Chin Up Love

The Feild My Life

Image

The lush green grass came up to my waste swashing past my legs leaving me slightly itchy as I walked through it. This large green paddock sat randomly near the edge of suburbia and for as long as I can remember it has been empty being used for nothing in particular. As I made my way to the one large oak tree that sat in the middle I thought about my day and how much I hated my family and my life.

Over the past month this paddock has become my safe haven the place I come to think and escape reality.

The decision I made in my life were not my decision but that of my mothers ever since I was young she chose for me well that’s not really the right words she more or less forced me. She chose my friends and my clothes she picked my hobbies and I was just force to go with it.

You see my mother’s side of the family was perfect and slightly rich. My farther on the other hand had just married into this and was much more laid back also just going along with whatever my mother did she called all the shots in my family and even after all these years she was still making all the decision for me.
I was now in my final year of high school year 12 I was still hanging out with the people my mother chose for me to whom were the snotty and popular, the other rich bitches they weren’t really my ‘friends’ but they were the people I hung around with. If it was my choice I wouldn’t have said two words to this group of people. Also my subject selection and clothing choice was still highly my mother’s doings.

I was the perfect step ford daughter doing and wearing whatever my mother wanted just to please her to try and be enough, to live up to her extreme and impossible standards. With my natural honey coloured loosely curled hair and short skirts I was the bimbo cheerleader with the jock boyfriend. I was stereotyped by people who didn’t even know the real me, the one I had lost many years ago.

Today I was laying in the field to escape my mother we had just gotten back from my Aunties house I always hated going there I hated family gathering with my mothers side of the family they were so rude and brutally confronting. My dad’s side on the other hand I loved meeting up with they were fun and laid back and my mother hated it which made it 10 times better.

My lovely Aunty spent the best part of the day bragging about my cousin, how well she was doing in school, how she got herself a good job and she had a lovely boyfriend who she loved and all this shit. My cousin was 4 months younger then me but had everyone wrapped around her little finger.

Me on the other hand I was never quite good enough
“Why don’t you go get yourself a nice boy hey Lacey?” my grandmother asked

I ignored her question and took off, I did have a boyfriend not one that I loved and I was sure he was cheating on me but oh well to be honest I didn’t care. I also along with my cousin had good grades not excellent ones but very close to excellent. I went to sit by the edge of the pool where my 4 year old brother played with my cousin’s dog if I was going to do one thing of my own choice it was to make sure that my brother was truly happy and doing what he wanted I wasn’t going to let my mother do the same thing to him as she did to me.

I was snapped out of my daze by something hard and heavy pressing into my leg
“Jesus fuck” I exclaimed opening my eyes to see what it was
“Jesus what the fuck are you doing laying here?” another voice retorted but I was unable to see who it was at first as the sun shone fiercely in my eyes I quickly sat up to come face to face with the person who stepped on me. I should have known who it was the charming English accent gave it away Oliver Sykes had moved from England 4 years ago but still retained his charming accent.

You see Oliver Sykes was not someone I would mix with no not at all even though we lived in little old suburbia there was still a upper and lower side to the town I on one hand lived on the upper Oliver living on the lower. Not to mention his already numerous tattoos and facial piercing my god if any of my ‘friends’ saw me even talking to him I would be disowned (maybe that was a good thing).
But in all honesty Oliver Sykes was just the kind of person I would love to hang out with if I had gotten the chance to chose my friends and be the real me. And truly I was a little turned on by his whole bad boy, dirty sweet talking attitude not to mention his looks.

“Watch where you’re walking” I yelled holding onto my leg that he stepped on
“Yea coz normal people lay in the middle of fields” he chuckled
“Well what are you doing here” I retorted standing up and realizing how close we actually were standing to each other
“Yea that’s what I thought” I breathed the words seductively and leaning in a little more, my head reached just past his chin. Before turning on my heel and leaving him standing in the field alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys so my new story is finally up
i hope you all like it let me know what you think
leave comments show much apprecitaed support
<3 Dani