It's Our Time to Shine

Out Walking the Streets.

“This is nice, huh – just the two of us?”, Bert said, smiling at me in the sofa.
“Yeah, it is. It’s so quiet here.”
“For a change”, he laughed, pulling me closer to him as he smelled my hair. “Hey, wanna share those strawberries and the whipped cream now?”
“Sure, why not”, I smiled, feeling the sudden urge for something sweet to taste.

He got up from the sofa and walked over to the room service trolley, taking the white porcelain bowl which was full of fresh bright red strawberries along with another bowl with whipped cream, before coming back.

“Oh, look – the movie’s over”, I said, suddenly realizing that “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Movie” now had ended and that the credits were rolling on the TV screen.
“What a shame…”, Bert replied, giving me a very suspicious smile as he took a strawberry, dipped it in the whipped cream and took a bite.
I just looked at him, eagerly waiting for him to do something about the movie.

“Let’s find something else, okay? I bet there’s a decent show on TV now”, he said, grabbing the remote control before pressing the ‘stop’ button to stop the DVD player, and then switched over to ‘TV mode’.

There wasn’t a lot to watch on the TV except for Japanese shopping guides and the many cultural events you just had to see while being in Japan.
To sum it up; pretty much nothing was worth watching there and then.
Then suddenly, as Bert kept zapping through the many TV channels, we came across a channel that immediately caught his attention.

“Oh, porn!”, he exclaimed.
I gasped, not really being prepared for what I just saw and heard.
The moans and sighs from the TV was filling my ears as I turned away.
I looked up at Bert, seeing him being completely fixated on the screen while having a huge grin on his face.

“Really, Bert, really?”
“You’ve watched porn before, right?”
“Yeah, sure. When I was alone. Watching it with you now would just be weird”, I responded, not being able to hold back a smile.
“Sure, okay. If that’s what you want to, I’ll just change the channel”, he said, switching over to some romantic Japanese movie. “That’s the best I can do now.”
“Works for me”, I smiled, grabbing a strawberry and dipping it into the bowl of whipped cream, before taking a bite.

“Hey, give me some too.”
“What – strawberries?”
“Yeah”, Bert said, opening his mouth while hinting for me to feed him with my strawberry.
“Here”, I giggled, putting the last of my strawberry in his mouth before feeling his arms wrapping themselves around me as the warmth of his body was warming mine.
After a while with watching the romantic Japanese movie, I was beginning to feel tired.

“What’s the time?”
“Close to 3 am.”
“Oh…”
“Wanna go to bed?”, Bert asked, looking down to where I was leaning on his chest, barely able to keep myself awake.
“Yeah, I think so. Hey, are we gonna clean up after us? I mean, with the trolley and everything?”
“Nah, the room cleaning will take care of that. Besides, Quinn loves cleaning shit, so he’ll probably have this whole suite cleaned up by tomorrow morning”, he laughed, getting up from the sofa.
I walked towards the door to my bedroom, ignoring the fact that I needed to brush my teeth, yawning while longing for the bed.

“Hey…”
I turned over to Bert, seeing him standing by the sofa with a childish look upon his face.
“Okay, come on”, I laughed, well knowing that he wanted me to invite him to bed.
“I’ll hit the lights meanwhile, so you can just go to bed”, he said, making me enter my bedroom as he began switching off the lights in the suite.

The bedroom was soothingly cool, and even though it was pitch black inside, the Japanese skyline along with the street lights outside were shining, making the room just bright enough for me to fumble my way to the nightstand and switch the lights on there.
While standing next to the king-size bed, I quickly took off my pants and dropped them on the floor.
Without knowing why, I felt a sudden urge to look outside the window as I now pulled the curtains away and gazed out at the skyline and the thousands of lights in the streets that almost seemed to glorify the scenery.

“Mind-blowing, huh?”, a gentle voice said behind me, seeing it was Bert as he put his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him.
“Yeah, it really is…”, I replied sighing, getting goose bumps that gave me shivers that went all the way down to my spine just by looking at the beautiful scenery.

He looked at me, staring me straight in the eyes with his crystal blues, before pulling me closer to him, now making our lips meet.
Softly, our lips became one, and our tongues twirled inside in each other’s mouth.
While Bert held me close in his arms, he slowly began moving from one side to another, almost as if he was rocking me to sleep, as we with small steps crossed the room from the window.
His kisses were intoxicating; with every touch of his lips on mine, I was met with a tingling I had never experienced before.
It was a drug, and I was high.

Suddenly, with a soft fall, I landed in the king-size bed on my back with Bert carefully placed over me.
We laughed when our eyes met as he rolled over to my right side while we looked at each other with curious smiles.

“I love you”, I whispered almost unnoticeably, brushing some of his long blonde hair away from my face.
“I love you more”, he responded, wrapping his arms around me while pulling me closer to him.

As we lay there in bed, I could hear the stabile beatings of Bert’s heart quietly coming from his chest where I was resting my head.
While moving my hand up to place it on his chest, I accidentally brushed his crotch, noticing that he was excited.
I knew he was doing his best to hold back, but as much as I wanted to do something about it, I just couldn’t.
I wasn’t ready, and he knew that.

“I’m sorry”, I said low-voiced, looking up at him with an apologetic look.
“It’s okay, babe. Don’t apologize. You wanna go to sleep now?”, he smiled, playing with my hair while waiting for me to reply.
“Maybe…”
“What maybe – aren’t you tired?”
“Not really. I’ve lost track of time, so I’m not tired at all”, I giggled while stroking his hand. “Hey”, I continued. “Why don’t we head outside for a walk?”
The far-away distant sounds coming from the traffic outside was starting to tempt me, and I began feeling restless.

“Seriously? That would be rad!”, Bert said before he got up from bed.
“Yeah, when I can’t fall asleep at nights, which is often, I kinda just head outside for a while, and then come back inside, feeling more sleepy than ever”, I explained.
“Totally, I get you. I used to do that sometimes myself”, he smiled, putting on a hoodie as I now saw him being fully dressed and standing next to the door which I followed him to.

“Hey, babe, what about puttin´ on some clothes? As much as I like seeing you walking around half-naked like this, I wouldn’t like the entire city of Osaka to do the same”, Bert then grinned.
“Oh! Oh, yeah, I forgot”, I said blushing, now realizing I’d forgot to put on my pants before I heading into my bedroom and put them on. “There, I’m all set. Let’s go! And, hey, bring your cigarettes with you too, okay?”

I smiled, looking at Bert as we left the suite and I saw him shaking his head with a grin on his face while putting his cigarettes in his pocket.
He put his arm around my shoulders as we headed down the hallway and took the elevator down to the lobby.

“You don’t think the guys will notice we’re out, right?”, he asked.
“No. I bet they’re all fast asleep by now. It’s already past 3 am, so I wouldn’t worry about that. Besides, I think they can manage just fine without us.”
I was met by Bert’s smile before we headed outside the Four Seasons Hotel.
Outside, there wasn’t a lot of traffic as I would’ve expected it to be, but there were still a few cars along with some pedestrians in the streets.

“Where do we wanna go?”
“I have no idea. Let’s just walk. If we get lost, we’ll ask our way back to the hotel”, I smiled, taking his warm hand before we began walking down the street.
“Oh, look – a market!”, Bert exclaimed, making us walk towards the countless booths that were placed around the area there.
“Babe, check out all that food”, he continued, meaning all the food booths that contained Japanese food.
Everything from sushi to bugs was represented; all being prepared at the booths.
“Good thing I brought cash. We gotta taste this shit!”
“Eat now?”, I asked surprised.
“Hell, yeah. Screw the fact that we ate pizza earlier. We’re only gonna be here until tomorrow, anyway. We’re leaving for Tokyo then, so we gotta enjoy Osaka the best we can. Let’s make the best of it, right?”
“Always”, I smiled, looking at Bert before he put his arm around my shoulders as we began walking around the market, feeling nothing but a sense of serenity…
♠ ♠ ♠
man, university is really taking up my time.
i am so sorry i haven't updated as much as i've wanted to.
but hopefully, you'll like this update. (:

also, on sept. 23rd, i saw the used again, people! :'D
you can read all about the concert on my journal entry.
btw, i i wanna congratulate my bestfriend malin with her birthday yesterday.
if you guys remember, she's mentioned in this story in previous chapters. ;D
i love you, bestfriend! <3

xo,
lina.