Status: Currently on hiatus due to writer's block.

Stockholm Syndrome

I Wish I Could Explain Myself...

Juliette would be leaving us in the morning, it was decided. Until then, we would all get a decent night's sleep.

Or so we thought. Whimpering was all it could be described as. Mostly coming from Juliette, and I couldn't say where the rest was coming from.

No one could sleep. We were all worried we'd have to deliver a baby, or worse. Alanna feigned sleep not far from Juliette, but any movement would cause her to pretty much sit up.

Eventually, just as the sun was about to rise, Erin said something no one expected,

"Guys... do you know how... the windows were shot through? What happened to the bullets?"

We all turned to stare at her. Wasn't it obvious?

"Why, there's a few lodged in the counter of course. Why would you ask such a silly question?" I replied.

Erin blushed and looked down. "I was thinking that the counter wasn't the only thing hit."

Alanna's head span around extremely quickly. "Not you Erin?"

Erin shook her head back and forth extremely quickly, "No it's not. Forget I said anything." And yet there was concern in her eyes, But not for herself? Juliette perhaps? She was standing by the window when the gun shots had fired...

And than my trail of thoughts had ended up where Erin's had. Juliette would have screamed at the top of her lungs if she had been shot. But not everyone would have.

I followed Erin's eye line and found that our thoughts were indeed in the same place. On the same, abnormally pale, face. I went over and parked myself next to Erin. She hardly even noticed.

I leant into towards the girl who didn’t know the meaning of her name and muttered, "Check her left arm, definitely."