My Scars Are Yours Today

Chapter Thirteen;

Fire suddenly blazed in every direction and chaos had erupted like a volcano. The few fire alarms that were still intact were screaming bloody murder whilst more experienced officers tried to figure out what to do. The heat rose to an excruciating level and everything was just happening so quickly. One minute Ivy had been heading off to the reception area to wait for Bruce, the next she was stood in the centre of an inferno. Clutching on to Happy for her dear life, her eyes darted around to look for the man she’d just been with.

“Gordon?” She screamed loudly over all of the commotion. Ivy could hear the creaking of wood as the ceiling, laced with flames, slowly began to cave. A large beam fell close by her and Happy struggled to try and escape his owner’s grip so that he could run for his own life. She was in shock though. The fallen beam could have easily crushed her as it fell, only having narrowly missing her. Her eyes darted around the room that was now heavy with smoke and her head began to feel extremely heavy.

“Ivy!” She heard a faint yell and saw someone emerging from the pit of fire and running towards her.

“Jinx?” She muttered confused and let the blurred figure wrap her in a blanket. They lifted her into their arms to Happy’s inconvenience as he was slightly crushed in the hold. The figure ran in the same direction that they had come from, quickly finding an exit before bursting into the street behind the station. Commotion. So much commotion. Ivy just wanted to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is very short I know but I couldn't post the next bit as it doesn't really follow on well from the fire scene.

Exams are coming up though and these are the last few updates that I already had written up so it's likely that this story will become very delayed with the whole updating thing. Thank you to people that are giving me feed back : )