Draco Malfoy's Famous Last Words

Dark Spells

EVELYN'S P.O.V.

I have just stepped out of the carriage, and Professor Snape is already breathing down my throat.

"Come with me, Ms. Zabini," he orders, dragging me swiftly away from my friends.

He doesn't speak to me, and he won't answer my protests. Snape simply leads me all the way up to the Headmaster's office. When the doors are locked tightly behind us, he forces me down into a seat in front of his desk.

"First off, the Dark Lord requests your presence as soon as possible. He is enraged that you visited an exile, and I'm sure he is less than thrilled about the appearance of your child."

"I know, Severus," I groan, "I was informed on the train."

"Well at least you are not completely clueless. Oh and second, I spoke with Draco about a week ago. He asked me to pass on a message to you."

My heart flutters pathetically at the mention of Draco. I leaned forward in my chair eagerly, a druggie awaiting another quick fix. Snape chuckles at the absurdity of my actions.

"He says that he loves you and that he intends to keep his promise."

Draco's voice floods my head instantly.

"I'll come back for you," he had vowed.

I smile to myself. I will see him again. I just know it.

"Thank you, Severus. I'll leave now."

He nods, "Before you go, I need to inform you of something."

"What?" I ask, curiously.

"You know your locket? The one Draco gave you for protection?"

"Do you have it?" I inquire hopefully. Draco had given me the enchanted locket the night we attempted to run away together. It held the power to protect the wearer from all harm. I had forgotten it the night Dumbledore was murdered and had been missing it ever since.

"No. I'm sorry, Evelyn. It's gone now."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I was told by a colleague of mine that someone took it from your room the night of Dumbledore's death for 'safe keeping.' Somehow, it got in the hands of Dolores Umbridge. Well, long story short, it's a horcrux. Potter and his friends stole it from Ms. Umbridge and destroyed it."

The shock is the only thing that keeps me from crying. The most valuable thing I had ever owned turned out to be nothing but a piece of Voldemort's filthy soul. And to think how many nights I cradled it lovingly in my hands.

"Thanks for telling me, Severus," I whisper, "I should get going."

He nods and bows a small farewell. I use his fireplace to Floo directly to the drawing room of Malfoy Manor. As I expect, Voldemort is waiting for me.

---

"Nice to see you, Evelyn. Have a seat," he gestures towards one of the couches.

He is situated in a large, leather armchair. Nagini is resting peacefully around the chair with her head in his lap. She looks rather peaceful, almost like a lap dog.

"Hello, Nagini," I whisper to her in Parseltongue.

"Nice to see you," she slithers back.

I don't like to flaunt the fact that I could speak Parseltongue. It is a skill that I preferred to keep between the Dark Lord, Nagini, and myself. If only Harry knew how much we truly have in common.

"So, Evelyn. We'll start with the lesser of your problems. Your son, who was fathered by Draco," he begins, "Do you know of his whereabouts?"

I reply that I do.

"Good. Draco has been sent to retrieve him. Your son shall be given a proper, Pureblood name and raised by Bella until you are out of Hogwarts. I wish for you to finish your schooling. Is that acceptable?"

I nod. I am not too keen on Bella raising my son, but she will do a fine job until I graduate. She is a Pureblood, after all. I'm sure she will take good care of her great-nephew.

"Now, you visited an exile. I suppose you would like a chance to explain your actions?"

"I apologize greatly for the disgrace I have caused, my Lord. It was forced on me by Harry Potter and his gang. They wouldn't let me out of their sight. I had no way to come back to you."

He nods understandingly.

"You will be punished for that, nonetheless, but I shall be considerate to the circumstances," he says decisively.

"Thank you, my Lord," I whisper, both relieved and apprehensive. There has to be a reason why he is letting me off the hook so easily. It is not in the Dark Lord's nature to be merciful, especially when he has been betrayed twice.

"Now, I have a mission for you. You are to study some extremely valuable Dark Arts with Professor Snape. He will give you further instruction on what to do, but in short, I want you to weaken the defenses around Hogwarts."

"Why, my Lord?"

"I have a feeling that the war shall be decided there. I need as much of an advantage as I can get. Besides, you never received proper Death Eater training. This shall suffice so that you may do battle amongst the rest of us."

"So all I have to do is train with Severus and sway the grounds at Hogwarts to our advantage?"

His reply is a quick nod.

"It shall be done, my Lord," I pause, warily, "Before I leave, might I ask you what Draco is to do when he has brought our son back?"

Voldemort grins at me, "He's going to look for Blaise and Steven in Siberia. Hopefully, he will find them well and they can convince the giants to join our cause."

I shudder. Giants are bad, unstable, they kill everything in sight. I could lose my brother, my fiancee, and the only father I've ever known all at once. The Dark Lord senses my fear and smiles maliciously. So my torture is meant to be more emotional than physical.

"Do not worry, child," he whispers, "They will be fine. Now, for your punishment. I had some rather, nasty spells in mind. However, seeing as how you did not choose to see the exile, the Cruciatus Curse will suffice."

With a great deal of reluctance, I move from the couch stand in the middle of the floor. This is wrong, so wrong. But I've been through worse.

The pain hits me with a violent rage. It stabs like a million, burning hot knives throughout my entire body. After an eternity has passed, it subsides as quickly as it came, leaving me cringing on the floor in agony.

"You may leave now, Evelyn," he says, as I get to my feet.

"May I ask one more question, my Lord?" I ask, daring to risk my luck.

"Of course," he smiles. He knows I am inquisitive and plays along with my every inquiry. How lucky I am to still be among his favorites. If there were a God, I would worship him in thanks.

"What other type of spell could you have used on me? And why didn't you?"

He raises his eyebrows.

"Not that I'm not grateful for your mercy, of course," I recover rapidly.

Voldemort's expression softens at my modesty.

"What a lovely, Dark Witch you will make," he chuckles, "There are spells, Dark spells, Evelyn that most witches and wizards cannot even fathom. Spells that are worse than death itself. I couldn't bear to use one of those on you, my dear. For, I think you are fine just the way you are."

"What do you mean, my Lord?"

"Dark spells change people, Evelyn. Remember that."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?

Edward Cullen fans click here.

XoXo Kate