Read Between The Lines

Kiss Me!


Nick rest his hands on your waist. You look up a little sweaty from being nervous. “are you ok?” he asks. “yea…yeah, I am fine” you say. All the confidence that you once behold gone. He leans in and kisses you. You smile sadly as he breaks apart. Soon your in a full blown out make out session. You hear knocking on the door but don’t pull apart. “ok times up!” yells your cousins in unison. “give some one else a chance!” you finally pull apart. “keep your pants on!” you yell at our cousins. “we just hope you do!” one yelled giggling with the other. I opened the door and came out. All eyes on you. Wow nice crowned. My phone vibrates in my pocket. I look at it and see our ride is here. I looked at the time the weren’t suppose to come till 12 o’clock, it was now 2. I grabbed my cousins heading upstairs. “time to go, nice party” you say as you past your friend on the steps making out with some unknown guy. You gag jokingly behind the guy, she just swats you off. You all laugh and head for the door. One of your cousin was a little drunk and had to go take care of some business beside the house. You and your other cousin wait in the drive way waiting. “so,” she says casually. “so what?” you asked. “so was he a good kisser?” “I don’t kiss in tell but if I were to slip I would say great! But I am not that kind of girl” you say jokingly. She nudges you. “better that Jake” you cringe and the mention of his name but come back. “much better” you say dignified. you feel a tap on you shoulder and see Jake. “hey, what are you doing here?” “not being with you” you snap. “aw are you mad I broke up with you” he said putting a fake sympathetic look on and a arm around you. “get your flipping hands out me” you say with venom dripping out your words. Nick came out the garage to where you and Jake were standing. You brake from Jakes grasp and walk over to Nick kissing him. “what ever baby doll. When your done with him, come talk to me.” he says pushing past Nick and going into the party. “I hate him!” you state when he’s gone. Nick opens his mouth. “that’s Jake, erm…my ex” you say the last part quietly. Answering his unspoken question. “so what did you want to ask me?” you ask. You say braking the silence between you to. “oh, I was wondering…” he said scratching the back of his neck. ‘aw he is soo cute nervous!” you think. “ if we could go out some time” you see your car pull up and see your cousin emerge from the side of the house. “I would love to” you wrote your number on his hand and stood on your tip toes and kissed him on the cheek. You run and help your cousin waving to him. You get into the car. “ so what did he say?” “ who?” you ask.