Better Than Me

He Didn't Understand

Kim's POV

I rushed to the door of my parents’ house, feeling nervous and that something was going to go wrong. I was about to ring the doorbell when I remembered I forgot something.

“Shit, I forgot their present” I turned around and ran into Zack.

“Baby, calm down”

“Calm down? I haven’t seen my parents in two years and my mother hates me”

He hugged me tight and I could smell his cologne “she hates me too and besides,” he laughed “I love you”

I pulled away and smiled “I love you too, now let me get that present” he nodded and I quickly hurried to the backseat of the car. I searched for the gift and when I found it I ran back to Zack.

“Got it”

“Good, now lets get to it shall we?” he put my hand into his.

I rang the door bell and squeezed his hand. Why did I feel so damn nervous? The door swung open and my mom’s smile fell.

“Oh, Kimberly, I didn’t think you’d come”

“W-Well I’m here mom”

“I can see that” she said with an attitude and then looked at Zack “and you brought Zachary, how lovely” she stated sarcastically.

I bit my bottom lip holding in my anger and sadness. I felt like I wanted to cry because I never felt loved by my mom. At that moment my father walked to where we were.

“Hey guys! What’s up?”

“Hey daddy” I smiled and gave him a hug, he then turned to Zack.

“I’m good dad, you ready to party?” Zack laughed.

“Hells yes, lets grab some drinks” my dad replied walking back into the house and then Zack hugged and whispered in my ear.

“Want me to stay?”

“No, go, I’ll be fine”

“Ok baby” he walked away and I was left alone with my mother.

“Well lets go where everyone else is because I think you’ll have more fun with your friends then spending time with your own mother because apparently they mean more to you then I do” she turned her back to me and went her own way.

I exhaled deeply and found my way to the backyard. As I walked onto the patio outside, I found Brian. He smiled and walked over to me.

“Hey Kim”

“Hey” I smiled weakly.

He studied my face “Your mom, huh?”

I nodded “Yeah, she’s bitching at me again”

He hugged me and pulled away to face me “like always, but for get about her, lets have some fun yeah?"

“Yeah”

He was about to say something when he was interrupted by loud screaming “KIMMY!!!”

I turned my head to the direction of the screaming and spotted my best friend running to me. She hugged me tight and I hugged her tighter, I would be nothing without her. We let go of each other and she looked at me.

“Ready to party, love?”

“Oh yes!” I laughed.

“Good because I am” she laughed “but before we begin you’re going to have to tell me what’s up”

I placed my parents’ gift on the table and looked at Lyndsey “Let’s go somewhere else”

She nodded and then looked at Brian “I’ll be right back, okay babe?”

He nodded and then looked at me “You take care of my baby now”

“Yes sir” I laughed and saluted him.

I grabbed Lyndsey’s hand and then started walking to the backyard towards the shed. It was our secret spot since high school. On our way there I saw Zack talking to and dancing with a girl. His hand was dangerously low on her back almost on her ass and I could tell he was sweet talking her by the look on her face. His hands were exploring her body and he did it as if I wasn’t even there. He was using his charm and I just hated when he did that. I looked away and kept walking to the back of the shed.

“Ok, spill it”

“Mom was being a total bitch to me and shit and I’m fucking tired of it. She makes me feel like shit and that if anything bad happens it’s all my fault” I exhaled deeply.

“Oh babe, I’m sorry, your mom is always a bitch to you and I just never figured out why. It’s like she hates to see you happy and I just want to fucking kill her for that”

“I wish” I chuckled “thanks Lynds”

“No problem” she laughed “but there’s another thing bothering you and it isn’t your mom”

I looked her in the eyes, knowing that I couldn’t lie to her “It’s Zack”

“Do I have to kick his ass for you? Because I sure as hell will, what did he do?”

“He didn’t do anything,” I bit my lip and then continued “well kind of, its just that he’s always so flirty with girls and it just bothers me. I’m not saying that he can’t be friends with any of them or talk to them but,” I shook my head “it’s like I don’t know if he’ll ever cheat on me. I know he’ll never do that but it hurts when he flirts all the time”

“Did you ever tell him how you felt?”

“No, I didn’t want to bother him with that and he’ll probably think I don’t trust him”

She hugged me again and rubbed my back “Talk to him, it will make things better and if he doesn’t understand then he doesn’t understand how he’s hurting you and he just doesn’t deserve you”

“Your right, I’ll talk to him later”

“Promise?”

“Pinky Promise”

She pulled away “Let me see that pinky of yours”

I held out my pinky “here it is”

She laughed “let’s get to partying”

“So what are you guys going to do after the party’s over?” Brian asked.

“I don’t know, depends if Zack wants to do anything”

“I think I know what that is” Lyndsey smirked.

“Oh, do you now?”

“Yes ma’am” she laughed.

“And what would that be?” I laughed.

“Well you guys ar-”

“You’re quiet a dancer Zack” I heard a female voice echo through the hall.

I looked over in the direction of the voice to find Zacky comfortably close to her, a little to close for my liking. She started playing with the buttons on his shirt and I quickly looked away. Lyndsey looked at me and then at Zack and lastly at Brian.

“I don’t think he’s getting any tonight” Brian laughed.

“Brian,” Lyndsey slapped Brian’s leg “what the hell?”

“No, he’s right” I smiled.

“Sorry Kim” Brian smiled “I didn’t mean that in a mean way, you know that right?”

I nodded “Yeah, don’t worry about it”

“We love you girl, you know that right?” Lyndsey smiled warmly.

“Of course!” I yelled.

“Good!” she yelled back playfully.

Zack walked up to us with a big smile on his face “What’s with the yelling?” he laughed.

“Nothing” Lyndsey shrugged.

He walked over to me and took me out of my seat and sat me on his lap. We were all quiet until he asked me a question, “What’s wrong baby?”

“Nothing” I smiled.

He nodded and then at Brian “Having fun?”

“Yes I am, especially with these two fine ladies”

“Aw” I laughed.

“Thank you baby” Lyndsey kissed him on the cheek.

“You ready to go home?” Zack asked me while playing with my hair.

I nodded “Yeah” I got up and hugged Lyndsey and Brian “Bye, see you guys later”

“Bye babe” Lyndsey smiled.

“Later sexy” Brian laughed.

I waved to them and quickly exited the house and went into the car. I didn’t bother saying goodbye to my parents because I didn’t want to hear another lecture.

We were on our way home when I decided it was time I spoke to him.

“Zack”

“Yeah baby”

I started playing with my fingers trying to figure out how I could explain to him how I felt, “I don’t really know how to word this but…I don’t like it when you flirt with girls the way you do”

“What you don’t trust me?” he asked in disbelief.

“No, it’s not that”

“Then what is it then? Because I’m not doing shit with other girls”

“I don’t like how you talk to them and stuff. Its like you guys want to fuck and I’m the only thing stopping you”

We pulled up to the driveway and he got out of the car and slammed the door behind him. I followed him into the house as he dropped his keys on the coffee table and turned to me.

“I would never cheat on you, damn it! I can’t believe you don’t fucking trust me! What the hell am I doing that’s bothering you so damn much?”

“Today at the party, you were dancing with this girl and oh you are quiet a dancer aren’t you? This isn’t the first time Zack! This is not the fucking first time you do this shit!”

“What the fuck ever Kim! You’re just fucking paranoid that’s all! Have you been doing shit behind my back and you’re afraid that I’m going to go with someone else? I won't fucking change what I do or who I am! I’m not hurting you, your not fucking bleeding, so what the fuck?”

“Yes you are!” I was now crying “What you do hurts me so bad and you have always done it and I don’t expect you to change! You spend more time with those whores then with me!”

“Then go ahead and spend more time with guys! I don’t give a shit!”

I tried to speak but I couldn’t say anything. Tears were flowing as he grabbed his keys and walked out the house slamming the door behind him, making the house shake. I picked up the phone and dialed Lyndseys number.

Hearing her laugh from the other side of the line “He-hello”

“Lyndsey?” my voice cracked.

“Kim, baby, what’s wrong?”

“He didn’t understand” I whispered.

“Oh baby, is he with you? Want me to come over?”

“No, he’s not and don’t, your with Brian”

“Don’t be silly, I’m coming over”

“Thank you"

“Don’t worry about it; I’ll be there in 5”

I hung up and placed the phone on the table. I slowly walked to the couch and sat in silence waiting for Lyndsey.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to everyone that subscribed!! It mean a whole lot!!
Comments are nice too!!
Hope you liked the update!
-K