It's Our Time to Shine

Close and Personal For the First Time.

“This place is huge”, Bert said, looking around in the airport’s enormous terminal as we were walking. “They must’ve re-done it since last time I was here.”
“When was that?”, I asked, sensing my hand getting sweaty from holding his.
In a way, I kind of liked it.
“I think it was back in 2004. We were on tour here then.”
“Oh, I see.”
“Man, I can’t wait to take you out tonight”, he then said, before letting go of my hand and putting his arm on my shoulder where he pushed me closer to him.

“Are you taking me out?”
I had an unknown teasing in my voice.
“Yeah. I mean, if you want to?”
“Of course”, I smiled, looking into his eyes which were only 5 inches away from my face.

It wasn’t until then I realized that we were at about the same height.

“Great!”, Bert said, tucking me in his chest as we kept on walking down the terminal.
The scent of his cologne along with the smell of his hair was reassuring and I could honestly say that Bert knew exactly how to make me feel that way.
He was the only one too.

“There are the other guys”, he said, immediately making me pull away from him and letting go of his hand.
He gave me a confused look, giving me the impression that he wasn’t sure what was going on, before he blew it off with a smile.

“Hey, there you are!”, Quinn exclaimed, standing next to the baggage belt. “We were just talking about yoo guys. They announced on the speaker that our luggage’s runnin´ a little late, but that was a while ago, so I guess it’s coming soon.”
“Yeah, that’s good”, Bert replied before gazing over at me.
“Where were you at, by the way?”
“What?”
“Where were you guys?”, Quinn repeated, shaking his head at Bert with a smile.

“Oh! Uhm, yeah, we just got somethin´ to drink at this bar.”
“Drink?”, Jepha asked.
“Coke, dude. Just Coke”, Bert smiled.
“Good, ‘cause I’m gonna get you guys loaded enough tonight without you already startin´ now”, he grinned.

“Awesome! Where are we goin´?”, Quinn added.
“Rock Rock Bar. It’s the bar we went to the last time we were here. I’ve been there many times after that and it’s just a kickass bar.”
“Oh, yeah – I remember.”

“Hey, guys!”, Dan suddenly said. “The baggage belt’s startin´ to move now. I think we’re gettin´ our luggage now.”
“Awesome, dude”, Jepha replied before high-fiving him.

And Dan was right; before we knew it, the baggage belt started to work and several bags, backpacks and other luggage were now being shown.
Other people were also gathering around, each and every one of them waiting for their own luggage to show up.

“Ah, there’s my bag”, Bert said, stretching out to grab his marine blue sports bag.
“And mine’s over there”, I added, seeing my red big bag coming closer and closer to where we were standing.
“I’ll help you”, he smiled, getting ready to grab my bag off of the belt.
“You don’t have to.”
“But I wanna”, he insisted, now grabbing my bag before placing it on the floor next to me.
“Thank you,” I blushed.
“No problem.”

The other guys had also gotten their luggage and we were now standing there with piles of heavy bags.

“Hey, what about gettin´ some trolleys?”, Quinn suggested, getting agreeable nods from Dan as they both went to find some.
“So”, Jepha began. “What took you guys so long?”
“We… Uhm, just took a couple of Cokes at a bar and sat down at a table there to talk. Nothin´ more. What about it?”, Bert asked.
“Just wondering. It took you guys a really long time, that’s all.”
“Oh, yeah. Well, Lina was just showin´ me how to mix peanuts with Coke”, he grinned.
“For real?”

Jepha didn’t sound too excited about the idea as he was wrinkling his nose.

“Yeah, for real. She drank it too!”, Bert giggled, but before anyone of us could say anything more, we heard Quinn shouting from across the terminal.

“Do any of you guys have any quarters on you? We need it for the trolleys!”
“Yeah, comin´”, Bert responded, leaving me and Jepha alone with the luggage.

“You and Bert seem to be gettin´ along pretty good, huh?”
“What? Sorry, I didn’t hear you…”, I said, looking at Jepha with a confused look upon my face.
“You n’ Bert”, he laughed. “You guys seem to be gettin´ along pretty well?”
“Oh, yeah! Well, he’s a nice guy.”
I really had no idea what to answer.

“Is there anything else goin´ on, then?”, Jepha asked, now having this smirk that made me smile.
“What do you mean?”
He knew the answer to his question and I knew what he was talking about.
For all I cared, he’d have to drag the answer out of me.
I wasn’t going to say a thing as I stood there smiling, pretending to be clueless.

“I mean, you and Bert have become, like, really close. Is there anything more behind it?”
“I don’t know. And as far as I’m concerned, I’m pretty sure he doesn’t know, either. All I do know is that we’re all just friends for now, right?”, I concluded, sugar-coating it with a smile.
“Oh, come on!”, Jepha said, before wrapping his arms around me and giving me a huge hug, making me laugh as he squeezed me tight against his body.
Of course we’re friends, weirdo! We’re more than friends, we’re… Dude, I have no idea, but we’re more than just friends. We’ve been on the road together for months now and I think that means we’re way pass the friend stadium”, he laughed.

I just laughed along with him. He was, after all, right.
I wanted to say that we were, if I even could say that, best friends, but I kept quiet.

“Oh, look – the other guys are here.”
“Hey, we’re back”, Quinn said.
“With the trolleyyys”, Dan grinned in an effort of trying to sound humoristic.
He didn’t fail as he made me smile.

“Okay, so we better get our luggage and get goin´. I just saw a couple of cabs outside at the entrance over there”, Bert added, pushing a trolley towards our pile of bags.
“Hey, Lina – put your backpack and bag on my trolley”, he then said smiling.
“Okay”, I responded, doing as he said as the other guys filled the two our trolleys with their luggage.

As all of the three trolleys were filled, we started walking towards the main entrance down at the rear end of the terminal.

“Do you wanna push it?”, Bert asked, looking at me with a curious look, meaning the trolley.
“Okay”, I smiled, trying to choke a giggle.
I felt like a child then, pushing the trolley down the terminal.
It didn’t matter as he was pushing it with one hand himself.

“Hey, what’s up with you guys?”, Quinn asked, looking at me and Bert with a grin on his face.
“What?”, Bert asked confused.
“I think the trolley can be handled by just one person.”
“Nah. Lina and I are so fuckin´ retarded, so we need to co-operate on leading it in the right direction.”

Quinn shook his head while rolling his eyes with a smile at Bert’s answer as we kept on walking down the almost endless terminal.

“So, you think I’m retarded, huh?”, I asked Bert with a shy smile.
“Well, I included myself, didn’t I? Besides, I’d rather be retarded than normal, right?”
“Suuure.”

He looked at me, taking my hand unnoticeably before we headed out of the airport’s terminal and outside the crowded area.
The Japanese summer breeze hit me in the face as we got out, playing with my hair and making me peer.
This, combined with Bert’s soft hand holding mine, gave me goose bumps all over my body.
The joy that I now was feeling made me start to shiver slightly.
Not because of the cold, but because of the excitement.
Still, I wasn’t able to hide the fact that I was shivering.

“Are you cold?”, Bert asked.
“No, not at all”, I smiled.
“Come on – you’re shivering!”

And before I knew it, he wrapped his arms around me, pushing me gently against his body into a warm hug, feeling his heat warming me.
He hugged me from one side to another, resting his head on my right shoulder while I felt his hair tickling my cheek.
At that moment, I felt like Bert really knew how to make me smile…
♠ ♠ ♠
rofl, rofl, rofl, kinda cheesy update, but whatever. ;D
thank god all of my mid-terms are over now.
i 'only' have my final exams in... holy shit, THREE WEEKS. DDD:
okay, now i'm scared. o_o

xo,
lina.