Status: Completed! :(

Never Cover up What We Did With a Dress

Chapter Sixteen.

Image

Sirens blared, loudly and harshly. I groaned and rolled over. My skin felt burned, stinging.

"Chesney? Chesney!" I heard a girl scream my name, and my eyes fluttered open.

"Tony! Tony she's opened her eyes!" Demi screamed, and I saw Tony come to us with Lily in his arms. Demi stood and walked away from me, taking Lily from Tony and instructing him to help me up. I felt hands dig under my arm pits, and I was pushed upright, I lent against the cabinet.

"Give Lily to me," I ordered with all the strength I had left.

"Chesney, tell me how you turn off the smoke alarm." Demi said, and I pointed to a white case against the wall near the door.

"The code is 0001," I said, "my skin hurts."

"We have to get you to a hospital," Tony said softly. "You're burned. The water from the stove must have bubbled over too much, and some of it has fallen on you."

It was in the car that Demi enlightened me with some better news. Lily sat kicking in her car seat next to me and I cried into my hands. Manson was dead as far as I knew. I had knocked myself out, and during that course of time something amazing happened.

"Ches, they managed to resuscitate him." Demi said. "They got him to a hospital just on time, and he's in a coma, but they believe he'll wake up soon."

I stopped crying and looked up at Tony, believing I was suffering from some sort of concussion. He nodded at me, a dim smile on his face. I slapped myself, and then pinched myself, and I poked Lily. She kicked her leg in protest.

"Woah, Chesney, calm down, you're not dreaming," Tony explained. "I'm so sorry for telling you the way I did. Manson's in Santa Clara Hospital now, and once we've gotten you checked out we're going back to your apartment, fixing you up, and taking you and Lily to see him."

"W-w-what was he doing coming back up here?"

"Chesney..." Tony said, and I had a feeling it was good news that he didn't want to say.

"Why don't you want to say?"

Tony hesitated before he answered me and I began to panic.

"Well... because... I don't want you getting your hopes up in case... in case he doesn't pull through."

"Just tell me. And tell me how it happened. How did he get hurt?"

"He was on the 101, coming to see you and Lily. And he was at a kitty corner, and a truck came and smashed right into the back of him. It veered through a red light. He was so lucky not to have died. They thought he did."

"Tell me why he came back."

"Chesney, I really don't want to..."

"I'm not a child, Tony. Just tell me."

We arrived at the hospital, and Tony turned around to face me.

"Dita eventually broke down, and she told him the truth."

"The truth about what?"

"Their baby. It's not his."
♠ ♠ ♠
Kitty corner :)
I learned about that when I was in San Francisco.
It's so beautiful :)
And I took the 101 all the way down to Hollywood and Santa Barbra and Santa Monica and Malibu and everything, that's why it's in the story :)
Plus Manson lives in Chatsworth.
It's so much better writing about something when you've been there and know what it's about!