Save Me In The Rain

No One Likes To Be Alone

I was completely and totally lost. Everything looked the same in this neighborhood! I was so tired of walking. Just like when Billie Joe found me I sat down on the curb. Spotting a cig on the ground I desperately grabbed it and lit up. The nicotine tasted so sweet, like candy.
I dug through my backpack till I found my wallet but it only had one dollar in it. What could I get for a dollar? McDonald’s? Gross yes, but filling and that’s what I needed right now.

***
“Billie we should go look for her.” Adie stated handing me a cup of coffee.
“Adie she ran away. Obviously she doesn’t want our help.” I retorted.
“She may not want it but I’m sure she needs it!” I felt the exact same way. Something kept nagging at me about her like I was supposed to something more for Smile. “Please Bill.”
“Alright, I’ll go. You need to stay here with the boys though.” I said giving in.
“Thank you hun.” She gave me a tender kiss before going upstairs.
“Okay Smiley where’d you go?” I sighed.

***
“May I take your order?” the order taker’s voice sounded through the intercom. Yes I was on foot and going through the drive-thru. I just didn’t like the looks I got from the other customers.
“Yeah I’ll have,” I glanced at the menu. ”An egg and cheese biscuit.” I said into the machine.
“Will that be all for you today?”
“Yes.” I muttered my stomach growling.
“Please pull up to the next window.”
“Here you go,” the drive-thru girl said as she looked at me with disgust. I knew I looked bad. I probably smelled bad too. But was it my fault? No…well yes I was the one that ran away.
I gave her my dollar and she gave me a fake smile as she handed me a penny.
“Thank you, come again.”
“Whatever.” I greedily grabbed the baggie of food and went on my way, getting out of the way of the cars behind me.
How could I make this last all day, all month? Maybe I could take really…really small bites. I need a job.

***
She must be close by I mean seriously, how far could a girl get by walking. I was really worried about her. I don’t know why I was taking to her so quickly. Somehow I just felt kind of connected to her. It was weird.