Status: Completed! :(

Never Cover up What We Did With a Dress

Chapter Thirty Five.

Image

“I’m so excited.” I said to Demi.

We were sitting on the couch in Demi’s apartment, Lily bouncing up and down of Demi’s lap. We were discussing how soon it would be until Tony and Manson came back from tour, until we’d see them again.

“How are you going?” Demi asked, referring to my starting pregnancy. “Everything okay?”

“It’s all fine.” I smiled, my hand pressed against my lower stomach. “I can’t wait to meet it.”

She smiled, but I saw the sadness in her eyes. She and Tony had been trying for over six months after losing their last baby in the second month of pregnancy, and had had no luck ever since.

I leaned across the sofa, and put my hand gently on her upper arm. “It’s okay, Demi. It will happen soon enough, I know it will.”

She smiled, but I could see the tears welling up in her eyes. “I know.” She said.

I looked away, contemplating whether or not I should mention the weird things that had been happening to me lately.

“Demi… I’m actually starting to get a little bit worried…” I started. “I think someone may be following me.”

“What?” She said, shocked. “Have you told the police or something?”

“No. I’m sure it’s nothing. Just some silent phone messages and… well I think I have noticed someone following me.” I sighed. “I don’t know, maybe I’m just a little paranoid.”

“Chesney, you should tell someone, seriously. You have a baby to worry about now. And Lily of course.”

She kissed Lily’s forehead and placed her on the ground, smiling as she crawled over to the table and lifted herself up.

“I know. I’m going to wait until Manson comes home.”

_________________________________________________________________

I let myself into my apartment building. I walked through the corridor, an uneasy feeling in my stomach. I let myself into my apartment, and as Lily was sleeping in my arms, I put her down in her crib, closing the door behind me. I walked into the main living room, a clear view of the apartment door… open? I swear I closed it when I came in. I walked over to the door, ready to close it, when something in the corner of my eye caught my attention. There was the person in black, standing in my kitchen. I screamed, and caught their attention. They started running toward me. Suddenly my mind filled with thoughts of Lily. I had to lure this person away from her.

I ran out of the apartment, extremely aware of their presence behind me. I took the stairs two at a time. They had caught up with me, their hand grabbed my arm. I fiercely turned around, a scream erupting from my throat as I fell backward on the stairs.
________________________________________________________________

The sheets around my abdomen were wet. Immediately, as I woke, I believed it was blood, warning me of what I may have irreplaceably lost. But, as my eyes opened and I came back into touch with reality, I realised it was the tears of grief from the person that had lost just as much as I had.

“I’m sorry.” I muttered, my voice feeling foreign in my dry mouth. “I didn’t mean to…”

I wasn’t allowed to finish my sentence as arms wrapped around me, Manson’s lips resting on my forehead.

“Why didn’t you tell me about the baby?”

“I was waiting until you came back.”

My eyes focused on his face. My hands rested on my stomach. I felt empty. I didn’t like how it looked. I could see the pain, the confusion, the disappointment. He looked uncomfortable, and as he opened his mouth, I realised why.

“Chesney… we… we lost the baby.”

I was shocked. I don’t think I even registered the words.

“Please don’t hate me.” I pleaded, tears streaming down my face. My voice was so thin and desperate, it made me sound utterly pathetic, but I really didn’t care.

“I don’t.” He said. Manson sat back from me, his face in his hands. “I thought I lost you.”

My eyes connected with his, and I looked away. I could not help but feel totally guilty with what had happened. I had lost our child.

“Did you find out who it was?”

“What are you talking about?”

The hospital sheets felt too tight around me. Too unnatural – like this very situation.

“The person in our apartment.” I stated, watching as his eyes filled with confusion. “The person that was chasing me down the stairs!” I cried. “They’re the reason we lost the baby.”

“Chesney… there was no one following you.”

“Yes, there was!” I cried, “Manson, why else would I be running down the stairs? I wouldn’t have left Lily alone.”

“But… Chesney… you weren’t on the stairs.” He said. “You were lying in our bed…”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the late update! I'm having little writers block on this story.
How about helping me out?
Comment some suggestions you might have for the plot!
Thank you for your support :) <3