Broken By The Darkness In My Blood

We Thought We Could Get Away

The minute my phone rang whilst I was in my room I grabbed it and flipped it open. The caller I.D said that it was Sapphire, phew that’s a relief I had thought that she had forgotten about me seeing as she hadn’t rung me in a week. You know when you feel like your hearts going to burst if you don’t receive a reply soon, well I was definitely like that, in fact when I answered the phone I think I gave such a sigh of relief that I scared myself because I had never felt like this before.

“Zac?”

“Oh, Sapphire, thank goodness you’re okay.” The breath caught in my throat the moment she answered. If she hadn’t of rung or said anything I would probably have stopped breathing.

“I’m fine. Did you get away okay?”

“Course. Did you?” I had been worried the moment I left her whether she would be all right or not? I mean her brothers look like they are really tough, I really don’t want to have to go up against them but I would for Sapphire, anything for her.

“Yeah. Twisted my ankle in some odd twist of fate but my brothers carried me home. Will you be there tonight?”

“Of course I’ll be there. Why wouldn’t I be?”

“Because it’s been a week since we spoke to each other.”

“I’ve been waiting for your call every second. I never stopped thinking about you.” Well what else could I say? It was the truth.

“That’s so sweet.”

“It’s true. So with a twisted ankle will you be able to get there on your own?”

“Umm… probably.”

“Shall I come and meet you?”

“You would do that for me?”

“Sapphire, I would do anything for you.” I mean this! I would kill my-self for her!

That was the reason I was outside her bedroom window on a Saturday night waiting for her to jump into my arms. The first thing I thought when I caught her was… I never want to let you go…

“How you feeling?”

“Like I want to get away from here.”

“Where?”

“You choose. Just no more trees.”

So we ended up in the park. Just as always but I wasn’t complaining because the park was a very special place and I was with the perfect special someone.

We walked now hand in hand along the path along to our favourite tree, I was happy that she was here along beside me because I really thought that she had hurt herself when we were running from her brothers before.

"I thought I said that I didn't want any more tree's." Sapphire argued as I sat down leaning against it, while watching her cross her arms across her chest in an attempt to make me get up and go somewhere else. I liked watching her being stubborn, in fact in the moon light it made her look even more beautiful and I know that I shouldn't say this but it turned me on. A lot.

"Come over here. Beautiful." It wasn't until I had already said it that I wished that I hadn't cause I mean that was kind of out of the blue. What if she didn't like being told she was beautiful? My hands were out stretched for her to come over to me as she walked closer to me, she slipped suddenly and caught be off guard but I acted so quick and caught her. She had screamed at the feeling of no ground beneath her that was shocking, I held her close to me quickly. "You alright butter cup?" I asked. Yeah and I know that name is a little weird to say to someone but what else could you think of in a second? My face must have shown so much confusion and love because she looked up at me and smiled.

"I'm all right and don't look so worried, I really am fine. I told you I didn't like tree's today, I must of tripped on the roots. Damn ground." She turned to look at the ground as she spoke but I know that something is up cause she tripped on nothing. That's not usual for someone to do. I wanted to know what was up with her. I mean even after I caught her earlier she had wobbled all over the place for ten minutes. I'm not complaining cause it meant that I could hold her close to me while we walked.

Once Sapphire assured me that she had her balance back I let her lay down against me next to me and then we looked up at the stars together.

"Can you see a group of stars over there?" I asked with one hand wrapped round her to keep her as close to me as possible on this cold night, I pointed up into the sky with my right hand as she was lying on my left side. She nodded at me, following my fingers with her beautiful crystal glowing eyes.

"You mean the group of three?" She looked up at my eyes, smiling, which made me laugh.

"Yes I do mean those three stars, did you know that they form Orion’s belt, so if you were to look carefully then I’m sure that you could see his out line." I smiled back at her before looking back up at the sky above. I heard a rustle of leaves from the right of me and it was quite a way from me but I saw a shadow move which made me weary that we might not be alone.

Sapphire luckily, obviously hadn't noticed my discomfort about the shadows. The eerie thing was that she was usually really bright at seeing my discomfort so obviously some thing was wrong. Though before I could ask her about it I heard voices from the right of me again.

"Can you see what they are doing?" The voice said, and my whole body tensed up. Sapphire couldn't not pick up on my discomfort now and so turned straight to look at me whilst she got up on to her hand whilst half laying down. She whispered to me.

"What is it, Zac?"

"Your brothers," I answered and I saw the fear flash into her eyes. "Listen." Was all I could think to say next and sure enough we heard one of them speak again.

"Why can't we leave them alone, I mean why can't we leave her to have some fun?" I heard a thud. "Ouch. That was uncalled for. You didn't have to hit me."

"Correction, I did. We are here to collect our sister to bring her home kicking and screaming because of the events that are going to happen soon, you know what it was like, you can't keep your past..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long people entirely my fault people so bite my head off not Abi's ..
libby :D