Status: Completed.

Nick Jonas, Caught The Love Bug Again?

Hello Beautiful

April, 25, 2014

I closed my eyes as I sat on the peeling blue swing I use to use when my life consisted of princesses, prince charming, and evil witches that wanted to sabotage me of my fairytale love. The chilly breezes brushed pass me as I reflected on the past. I was now 19 years old, and somehow, as if by a miracle Nick and I were still together. Yea I know, I can’t believe it either!

The press found out when I was 16, making Nick 19. We felt as if our relationship was strong enough to withstand all of the paparazzi and all of the fans. I was actually preparing to be hated by the fans, but surprisingly they supported us. I guess they saw how much we loved each other, and they just wanted us to be happy.

I thought of Nick instantly. He was away in New York doing a promotion for his client. He and his brothers broke up once Kevin being a papa, and when Joe became engaged to his girlfriend, Laura. Today was my birthday, the one day I just wanted to spend with Nick. I knew that he wouldn’t be able to accompany me, and I was somewhat OK with that. I understood Nick and his job; he was often on the road anyway. We really got to see each other on small breaks that he had, but that was what I expected when Nick and I separated back when I was 13, Nick 16.

A lot has happened since then. Nick and his family bought a house in Texas, so instead of the 30 mile drive it use to be, I now have to drive 1,436 miles which would be about 20 hours 37 minutes. You gotta love Google!

Looks like we made it
Look how far we've come my baby
We mighta took the long way
We knew we'd get there someday

They said, "I bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on
We're still together still going strong


I jumped at the sound of my cell phone blasting Shania Twain- You’re Still The One. I stood up, the swing flying backwards and then gliding forward and hitting the back of my legs. I pressed the green talk button on my phone as I lifted it to my ear.

“Hello?” I said happily.

“Hey babe,” Nick’s voice sang on the other end. “How are you birthday girl?”

I sighed. “I’m good, but I would prefer it if you were here with me.” I said using my best puppy dog eyes.

“Rina, stop using you puppy dog eyes,” Nick said while quietly chuckling. “I can’t see them, so they won’t work.”

I sighed out loud. “But you know I’m using them, that should be enough!” I said.

“Hey Rina,” Nick started. “Is Hello Beautiful still your favorite song by us?” He asked.

“Yeah, why?” I asked unsure for the random subject change.

“Can I sing the rest for you then?” He asked, his voice almost sounded nervous.

“If you want,” I said sitting back down on the motionless swing. “Sing away my angel.”

Hello beautiful
It's been a long time
Since my phone's rung
And you been on that line
I've been missing you
It's true

But tonight
I'm gonna fly
Yeah tonight
I'm gonna fly
Oh yeah

'Cause I could comb across the world,
and see everything
And never be satisfied
If I couldn't see those eyes


“Rina?” Nick asked, but the static made it hard to hear him.

“Yes?” I asked as I felt tears brick at the edges of my eyes.

“I just wanted to tell you---“

That’s when the phone clicked off. I pulled the phone back from my ear, the screen read ‘call lost’. I sighed and slumped my shoulders forward.

“Happy birthday,” A voice called as arms wrapped around me and pulled me up.

I squealed and jumped out of the familiar arms.

“Nick!” I yelled and threw myself back in his embrace. “I thought you weren’t coming!”

Nick kissed my forehead before answering. “I love you, why would I miss your birthday?”

I shrugged. “I don’t know, you were busy in NYC.” I said looking down at the roots of a tree.

“Rina?” Nick asked, the nervousness back. His eyes searched mine, his breathing deeper.

“Yes?”

Nick stuttered. “I was um won-wondering, if yo-you would do something for m-me?”
I placed my hands on both sides of his face, my nose touching his. “Anything.”

“Would you make me the happiest man and marry me?” Nick asked as he got down on one knee and pulled a ring out of his jacket pocket. “We’ve been together for a long time, seven years to be exact. We’ve gone through so much as a couple, and I know we can make it for many more years. Heck, we can make it for life. The thing that makes me so sure that we can make it is even though I’ve been on the road for half of our relationship we didn’t let the distance get to us, we didn’t let jealously get between us.” Nick said, taking a second to take a breath. “We’ve gone through more obstacles than most people, and we still came out strong. I love you more than anything Rina, I need you. So will you marry me?”

I looked down at Nick, the breath gone from my longs. I had never thought in a million years that Nick would propose to me today. Sure maybe in the future, but not at 19.

“Rina?” Nick asked, his eyes switching back and forth between mine.

“I, I don’t know what to say.” I said placing a hand on my heart.

“Um, make the happiest man on earth and say yes?” He said smiling nervously.

“I would love to marry you.” I said running up to him and wrapping my arms around his neck.

Most people have to think and consider whether or not they should marry, but with Nick it was different. I knew it was the right decision, and that I wouldn’t regret it.

“I love you,” Nick said as he pulled my face to his.

“I love you more,” I said pressing our lips together for our first kiss as an engaged couple.

“Was this a good birthday?” Nick asked as he lifted me up as I wrapped my legs around his waist.

I smirked down at I’m and poked his cheek like I did when we first started dating. “This has not only been the best birthday, but one of the best days of my life.” I said filling the gap between us.

I am now Mrs. Rina Smits Jonas. I could so get use to this.
♠ ♠ ♠
The last chapter in Nick Jonas, Caught The Love Bug Again?
Sadly this is the last chapter. I talked to Laura about sequel ideas, but after thinking about I thought it would be better to not do one.

I would like to thank all of the readers, even the silent ones. Also the commenter's, you guys helped make this story 10 stars! When I first started this story I told myself that even if this story was a dud I would still continue to write since it was dedicated to my best friend on Mibba, Rina!

Please comment, I would really like to now what you all think. I know it may not the best chapter in the world, but I think it's simple and to the point. Plus Nick flew across the country to purpose to Rina on her birthday, that's romantic enough!

THANK YOU EVERYONE, I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!

Since this story is over please go check out my new story, Until Momma Jonas Do Us Part. And yes it is a Nick Jonas fan-fiction!

Thank you guys again, without you this story wouldn't of been as good as it was!
Love, Chelsea!