I Want to Know You

Chasing Dreams

Luke...the one I loved stood before me in his basketball uniform. The number 20 on his front and and even bigger 20 on his back. The impact of crashing against him had sent me to the ground. He extended his hand and said, "I'm sorry, are you ok?, I didnt mean to....w-wait you were crying what happened?"
"Its nothing, Ill be fine...", I began to walk to the bathroom to get my composure back, but he grabbed my hand.
"Are you sure, did someone hurt you?"
"Not exactly, wasnt as much physically as mentally..."
He paused for a moment, in thought, "Was it Cassie?"
"...yeah, she...doesnt want me on the squad or so it seems"
"That's not right, youre a really good flyer..."
"Mia! Get back here!" Cassie screamed my name.
" I have to go, bye." I said retreating back to the gym.
"Goodbye, Mia!"
I returned to a very upset Cassie,"Mia! What's your problem?You cant just runoff! You need to behave your self or! Oh! Hiya Luke!"
I turned around to see Luke standing behind me with his arms crossed,"Hello Cassie, and just to let you know, I had to talk to Mia, so let it slide." His tone of voice was severe as if he was reprimanding her like a 5 year old. He turned and walked away, and I looked back at Cassie who got in my face and whispered angrily,"Mia, you got lucky, but next time your off!"
She turned around and faced the squad,"Ok ladies! We have 20 minutes to get our halftime done! Lets go!"
"No need to yell your head off." Violet said quietly.
Cassie huffed and everybody got posistioned. The 20 minutes passed quickly and soon the boys game was about to start. All the cheerleaders made a line across from eachother and unfortanetly I was across from Cassie. The lines formed an alley-like way and the speakers read off the names of the boys who ran out as we screamed. As soon as Luke's name was read Cassie ran her yap"Lets go sugar!"
Almost everybody got quiet and she smiled innocently as everyone stared at her. Eventually all the starters were out and we ran to the other side and Violet started our opening cheer,"Jumpball". Luke was up against a slightly taller guy with red hair. The ref blew his whistle and Luke won the jumpball with his amazing jumps. Bob on our team grabbed the ball and dribbled down court, and soon two players were guarding him. Bob threw the ball to Luke who shot form behind the 3 point line. The fans cheered and the game was on. It was really loud, so my head began to hurt. Suddnely it got quiet as Luke got ready to make a foul shout from another player shoved into his side. He made the 2 shots and soon the first quarter was over with the other team not far behind. Then the 2nd quarter started and just about in the middle of the quarter Luke was dribbling down the court and Joey ran rather close to the cheerleaders. Luke threw the ball to Joey but it was a little high, but very fast. It happened quickly but the ball came above Joey and at me. Suddenly I felt my self hit the ground. I lay down and saw a puddled of blood forming underneath my head. I tried to get up but then it hurt to much and I lay back down. There was so much commotion and my eyes got blurry. Then strong arms picked me up and I heard someone scream,"Call 911!"
It got more blurry and then everything went blank the last thing I saw was Luke's face hovering over me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am very tired so let me know if it sucked. ZZZZZZZ......Oh! And let me know if it was to short! g'night!