Status: complete :)

Giving In

21

“We want you back home,” I hear my mother say over the phone.

She adds, “For the holidays. Pree, Christmas is only three days away.”

I didn’t know what to say. Sure, I did miss my mother and father but I didn’t know if I was ready to come back.

“I don’t know if I will come back,” I try to say with no emotion but my trembling voice gives my sadness away.

“What are you talking about? We had our time away from you to think about everything, and we accept how you are. We miss you,” She is crying now.

I let a few tears slip by. I assure her, “Mom, I miss you too and I’m not sure if I had my time yet.”

“Pree, you have to come back. You’re only seventeen and your next birthday isn’t soon-” She starts to say.

I cut her off, “I am going to be eighteen soon.”

She sighs, “Yeah, because August is so soon to December. Pree, that’s about nine months away.”

I can hear her pacing around the kitchen. I imagine me being there with her. We would be baking right about now. But I realize, I am not normal anymore.

“It doesn’t matter, basically I can take care of myself,” I almost give in.

“Please, for your father and I,” She cried.

“I’ll come home Christmas morning and stay overnight but I am leaving the next day,” I tell her. I finally give in, but I realized how much I love my parents. They were good parents who raised me well.

My mom happily sighs, “Okay Pree, see you then!”
“Bye, I love you,” I smile into the phone.

She isn‘t crying anymore, “I love you, too.”

---
When I got off the phone with my mother, I decided to take a small nap.

That’s when the thing came to me again.

I was in a dark room and felt it all around me. I felt as if I couldn’t breathe. When I finally saw it. Well now I knew it was a man. I was frozen in my spot.

I wanted to scream, but I couldn’t. I was getting sucked in a dark unknown abyss. I tried to move. And as I said, I couldn’t.

“You think your better than all of us, do you?” The man asked.

He grips my arm, “I want to see you fight, your own battles, this time.”
I am frightened.

He yells, “God dammit! Open your fucking eyes!”

I open my eyes and it’s a white room. However, there were darkness at the corners. I look at the man to see that I knew him.

It was Dimitri.

“What the-?” He punches me square in the face and I am on the ground.

“Come on, our last fight wasn’t fair. Get up and fight me you coward,” He grabs my hair and bangs my face into the wall.

I am on the floor again. Confused, I try to get up but he kicks my stomach and I fall again.

“Look around, there are no vampires here,” He laughs.

What was this place? Where was I? I have never been so scared in my life.

“What’s the matter, Pree?” He grabs my arm and swings me around and pushes me against the wall.

“Why wont you fight back?” Holding an arm behind my back.

He whispers in my ear, “We could’ve been together by now.”

“I hate you,” I scream and bang my foot on his. I turn around and kneed him in the crotch and ran around, trying to find a way out of here.

“I thought you were dead,” I say, still trying to find a way out.

Holding ‘himself’, “Our kiss we shared minutes before saved me, but brought me back better, stronger than anything.”
I remembered when he kissed me, I felt that lingering on my lips.

“How do I get out of here?” I asked him.

“Well your friends are with you now, so right about no-” He is cut off by me waking up.

When I awoke, I was gasping for air.

Luckily that was a dream, right?

They were all staring at me in shocked. I wiped my face and saw blood on my hands. Frowning I ran to a mirror.

The sight was horrifying. So it wasn’t a dream, exactly.

I had a busted lip, busted cheeks, a cut on my forehead, I couldn’t move my left arm, there was a throbbing pain in it. Basically I looked like I got beat the hell out of.

I lift my shirt up to see huge bruises. There was also some small ones on my arms.

As I returned back to the family, I was sure Edward filled them in.

“Come on, lets get you cleaned up,” Carlisle tells me to follow him upstairs.

When we arrived, I sat down and felt tears springing out of my eyes.

Jasper was coming upstairs to see me.

He held me as I cried. I was so scared.

“I am never laying an eye off you again,” He assures me.

When I’m all cleaned up, Jasper lies in bed with me. He holds me and plays with my hair. I turn around and kiss him softly on the lips. He lets me in. I open his shirt and place kisses down his chest and stomach. I felt a little embarrassed, it was hard to do this when I only had one arm.

“I want you,” I tell him.

I reach for his belt. But, his hands stop me.

I looked up, confused.

He pushes me away and says, “We can’t right now, look at you.”

I nod and try to hide my hurt feelings, but that’s pretty hard when your boyfriend knows what your feeling 24/7.

He holds me tight and place small kisses on my neck.

“Go to sleep, you need rest,” He whispers.
♠ ♠ ♠
hoped you like the chapter. i know i did ;)