Not Meant for Me

Chapter Six

Pandora's Pov:
Morning came all to early, as my alarm went off my eyes still felt as heavy as they did when I first closed them. Sitting up I ran a hand threw my hair, my other hand rubbing my eyes. Today better be a better day then yesterday. I pulled open my curtains to find Affinity already out of bed, I wondered if she ever got tired.

"Stopped your crying over Zabini?" Comes Parkinson’s voice from her own four poster. I ignored her, grabbing clothes and leaving the room.

"Not up for chatting Lestrange?" She insisted on as she caught up with me. I wasn’t going to talk to her; I gave her presence besides me no acknowledgment.

Didn’t take me long to change into my uniform, brush my teeth, and return back to the dorm. I sat in my bed with the curtains pulled all around, only exposing me to Affinity. I brushed my hair and levitated a mirror as I applied my make-up.

"Ready?" I asked her before she asked me, I’m getting the feeling today will be a great day.

"Yeah." Affinity picked up her bag as I did the same; we left the dorm before any of the other three girls.

We talked a little as we made our way down into the Great Hall; I ignored all the snickers and looks from passing Slytherins. "At the end of the day they won’t be able to say shit." Affinity said to me, I smirked as we got seats at our table.

We sat towards the middle, now wishing we sat towards the front, by the professors...did I really just think that...."Take a damn picture it'll last longer." Affinity’s voice brought me out of my head.

"If you have something to-" She began saying but I cut her off. “No its fine. Let them stare and make jokes. I got what I deserved right? And like you said, come later today they won’t be able to say shit." I told her taking an apple. I’m not one to run away, I like the attention of trouble. And with all this drama there’s bound to be trouble.

"Pandora," I heard Draco call me and not a second later the person next to me was him.

"Hey Draco,"

"How are you?"

"I’m fine-" He gave me a look, his looks are something else.

"I don't think your fine." He whispered to me.

"Oh how nice of you. Now every time I look in the mirror I’m going to have a voice in my head that says Draco doesn’t think your fine.

"You know what I mean." He continued to whisper.

"Draco I’m fine, really. I'll get back at Zabini and Weasley, mark my words. But today I have something else..." I said taking my gaze from his, across from us, a few seats down was Parkinson, she looked enraged. I felt him grab my hand under the table; I turned back to him and smiled.

"Can I know what?"

"Nope." I said smirking.

We headed out to Care of Magical Creatures, and it was boring to say the least. Professor Grubbly-Plank showed us creatures that were the least bit cute. Most girls swooned over them; I strayed away, earning a scolding from the professor. I rolled my eyes as we left the grounds, Affinity and I heading to Ancient Runes.

"Heard bout Zabini dumping you, seems like he finally grew a brain." Said a voice from behind us, we were in line, in deep conversation. I turned and saw Granger.

"Yeah, looks like it." I retorted and she looked taken aback; I smirked and returned to Affinity.

During Ancient Runes, Granger tried to out do me, and at last attempt she did so because I gave up. I sighed leaning on my books, "Why did we take this class?"

"So we wouldn’t end up in Divination." Affinity reminded me. I didn’t want Divination, but Divination had one thing Runes didn’t; Draco.

Bell rang and we left for Herbology. That passed quickly and lunch came. I sat at the end, near the staff table. Draco is sitting right across from me and Parkinson is next to him.

"First getting dumped, then insults from that mudblood. New lows for you this year Lestrange?"
Parkinson said over to me, I shot up my head, that’s it-Before I could make a move.

"Argh!" Parkinson screamed and many students looked over. Affinity poured pumpkin juice on Parkinson. I almost fell out my seat laughing.

Someone cleared their throat besides me, I looked up, "Is there a problem Miss Young? Miss Parkinson?" Professor Snape asks looking from one to the other.

"No." Said Affinity clearly as she began drinking from her goblet, "Parkinson said some foul things so I thought I would-"

"Miss Parkinson my office after lunch." And Snape walked away. Parkinson looked shocked, and full of her girly fury. I laughed so hard for the next five minutes it hurt. Draco was laughing too which made it all the worse for her, and all the better for me.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Dark Arts came, Potions came, and school was over. We walked to the library to go over our plan once more. After this afternoon getting Parkinson would be so much easier.

"Find someone?"

"Yep, a Ravenclaw, no Gryffindor’s would stay long enough to tell them the plan." Affinity said with a shrug.

"Well who is it?"

"Roger Davies." I raised an eyebrow, "All I had to do is let’s say, charm him." She smirked, "Taking my place as the schools-"

"Never." She said, possibly a little taken aback. Every school has their harlot, I’m this schools, and I’m not ashamed of it. It’s not like I settle for just anyone.

"Ok well where is he?"

"He'll meet us by the Entrance Hall." I nodded.

We sat for a few more minutes talking, then got up and left. "Payback time." I said to myself under my breath, suppressing a smirk. Just as we planned there was Parkinson, thinking Draco wanted to meet her there. And not a moment too late there was Davies. Affinity and I stayed hidden; if she saw us-well she wouldn’t know for sure...Anyway we had to stay hid...I heard her irritating voice, "Watch it!" She squeaked, he ran into her, dropping his and her books, according to plan.

"If you weren’t standing around I wouldn’t have knocked into you."

"What? How dare you! Don’t you see what’s on my chest?"

"What chest?" I had to cover my mouth to suppress my laughing; this was working way too well.

"I’m a Prefect." She snarled. I peeked over to see that she withdrew her wand. "Don't point that at me Puggison." I heard her grunt, then him grunt. She must have cursed him.

That’s our cue. We walked over and saw the seen. Davies was on the floor and Parkinson standing over him. We weren’t going to bother to say a thing, because our plan was going to plan.
Professor Snape came down the corridor just in time. "What's going on here?" He looked from Parkinson; to Davies who was now getting up, to Affinity and I. "Nothing Prof-" I cut her off, "Parkinson was abusing her right as a Prefect."

Professor Snape raised an eyebrow and looked over to me, "How so Miss Lestrange?" "We saw it all, she was standing there, and he knocked into her. He apologized but that wasn’t enough for her. She cursed him." I said with as much innocence in my voice as I could muster.

"Is this true?"

"Yes." Affinity said, Davies shook his head, "That's not true!" She screamed, and at that point I knew it was downhill for Parkinson. "Follow me you four."