‹ Prequel: Better Man
Sequel: Family Portrait

Alone This Holiday

Chapter Nine

"Can you open your eyes for me, Brian?" The voice of the Doctor pulled me from my sleep, but I didn't open my eyes, still. "Brian?"

"I don't think he's awake, Doc," Dad sighed. Hearing Dad's voice gave me the little bit of encouragment to open my eyes and face everyone. I noticed something around the corner of my right eye, so went to move my hand to brush it away, only to realise my limbs were strapped to the bed by firm bands. My eyes shot open, and the thing fell into my eye and a groan escaped my body.

"Let me out of these things!" I yelled, my eye was stinging and tears were rolling out from the feeling. The Doctor and Dad rushed to either side of me, both trying to tell me I couldn't leave, and I needed to stay. "Yeah, but there's something in my fucking eye!" They both stopped, then the doctor allowed one hand out of the straps. Once I got it out of my eye, relief rushed through my head as the stinging stopped.

Dad sat down, and the Doctor did some basic tests; my name, age, and then the question came up, "Are you having suicidal thoughts?"

I looked to my Dad and answered, "Yes," Dad sighed, and put his head in his hands. The Doctor nodded and took some notes on the chart that was clearly mine, filled with all my medical history.

"We're going to have to keep you for twelve hours, on a suicide watch," I rolled my eyes, as he ushered me to lay back down so he could strap me back to the bed. I shook my head, refusing to allow him to do this.

Then someone chucked, "What if I strapped you to the bed?" My head shot to the door, Anna was in a whealchair, being pushed by a nurse. A smile was being hinted at the corner of her lips.

"Anna, what, I, you, me?" I couldn't form a sentence. There she was, my soon to be ex-wife, making jokes, sexual ones at that, despite the fact that she'd barely been able to look me in the eyes for week's before.

"Yeah, I know, we're divorcing. But I got a good bump on the head and don't remember us breaking up, yet," She sounded so comfortable, like her lack of memory was normal. "So basically you're still my husband, and I thought I was still pregnant..." She came closer to me, and put her hand on my cheek and stroked it. "So part of me want's to tell you that I love you,"

"What's the other part saying?" I whispered, laying down as the doctor strapped me down. I flinched at how tight the wrist strap was, it pinched my skin causing me to yelp a little.

"Sorry," He apologised.

"To hate you, I'm not sure what for. Nobody will tell me what's happened," Soon I noticed everyone had left the room, for privecy and Anna was now close to my face. Her lips lingered over mine, before I closed the distance and pressed my lips to hers. We both hesitated for a moment, before I felt her tongue run across my bottom lip and my mouth open. Deep down I knew what we were doing was wrong; it was as though I was abusing her lack of memory, but it felt so right to have our bodies this close. There was a loud cough in the door way, Zacky was standig there, arms folded, clearly pissed off.

He spoke, "Anna, go back to your room, now,"

Sighing she replied, "Zacky, I'm not two-"

"Now,"

"Zack-"

"Just do it," He snapped, opened the door further so the nurse could take her back. When she left he stepped further in, and the process of him pacing the room began. it took twenty minutes for him to say anything and when he did, I didn't understand him. "How you feeling?"

"Huh?"

"How. Are. You. Feeling?"

"Suddenly like a retard," I informed him, slight attitude coming with the words. "How are you feeling?"

"Tired. I've been up all night trying to expain to your son why you can't come home,"

"What did you tell him?"

He stepped closer, stopping at the bottom of the blue bed. "That you were sick in the brain," He snapped. "What the fuck were you thinking, Brian?" Zacky yelled.

"I-I,"

"You tried to kill yourself! Did it not occur to you that had you succeeded, and Anna not have woken up your children would be orphins!"

"Zacky-"

"Don't fucking call me that," He warned. "Your son got told at school that you tried to kill yourself. He hasn't said a word since then, you've really fucked up this time Brian,"

"You know what Zachary you've always acted like you're better then me. Since I can remember. Get the fuck over yourself, and the fuck out of here!"

He left, my body racked itself in sobs. I really was a fuck up, there was no way to deny it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Um, yeah, not so proud of that one =(
But I'm trying to move the story on from the gloomy stuff, it's to sad, and it's starting to annoy me, so I'm going to get it out of the hospitalness in the next chapter, maybe, I'm not exactly sure.

Okay, so bare with me?

Love
XxX_Numb_XxX