Status: CurrentlyOnHold

Causing Havoc and Taking Names

3,2,1 Despair

Despair's Point Of View

The tree. It is there I waited. Perched in one of it’s strong branches, feeling the ancient bark create grooves in my coat. I regret to say that I am going to need there help for what is to come. I have discovered much. My hatred for Plague and Guardian has been appeased slightly. I can only hope that what I know shall prevent me from coming to harm. Not that they could touch me.
It has been almost an two hours since the phone call. One hour, fifty minutes, fifty seconds. I have never been so nervous.
I heard the squeak of a car coming to a halt, I peered out through the trees. A black Volkswagen Touareg. It glinted in the light. Soon came the mutters of voices and the slamming of car doors.
“Where are we?” A female asked.
“Shut up a second would ya?” The malevolent Plague commanded. I watched as her figure walked over to the still, silence of the one known as Guardian. This tree holds many secrets. “Are you going to be ok?” Plague asks.
“No. But we have to” he said, clenching his fists and taking sharp paces towards the tree. The clouds quickly blanketed the sky. Turning it grey. Thunder roared in my ears. “Ok. We’re here. Show yourself.” Guardian said. I dropped down from the branch and landed in a crouch. The contents of my bag shuffled.
“Who’s that?” The female from before asked. All was silent. Plague clenched her fists and prepared herself for attack.
“Trouble. Real big trouble.” She muttered.
“What do you want?” Guardian asked.
“Oh Guardian. There is no need for this to be unpleasant.” I grinned.
“Let’s just get him Guards” Plague said. Her eyes faded to a pitch black. A shocked look etched its way on her face as they unwillingly returned to normal. “What’s happening?” She asked staring at her hands.
“The tree…” Guardian said. A few drops of rain dropped from the clouds as they roared once more. “Tells us what you want and leave us be Despair. We’ve had enough of your attempts at our lives.”
“The truth is Guardian, I have asked you here for your help.” They stared at me. Puzzled.
“And why would we do that?” He asked. I rummaged through my bag and pulled out a paper file about as thick as the tires on his car. He caught it.
“Tavien has kept a file on us. Each and every one he has made. His intentions are unclear. His motives uncertain. Even those you have yet to meet. You will be the first to read it. I have been saving it for quite sometime”
“How did you get this?” He asked waving it.
“That is for me to know. And don’t bother reading my mind Violet. It’s un-touchable” I mocked.
“How do you know my name? I thought you never read the file.”
“I didn’t. There are very few things I don’t know.”
“Kind of a smart-aleck isn’t he?” She whispered to Plague.
“You have no idea.” Plague replied. “Come on Guardian, let’s get him”
“Plague no!” Guardian shouted as she foolishly charged. I have to admit. She had improved physically since we had last met. But her hot-headedness is sure to get her killed one day.
She made clumsy swipes at my head. I ducked and weaved beneath them. Catching her wrist I twisted and threw her over my shoulder with all my strength. Plague flipped and recovered in mid-air, landing gracefully near her original spot. She HAD improved.
But this time Guardian stopped her before she charged yet again.
“Plague don’t be stupid, you know you won’t beat him in a fisticuffs.” Guardian’s wise words echoed around the area. Always the big brother. The mentor. The leader.
“But I can I could-”
“No”
“When did you become the boss?”
“Since everyone here, including yourself can kick your ass”
“No way”
“Way. That’s enough. I’ll handle it.” Guardian said. Walking over slowly.
“Ah, ah, ah” I cooed. Bringing fourth a katana from inside my coat. His eyes lit up. Not in fear. Nor in surprise. But in familiarity. This is HIS sword. Protected in a pitch black, glistening sheath the letters 後見, 監視者 carved into the fine wood. Golden hand guards and red thread dangled from the hilt. A black handle with flames crafted into the blade. A very elegant blade. Destined for him.
He paused and licked his lips. I held out the blade respectfully.
“What’s that?” The Violet.
“Oh my god…” Plague whispered.
“What!?” Violet said more agitated this time.
“It’s Guardian.”
“What’s wrong with him?”
“No you doof, the blade is called Guardian. And ironically it IS Guardian’s blade. The first sword he ever had held. The first weapon he wielded. He adored this weapon.”
“Then why does that guy have it?”
“Guardian lost it. He dropped it when we were running from something. He never forgave himself for that. Again with the irony, Despair is the guy who gave it to him the first time as well.”
“You mean. You guys knew each other?”
“We knew each other better than we knew ourselves.”
I smiled at the mutters and whispers of recognition from the girls. Guardian reached out for it. I let his fingers hover above the blade. He chewed his lip nervously. He made a sudden move to grab it. I moved it out the way. He frowned at me. Again I move it.
“You’ve grown sloppy Guardian. When was the last time you trained?”
“Told ya” Violet shouted. Again I move it from his grasp. Teasing him. Making him more and more infuriated. His movements became more violent and forward. Mine grew faster. It was beginning to become a test to keep it away from him. Until I eventually I tossed it lightly to him. He caught it and if it weren’t for the rain which drenched our bodies, I could have sworn I saw I tear of joy slide down his cheek.
“Let us see how sloppy you’ve gotten” I said and pulled out another blade. Nowhere near the craft men ship perfection as his. We had done this before. Over two-hundred years ago.

He licked his lips once more and pulled out the blade. Into sung an eldritch song as it sliced through rain drops. He caressed the edge of the blade with his hand before entering a fighting stance. I twisted my wrist so the tip of the blade pointed down.
“Let’s play” I toyed and Guardian smiled. Relishing the challenge.
He charged and the first set of sparks flew as the two blades collided together. Another set of sparks jumped as I blocked an vertical swipe. He redirected my blade and spun around. Putting momentum in his swing. I somersaulted over the blade and sliced his coat. “My, my, my. You have gotten sloppy. The Guardian I knew wouldn’t have let that happen” I taunted. Guardian removed his coat and cast it aside. This is going to be fun.
The rain fell heavily. Blanketing all but twenty meters in front of me. His arms made sweeping movements as I countered with sharp, quick ones. The sparks didn’t hesitate to leap away from each blow. Each slice able to cut bone. Each stab able to penetrate steel. Our arms moved frantically as our legs moved simultaneously in the dance of combat. I was right. This IS fun.
I laugh as I yet again slice through his top.
“Are you sure he’s all there?” Violet asks Plague.
“Nope.”
“Oh…Alright then” she says cheerfully.
I saw an opening. I kick the back of his leg forcing him down to one knee. I bring down my blade. I hear gasps from the others. I whisper in his ear. Holding my blade just above his neck.
“Two hundred years ago you would have sliced me… Look how far you’ve fallen Guardian?”
“I still have enough to beat you.” he snapped.
“Then why am I the one holding the blade to your neck?”
“Lucky shot”
“Maybe. Can I count on your help and allegiance?” I ask. There is a long pause. I listen to the soothing lullaby of the rain and the quiet mutters of the spectators.
“Fine. But I’m still in charge.”
“I wouldn’t have it any other way.” I said, forgetting the past for a brief moment and extending my hand. Hmm… so this is what it feels like to be nice… Not bad… Not good but certainly not bad.

“Are you coming?” He asked getting into the car.
“I’ll run.”
“Oh can I go to?” Violet perked up.
“Violet no!”
“What! Why?”
“Because I said so.”
“Oh yes she can.” Plague interrupted.
“Oh that’s is because?”
“Because I’m going with her”
“Fine. If you do anything Despair I’ll hunt you down.”
“As you wish. I give you my word that no harm shall come to nether Plague nor young Violet here.” I always keep my word. The car pulled away and I turned towards the buildings. Plague stood defiantly with her arms crossed. Violet on the other hand stood in a very welcoming stance, readying herself for the sprint. “Try and keep up Rosalie. I don’t want to lose you” I spark of anger fluttered in Plague’s eye.
“Don’t call me that. That girl died along time ago.” She said. I walked up to her and looked deep into her eyes.
“Oh I believe. She is very much alive.” I turned and ran. The girls following behind me…
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys I'm Alex. I write the part of Despair. Please tell me what you think, be that by private message or comments on here (preferably by comments on here:P)
comment please? and enjoy