Mental Fiction Follows Me

Chapter 13: Jingle Bombs

“And stay out!” the guy yelled as he threw me and Aiden out.

“We will!” Zacky and Brian yelled. Aiden and I, the last two to be physically thrown out of McDonalds, straightened and brushed ourselves off.

“Did we just get kicked out of McDonalds?” Max asked.

“That would be a yes,” Johnny said.

“I can’t believe you two got us kicked out of McDonalds!” Craig yelled and pointed to Deandra and me.

“I can, since we just got thrown out about two seconds ago,” I said.

“Calm down, Craigafer, there will be other McDonalds,” Deandra said. She walked over to where Aiden and I were standing.

“Good job in there. That’s the first time I’ve ever been kicked out of McDonalds,” Aiden said.

“I still don’t see why they had to force us out,” I mumbled.

“Because we resisted,” Nikkita said. I turned my head to see her standing beside me.

“So, girls, shall we?” Deandra asked and lifted her arm. Nikkita linked her arm through Deandra’s and then mine, and I linked my free arm through Aiden’s.

“I feel a Jingle Bomb sing-along coming,” I said and smiled down at Aiden.

“I love that song,” Nikkita said.

“Same here,” Deandra added. Then, as if by some magical cue, we all started singing at the same time.

Dashing through the sand
With a bomb strapped to my back
I have a nasty plan
For Christmas in Iraq

I got through checkpoint A
But not through checkpoint B
That's when I got shot in the ass by the U.S. military

It's not funny!

Ooo, Jingle bombs, jingle bombs mine blew up you see
Where are all the virgins that Bin Laden promised me
Jingle bombs, jingle bombs your soldiers shot me dead
The only thing that I have left is this towel upon my head

I used to be a man, but every time I cough
Thanks to uncle Sam my nuts keep falling off
My bombing days are done, I need to find some work
Perhaps it would be much safer as a convenient store night clerk,
Ooo, Jingle bombs, jingle bombs I think I got screwed
Don't laugh at me because I'm dead or I kill you!

I kill you!


We were all doubled over in laughter as we finished singing and started up the few stairs to the bus. Deandra went on first, then Nikki, followed by me, and Aiden came in last. We all fell in the floor, still laughing, and randomly yelling “I kill you!”

“Did they sneak something into their drinks?” I heard Johnny ask.

“Nope. That, my friends, is a natural high,” Robert said.

“How do you get those?” Zacky asked.

“By being happy!” I yelled.

“I think you’re a little too happy,” Zacky mumbled.

“Nonsense. Life’s too short to be sad and depressed all the time,” I said and leaned my head on Aiden’s. She was short enough that my head landed on top of hers perfectly.

“Umm...guys?” Nikkita asked.

“Yeah, babe?” Matt asked.

“Why are we moving?” Nikkita asked.

“JB?!” Brian yelled.

“What?!”

“Why are we moving?!”

“Got a call. Escape The Fate! New venue! Move now!” JB yelled back.

“What’s wrong with the other one?!” Matt asked.

“Beats! Me!”

“So, we’re all crammed on here again?” Deandra asked.

“You can take my bed,” I said.

“Where are you gonna sleep?” Deandra asked. She had me on that one.

“She can sleep with me,” Jimmy said. I looked over at him, and his blue eyes caught mine.

“Thanks, Jimbo,” I said and gave him a wave.

“That’s not fair! Why does Andy get a bed?” Max asked.

“Because I’m more awesome than you,” Deandra said.

“Are not!” Max yelled.

“Are to!” Deandra yelled back.

“Children!” I yelled. They both stopped looking at each other and turned their attention to me.

“Yes, Mother Dearest?” Deandra asked.

“If it’s gonna cause this much trouble, then just share,” I said.

“Are you serious?” Deandra asked.

“Sharing is caring!” I yelled.

“I’m up for it. Are you?” Max asked and smiled over at Deandra.

“I’m up for anything,” Deandra said and smiled back.

“Well, that sounds dirty,” Aiden said and stood up. She wobbled for a minute, but then she straightened.

“She’s got a point, and I’m going to bed,” I said and slowly got to my feet.

I was laying in Jimmy’s bed clothed in my pajamas and reading some random book when Jimmy finally joined me. I knew Aiden was already asleep, and I could still hear the other’s up front. There’s no telling how long they’ll be up.

“I thought you were going to bed?” Jimmy asked as I scooted over to give him some room. He slipped under the blankets with me.

“I was, but then I couldn’t sleep,” I said.

“Well, now we can go to sleep,” he said and took my book. He dog-eared one of the pages and then laid it on the floor.

“I was reading that!” I said and leaned over him to reach for it. Jimmy easily pushed me back and then laid his head on my chest. His arms wrapped around my waist, and he let out a contented sigh.

“Okay, you win. This time,” I said and began to play with his hair.

“I always win. Now go to sleep,” Jimmy mumbled, already half asleep.

“Sleep...is for...losers,” I mumbled as my lids became heavy. After a few minutes, I gave up fighting and let myself fall into a dreamless sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I know this one isn't all that good and kinda boring, but I wanted an update out. I'll try and make the next one super-long and full of action to make it up to everyone.