Oh, But You're An Explosion

A Hooker Turned Mail-Girl.

The next morning I sat outside, sipping at my Starbucks coffee. People were running by, taxis were weaving down the street, and it was an absolutely beautiful and hot day. Erin was inside working out something on the phone and nobody was inside, so I deserted the store and took a seat against the wall, thinking.

Whatever Oli had said to me last night really dug under my skin. My ability to remember what, exactly, he had said disappeared, but he said something that had my brain running circles. I couldn't tell if it was a good thing or a bag thing.

"Um, hi, do you work here?" somebody asked me. The voice sounded familiar, so I looked up. I couldn't place who she was, but I knew that I recognized her... somehow.

I cleared my throat. "Yeah. I do."

"Oh. Okay. Here's your mail." said said, smiling and handing me a few small packages.

I smiled. "Thanks." She started walking away when I got the urge to ask her who she was. "Um, excuse me! This might sound really weird, but... do I know you?"

She thought for a second. "I don't know. You look familiar."

"What's your name?" I asked, standing up and tucking the small packages under my arm, still sipping at my Starbucks.

"Caitlin, but some people know me as Caity." she said, smiling. I smile, then stopped in place.

Oh my god... The hooker.

[--]

I sat inside later that day, deciding that I was beyond tired and layed my head down on the counter. My brain was thumping against my forehead and my allergies were just about setting fireworks off in my temples. It was about the worst feeling ever, so I drifted off.

"What the hell!" Erin shouted in my ear.

I sat up quickly. "What? I was awake." I felt like I had just got caught sleeping in by my mom and was trying to not get yelled at. Well, it was pretty much the same thing.

"No! You were totally sleeping, you little skank! You're so lucky Adam's still talking to Trisha outside. I'mma tell on you." she joked, sticking her tongue out at me.

I groaned. "Erin, no. I'm soo tired. I went to sleep late and had to wake up early to take Taylor to school... and that Starbucks totally didn't do shit. I'm wiped."

"Why were you up late?" Erin asked skeptically.

I was busted. "I... Uh... I... can't think of an excuse?"

"You were out with Oli, weren't you?" she asked, looking at me with total disbelief. "I knew it; you do like him!"

I rolled my eyes. "No. I don't like him. I just figured I... Oh, Christ. I don't know why the hell I hung out with him. There was nothing else to do and he wouldn't go away, Erin!"

"Awh. Is this conversation about me?" Oli asked as he walked through the doorway with one of his band members, Adam and his sister that I had never met, Trisha.

I groaned and looked at Erin, whispering, "See what I mean?" The fact that Adam's sister was standing behind him was completely distant and foreign to me. I didn't even know she was coming here.

"Oh, come on. You missed me!" Oli laughed, throwing his arm over my shoulders.

I glared up at him. "Are you stalking me?"

"Nope. We were walking by and saw Adam standing outside with Trisha. Trisha and Curtis kind of have this thing going on, so we thought we'd stop by and let them catch up while I caught up with you." Oli smiled brightly.

I groaned. "Guess who I saw."

"Who?"

"Caity. Your hoeee!" I laughed, mocking her walk.

He laughed. "She was actually very good."

Erin cut her eyes at me and I raised my eyebrows. "See? Told you. He's a whore."
♠ ♠ ♠
Once again: "Caity" or "Caitlin" is oh.shesVicious
Trisha, Adam's sister, is: trishaBOOB
Their roles will gradually get bigger in the story.

Sorry it's taken me so long to update and that this update is kind of crappy. I've had a shitload of homework and I'm really, really tired. I'm planning on going to take a bath and get myself relaxed, then updating again. I'm hoping it'll be a better update than this.

Oh! I got a 100% on my Bio Honors exam!
Praise my amazingness, I say!

And thanks for all of the comments. I really appreciate it. It makes me happy inside. (: