Sequel: You Could Be Happy

Wilted and Faded

oh, look at my face

“Dude, I think you might wanna look at this.”

Johnny West looked up from the mixing desk and over at his good friend, Brian Schechter, who was sitting on the sofa of the studio with his laptop.

“What?” Johnny asked as he sat next to him.

Brian turned the laptop so that Johnny could read it.

‘Ruby West in Car Crash Drama’

“What the fuck?” exclaimed Johnny as he scrolled down to read the whole story.

‘West and her ever present BFF, Christian Baker, were spotted leaving L.A. hotspot Hyde at around 1.30 am this morning. Baker drove West’s black Mercedes away from the club as the notorious party girl seemed too inebriated to drive herself.

Soon after the couple departed their car was in a head-on collision with a black SUV.

Both driver and passenger were injured in the crash, Baker appearing the worst off, West was also knocked out by the inflation of her airbag. It is reported that West regained consciousness after the paramedics arrived on the scene.’


Johnny flipped open his cellphone, calling Ruby’s Sidekick and her house phone to no avail.

“I need to go to L.A.”, stated Johnny.

“Sure, dude. Do what you gotta do”, Brian nodded.

“You and the guys are welcome to stay here and carry on recording, you know the basics of the desk, right?” Johnny said as he looked around his basement studio and gathered together his cellphone and Sidekick.

“Don’t worry about us. Gerard said something about writing more material so we can work on that, and I’m sure Frank and Ray wanna play around with the guitars some more”, Brian said as he followed his friend upstairs to the large kitchen of the huge San Diego mansion.

Johnny ran his hand through his short blonde hair and looked at Brian, “If anything’s happened to Chris she’s gonna freak out.”

“I’m sure they’ll both be fine, John. And if anything does happen at least you’ll be there for her, right?”

“Yeah, I guess. Can you tell the guys what’s going on and apologise for me. I’ll be back as soon as I can.”

“No problem. You got everything you need?” Brian asked.

“I think so, cellphone, wallet, car keys, Ruby’s apartment key. I’m ready to go.”

Brian walked with him to the front door and clapped Johnny on the back, “Everything will be fine, dude.”

“I hope so.”

Brian watched as Johnny’s silver Lexus peeled out of the driveway.

There was no way this latest bout of Ruby-related drama was going to end happily.