the girl smiled and went to the Brian, after the girl left. Brian looked at Zacky.

“Are you ok?” Brian asked.

“Jo wrote another book?” Zacky asked.

“Yeah, but why bring that up now?” Brian asked.

“A girl just asked me to autograph it,” Zacky shook his head.

“Really? I haven’t read it, Sam is reading it.” Brian signed someone’s shirt leaving Zacky with his thoughts.

Another girl came up to Zacky; “Zacky so are you dating anyone?” the girl asked showing cleavage.

“Not at the moment,” Zacky said flashing her a fake smile which was enough to throw her into a fit of giggles.

“Really? Well how about we get a drink after this?” The girl didn’t let up. He just looked at her.

“Just because I don’t have a girlfriend doesn’t mean I’m on the market,” Zacky said handing her, her CD back.

“Oh, you’re no fun,” she said in a huff and tried her magic with Brian who shut her down right away. Zacky could just imagine Sam’s face if she was there.

“Why are you laughing?” Brian said.

“I’m thinking about Sam,” Zacky let out another fit of giggles.

“I should beat you up right now,” Brian said confused, it was good to see Zacky laugh but not the reason he was laughing.

“Dude, if she would have been here, with that chick it would have been priceless,” Zacky said as he saw Brian relax and start laughing.

“What are you guys laughing about?” Jimmy asked he was a little cranky he wanted to start drinking.

“Sam beating up a chick,” Zacky said.

Brian’s phone rang, “Speak of the devil,” he said as he picked it up. Then stood up and went to talk to her in private without all these girls around him that could blog everything they heard in a matter of minutes.

“Hi,” a girl came up to the table she looked very shy.

“Hello, who do I make this out to?” Zacky asked.

“Elizabeth,” the girl smiled.

“That’s a very pretty name,” Zacky said as he finished signing.

“Thank you, do you think she’s going to wake up soon?” Elizabeth asked.

“Who are you talking about?” Zacky’s heart was beating in his chest.

“I.S.” The girl cocked her head to the side.

“Why would you ask me?” Zacky asked.

“Because you’re the love of her life silly,” Elizabeth let out a laugh. She noticed the confused look on Zacky’s face. “You haven’t read the book have you?”

Zacky nodded his head no. “ Well here you can have my copy, I read in the paper that she’s in a coma, I hope she wakes up soon I know all of us have questions for her,” then Elizabeth put the book on the table and turned to leave.

Zacky didn’t want to pick it up. Jimmy looked at him and tried to reach for the book but Zacky stopped his hand. “You read the manuscript.” Zacky said.

“Yes,” Jimmy said.

“And you didn’t tell me,” Zacky’s voice was getting more and more strained.

“I couldn’t she chose not to tell you,” Jimmy said.

“What the hell does that mean, she told me to move on,” Zacky was getting angry, at this point Brian came back to the booth he noticed the tension and gave the sign to stop the crowd from coming in. Then he took Zacky to the back Jimmy following along.

“She didn’t think she was good enough for you,” Jimmy said the words splashing everyone in the face.

“What the hell does that mean?” Zacky screamed.

“Read the book.”

“You’ve read it?” Zacky turned around accusing Brian.

“No but Sam did. You should read the book; it’s the best way to understand anything.” Jimmy handed Zacky the book and they both left him. He flipped it open sat on the floor up against a wall and started reading.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update just for Sam cause she’s leaving tomorrow to meet the love of Jo’s life.
Her boyfriend, and their awesome band.
*sigh* I regret not going now.
♥♥♥