It's Our Time to Shine

An Unexpected Surprise.

”Thank you so much for dinner, Mrs. McCracken – the French toasts were delicious”, Jepha smiled, putting his knife and fork on his plate in front of him.
“Yeah, really good”, Dan agreed.
“You are very welcome, boys”, she responded before she began cleaning the table, for then to carry the plates into the kitchen.
Again, we weren’t allowed to help her. Mrs. McCracken would take care of it like a proper housewife should.

The guys and I were all sitting in the main sofa group in the living room, chit-chatting about everything and nothing.
“Totally. Osaka is one of my favorite places. It’s a beautiful city and I can’t wait to go there again”, Jepha said as his eyes were sparkling.
“What – what did you say? Osaka? Osaka as in Japan?”, I asked, eagerly wanting to know what he was talking about.
“Yeah, Japan. We’re leaving tomorrow.”

My jaw dropped. Not in a million years had I expected that.
“Are you serious?”
“Yeah”, he grinned. “Bert – haven’t you told her?”
Jepha looked over at Bert who was sitting next to me in the sofa with his arm around my neck.
“Me? No. I thought everyone knew”, he answered, having the same face expression as all of us; confused.

“Well, apparently not. Fuck, Bert, how could you forget to tell her?”, Quinn asked from the other sofa.
“Sorry. I just thought everyone knew.”
“It’s okay”, I added, putting my hand on his knee. “I mean, it’s Japan!”
“Haha, fuck, yeah. It’s awesome over there, trust me. We toured there a couple of years ago and it was just fuckin´ magical. The people are great, the surroundings are beautiful and just the whole atmosphere is amazing”, Bert explained.
“Don’t forget about the food! Or the tea!”, Jepha suddenly burst out before continuing, now turning his head against me.
“The sushi and the green tea rock! Fuck, we gotta go to that tea park again where they grow tea plants. I was there the last time we were there. I gotta take you there!”

“Sure, I’d love to go with you. Do we get free samples of the tea?”, I smiled.
“Of course. I think we can make that happen.”
“Great! When are we actually leaving tomorrow?”
“In the morning, like, really early. So we only have today to chill. Oh, that reminds me – do we got any plans for today? I was thinking we could go rollerblading?”, Jepha suggested with raised eyebrows.
“Yeah, sounds great”, Quinn agreed, later followed by Dan’s nod.
“What about you guys?”

“Uhm, yeah. Ehh, I don’t know. Me and Lina were gonna do some laundry today, so…”, Bert mumbled while scratching the back of his neck, obviously hesitating.
“You fuckin´ kidding me?”, Quinn laughed as he was looking at him.
“No. I have no more clean clothes and neither does Lina, so we’re gonna do some laundry.”
Quinn’s and the other guys’ jaws had dropped and they were now looking at me and Bert, wondering what the hell we were thinking of.

“But, Bert…”, Quinn then began before taking a pause. “You haven’t done your own laundry since Kate-”
“Enough!”, Bert suddenly burst out, making me jump. “No here, not now, not in front of her.”
“Sorry, dude. I’m really sorry.”
I could hear Quinn almost having a lump in his throat as he swallowed..
“It doesn’t matter. I’m still gonna do laundry with Lina. You guys can do whatever you like. So, babe – wanna get started?”

“Uhh, yeah”, I answered. I was confused.
What was all this about Kate again?
I still hadn’t gotten an answer on who she was.
And why did Bert avoid talking about her…?
♠ ♠ ♠
i am so sorry, guys!
it's been so long since i updated.
and i'm so sorry about that. ;_;
and as far as this update goes;
i know i's short, but i'll make it up again. :]
but over to something kinda cool. [maybe]
IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TODAY! ;D
i'm turning 19 which is kinda unreal for me.
well, being 19 means that it's only 7 years between me and bert.
ahaha, that makes me excited for some weird reason. xD
i hope you'll enjoy the update.
and i'll write an ever longen one next time. (:
oh, and before i forget; it's my graduation prom tomorrow.
wish me luck, okay? ;]

xo,
lina.