It's Our Time to Shine

I Didn't Even Scream.

As we were heading back to the hotel, I began craving for something to eat.
Not food, but snacks, as I remembered it had actually been a while since I last ate.

“Should we maybe stop by a store and get some snacks for the movies tonight?”, I asked shyly.
“Nah, we’ll hit the mini bar and then call room service, anyway”, Bert replied with a smile, placing his arm around my waist, before we crossed the street and entered The Four Seasons Hotel.

“Hey, wanna order from the room service right away? I’m hungry as hell!”, Jepha said.
“Yeah, sure. Good idea.”
“I’m feelin´ for pizza tonight. Any chance they deliver that up to our suite?”, Dan asked with a question mark on his face.
“I don’t know. I’ll check with the reception – I bet they know something”, Quinn replied before heading towards the large reception at the corner of the ridiculously large lobby.

“Good evening, Sir! What can I do to help you?”, a Japanese receptionist asked politely.
“Uhm, yeah – can we order pizza to the hotel, but ask if they can bring it up to our suite?”
“Certainly. May I please have your hotel number and one of our piccolos will bring it up to you. Would you like The Four Seasons’ pizza or from a nearby restaurant?”
“Whaddaya say, guys – hotel or restaurant pizza?”, Quinn asked, waiting for our replies.
“Restaurant”, we all agreed on.
“Very well”, the receptionist said. “Can I recommend any pizza restaurants?”
“Yeah, sure. That’d be nice.”

The receptionist mentioned various names of possible pizza restaurants that we could order from, and we ended up with one called ‘Gong Lee’.

“Excellent choice”, he smiled. “In fact, here is the actual menu from the restaurant. Let me know once you have made up your minds, and if you want me to, I can call ‘Gong Lee’ and order your request.”
“Yeah, thank you so much. Awesome”, Quinn said before we began looking at the menu to try and find out which pizzas we wanted.

“How many pizzas do we want, by the way?”, Jepha suddenly asked.
“Dude, I have no idea.”
“As long as it’s pepperoni on one of ‘em, I’m good”, Dan added, followed by my nod.
“I want lots of meat on one pizza. And steak. Oh, and lots of spice!”, Bert said with an excited voice.
“Okay, so we’re basically all in for meat? I’ll order a veggie pizza. Quinn?”
“Yeah, sure thing, dude”, he nodded, looking at Jepha as the receptionist was aware of the fact that we had made up our minds as far as the pizzas went.

“Have you chosen your order, Sir?”, he asked with a smile.
“Yeah, we have.”
“May I have the pizza’s number and I will order them right over the telephone.”
“There are three pizzas, actually. Uhm, number 3, 11 and 17”, Jepha said, handing the receptionist the pizza menu.
“One of each, yes?”
“Yeah.”
“And make number 17 extra spicy”, Bert added with a grin.
“Very well, Sir. If you could please write down the number to your hotel room and I will have the pizzas sent up to you within approximately 20 minutes”, the receptionist smiled, making Jepha write down the number to our suite.

“Would you by any chance care for something to drink with the pizza?”, he then asked.
“Uhm, do we, guys?”
“3 large bottles of Coke”, Jepha said.
“… And 1 Diet”, I whispered almost unnoticeably, but enough to make him hear me.
“Yeah, and 1 Diet Coke”, he grinned.
“Very well”, the receptionist responded, smiling as he picked up the phone and placed in the order. “I will make sure that the delivery is sent up to your suite as soon as it arrives the hotel.”
“Awesome. Thank you so much!”, Jepha smiled, before we headed into the elevator and up to the 6th floor.

“You got the movies, right?”, Quinn asked, looking at Bert with an unsure look upon his face.
“Yeah. Chill, dude – I got ‘em right here.”
“Good.”
“Fuck, I can’t wait to see them. This night is gonna rock!”, Dan said, smiling his ears off as we reached our floor.

As soon as we entered our suite, Bert immediately kicked off his shoes and crashed in the sofa in front of the giant LCD screen.

“Shotgun on one of the recliners!”, Jepha burst out, before Dan and he claimed them and sat down.
“Lina, come sit next to me”, Bert encouraged, looking at me with a smile before he lit a cigarette.
“Dude. Where am I suppose to sit?”, Quinn asked with a resigned face expression.
“You can sit here, there’s enough space for the both of us”, I said low-voiced, patting gently on the space next to me in the sofa.
“Oh, thanks!”

“Hey, wanna put on one of the movies now? It’s still a while until the pizzas show up, anyway”, Dan suggested from the recliner.
“Yeah, good idea. It’ll keep us preoccupied.”
“Jeph, go put on a movie”, Bert commanded.
“Fuck you, dude”, he responded, making Bert giggle like a little school girl. “Why do I have to do it, anyway?”
“’Cause you’re the closest one to the TV.”
“Ah, man!”, Jepha said, getting up from the recliner and inserting one of the movies into the TV’s DVD player. “And don’t hate me if you don’t like the order of the movies ‘cause I don’t know which one I put in.”

As he inserted the movie, he grabbed the remote controller and crashed down in the recliner again.
The movie began loading and on the TV screen, we could see that the first movie of the night was ‘Friday 13th: Part III’.
Before we knew it, Jepha had already chosen the ‘Play movie’ mode.

“Jason Voorhees, here we come!”
“Fuck, I’ve forgotten how that movie goes”, Quinn added.
“Well, to put it this way, it doesn’t end very well”, Dan grinned, laughing as he ruffled his hair a little bit for then to focus on the screen.

I discretely snuggled up to Bert who was sitting to my right at the end of the sofa, now feeling him wrapping his arm around me as he sighed.
While I gently rested my head on his shoulder, the smell of his natural scent made me feel both safe and calm.

“Is there a blanket or something around here?”, Quinn suddenly asked with flickering eyes.
“Why do you need that – it’s not cold in here”, Jepha responded.
“I just want one right now. So do we have one?”
“Are you scared?”, Bert asked with a smirk on his face.
“… No. I’m just, uhm, cold.”
“Come one, don’t be mean, guys. I saw a blanket over there, Quinn. Wait, I’ll go get it for you”, I smiled, before getting up from the sofa and fetching it.
“Thanks, cutie”, he replied, giving me a smile before he tucked himself in with the blanket.

Cold or not, Quinn was adorable as he now was burying himself in the blanket, pulling it up to his chin and having his feet in the sofa.

The movie ‘Friday 13th’, which we all were watching now, had been on for about a quarter of an hour, and Jason Voorhees, the crazy maniac killer, had already slaughtered a numerous amount of people.
Even though I had watched that movie several times before, it never failed to scare the living daylight out of me each time.
I kept burying my head in Bert’s shoulder giggling as he had o put his arm around me every time I jumped.

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

“What was that?! He’s coming! Jason’s coming!”, Quinn suddenly screamed, now hiding under the blanket in the sofa, making all of the guys burst into laughter.
I on the other hand, only became more frightened.

“Geez, calm down, dude. It’s probably just the pizzas”, Jepha said, trying not to laugh too hard as he now got up from the recliner and went to open the door.

Even though the movie itself wasn’t all that frightening, Quinn’s screaming did as I now felt my heart pounding at the speed of a runaway train, almost jumping out of my chest.
My eyes weren’t any better as they were bulging and I was short-breathed, obviously not sounding too good.

“Babe, are you okay?”, Bert asked, looking at me with a sweet smile.
“Uhm…”
“Hey…”, he giggled, imprinting a soft kiss on my forehead.
“Yeah”, I finally answered. “I’m okay. Just a little bit intense there for a while.”
“You don’t say”, he then said, leaning back in the sofa with a grin on his face and with his arm around my shoulder…
♠ ♠ ♠
okay, so i dont know if all of you have read the prequel to "It's Our Time To Shine",
but just so you know, its title it "The Biggest Fan".
you dont necessarily have to read that to understand this story, but it makes this sequel more credible.
anyway, today its precisely one year since i first posted the "The Biggest Fan"!
and see - i posted this chapter exactly 1 year and 1 minute after "The Biggest Fan".
ive got skillz, ahaha. ;D
but, whoa; time really flies by. (:
so because of that, ive started on another story!
i was thinking of posting the first chapter today, but you know me; i like to torture you guys.
so therefore, youll have to wait til september 1st, moahaha!
but i can give you the title of the story; Maybe Memories.
and, yes; that story is also the used related.
go figure, huh? ;D

oh, and btw; i started high school this week.
and you know what? i love it!
most of the people in my classes are in their mid-20s or so, though.
oh, and theres a couple of 30-year-olds and 40-year-olds too.
lol, i feel like an infant.
but my professors are amazing, so its okay. (:

and this update, guys?
i want feedback. ;D

xo,
lina.