Status: complete :)

Giving In

20

Chapter 20

It was close to midnight when I took a shower and decided to go to bed.

I felt Jasper walking in back of me. In front of my door, I turned and faced him.

“You know, just because I have to sleep for about eight hours a day, doesn’t mean you have to pretend and come lie down with me. Just go and do whatever you would do at this time,” I tell him with a smile. I felt bad, but I needed this; alone time.

He sighs and finally says, “Fine, but are you even sure your okay with being alone?”

I nodded, though I knew I wouldn’t.

I walk into the dark bedroom and closed the door. Jasper decided to go into the study.

It wasn’t that, since the baby vision, I was afraid to be in a room with him alone with a bed. I felt stupid but tonight I was going to try and communicate with the person or thing that did this to me today. And I had to do it alone.

I sit down on my bed and cross my legs. I try to get comfortable as possible and close my eyes and tried to relax.

I whispered softly, “Are you here?”

I felt a bit of wind whirl around me.

“You’re here aren’t you,” I say.

There wasn’t any answer so I asked, “What do you want with me?”

I went cold as a voice said, “Not…now…”

I nodded and decided to try again tomorrow night. I closed my eyes and instantly fell asleep.

--

“Pree, wake up!” I hear my best friend, Harley yell.

“What…” I mumbled.

“I have a little something for you,” She drags me out of bed.

I walk into the living room and see a gift box on the counter.

“What’s this?” I ask, holding it.
“I know Christmas is next week but I wont be here. Curtis and I are going away for a while. I don’t know when we’ll be back. We have some business to take care of,” She explains.

She adds with a smile, “Open it.”

I rip it open and it’s a beautiful gold necklace. On it was a red diamond heart.

“Oh…Harley, I love it. Thank you so much,” I hug her tightly.

“It protects you, so bring it everywhere you go,” She says.

I just nod and look at it. She helps me put it on and hugs me goodbye.

“I’ll miss you,” I say as she steps out the door.

She looks at me and gives a sad smile, and then I know. She knew something and wasn’t telling me. Maybe she wasn’t going to be back. Or maybe she was but I know it’s going to be a while until I see her again.

“See you soon, Harley?” I feel weak.

She ignores that.

“I’ll miss you too,” With that she sadly and slowly goes to the car. I wave at Curtis who was in the drivers seat and he smiles at me.

I close the door and walk into the kitchen.
“She thinks she has no purpose here anymore,” Edward says quietly.

“But, she will come back wont she?” I ask, on the verge of tears.

He looks down and calmly says, “She has no plans of it.”

I look at him in disbelief. “That’s not true. She will come back, were best friends.”

“I read her mind, she doesn’t think its safe here anymore for her or Curtis,” He goes towards me.

“No, you don’t know what your talking about,” I yell.

He sighs, “I do know. She was telling me from her mind. She didn’t want to be the one to tell you. It would’ve changed her mind completely, to see you like this.”

“No!” I cry.

“What’s going on?” Jasper comes in and asks, the rest of the family is with him.

I could smell animal blood on them.

I didn’t want this anymore.

I ran out.

Jasper was following me. I didn’t need this. I don’t want this…

I stop running.

“Stop following me,” I yell at him.

“Pree, tell me what’s wrong,” He says calmly.

“No! it doesn’t matter to you,” I’m still yelling.

“Pree,”

And then I feel more relaxed and I didn’t feel like yelling anymore.

“What,” I look down.

He lifts my chin up and he starts getting blurry. He wipes my tears and kisses me.

“I love you,” He simply says.

I didn’t know what to say. I start crying.
But, before I knew it, I told him that I loved him too.

“There’s something wrong with me. I don’t know what it is,” I explain to him.

He sets me down on a rock and rubs my shoulders. He says, “We’re going to figure this out.”

I touch my necklace and play with it. “Harley left.”

“She’ll be back,” He assures me.

“No,” and I explain.

“Pree, she did it for a reason. You know that she didn’t want to do it,” Jasper takes my hand from my necklace.

He kisses the back of my hand and then my forehead.

“Let’s go back,” He takes my hand and leads me back to the house.

I feel weak, so I let him carry me on his back for the first time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, its been a while. I was really unsure of posting this chapter, i don't really like it. I was going to give up on my story but this is for my readers, and i am going to finish this, i promise. Anyways, I feel that Harley doesn't have a purpose to be in the story atm, because of whats going to happen next. But before it ends (which is really really soon!) she might make an appearance again. Thanks for subscribing and remember, constructive criticism is very welcomed here :D so, are there any comments?

ps; yeah i changed the tittle name; it was Never Shout Never but i felt it didn't really fit this story.