Wolf Girl

Missing

I woke up at my normal time. My morning was normal too. I got dressed and went downstairs. My dad was eating some toast which was burnt. My dad had never been good at cooking. The only good thing he could make was a sandwich or cereal. I walked into the kitchen and got my breakfast.

“Morning dad” I said while sitting opposite him.

“Morning Jessica” he said.

We ate in silence for a while but I broke it.

“Did Max call?” I asked.

“No. Why should he of called. I thought you didn’t want him to take you to school anymore.”

“I didn’t I just wondered.”

I quickly ate my breakfast and went upstairs. I brushed my teeth and grabbed my school bag. I shouted bye to my dad as I ran out of the door. I unlocked my car and hopped in. I started the engine and drove to school. While I was in the car I was thinking of Max. He normally called even if I didn’t want him to. I told my dad to say no to him if he asked to pick me up. There was something wrong with that boy and I had to find out. Hopefully he would be at school.

I got to school late. I parked my car and locked it. I looked around the car park but there was no blue ford. Max wasn’t here. Maybe he was late. I had science first. I ran to science since I was late. When I walked into class our teacher Mr White had already started the lesson. He looked at me and I looked back.

“Hello Jessica would you like to join our lesson now or are you just going to miss it all.”
He stared and me. I blushed with embarrassment and quickly went to sit down tripping on someone’s bag on the way. The lesson was boring and went slowly.

At lunch I ate alone. I was hoping Max would walk through the doors and come and sit next to me grinning. It never happened. Max wasn’t coming. I gave up searching for him and sat outside on one of the benches. Why was he away two days in a row? I couldn’t stop thinking of him.

The rest of the day went by really slowly. Lessons were no fun without Max around. After school I did my homework and started to make dinner. I didn’t bother calling Max. He wouldn’t answer.

At night I had the same dream I had the past two nights. But there was one difference. There wasn’t just one vampire, there were two. A male and a female. My dreams were getting worse every night.

The next day Max was away again. I would do anything to hear his voice, to talk to him, to see his smiling face. It seemed that when Max wasn’t around my dreams were more like nightmares. I had the dream again. This was the fourth time in a row that I had that dream. I woke up screaming but this time my dad didn’t come in. He must of none that it was another dream and not a burglar trying to knock me out. I soon fell back to sleep and I didn’t have that dream again that night.

Morning came and I got ready and went downstairs. I walked into the kitchen but it was empty. My dad must have already left for work. I got my breakfast ready and started to eat it when the phone rang. I thought it would be my dad saying that he forgot something but I was wrong. I picked up the phone and pressed the button.

“Hello” I said.

“Hi Jess can I come pick you up today”

I recognised that voice straight away. It was the voice that I had wished for the past three days. It was Max.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment please