Winning the World at a Carnival.

Chapter 7.

After the 3 hour shopping trip, (“Ryan, I’ll make it up to you somehow, I know you hate it.” “Damn straight you’ll make it up to me!”) Ryan and Spencer returned to the cabin and found Jon and Brendon still working on the same song as earlier.

“About time you guys got back.” Jon said, looking up. “Whoa.” He said, jaw dropping when he saw Spencer.

“What?” Brendon asked, looking up too. “Jesus Spencer, you look fucking hot!”

Spencer blushed. “Aw, guys, don’t embarrass her.” Ryan said, putting an arm around her.

“But it’s true.” Brendon said. “Hey, Spencer Smith, wanna have sex?”

“Uh, how about no.” Spencer glared at Brendon. “Wanna work on this album?”

“Yeah, I’m all for that.” Jon said, still staring at Spencer. Spencer took her jacket off and sat behind the drum kit.

“You’re no fun anymore.” Brendon pouted, still looking at Spencer.

“Fuck you Urie.”

“I just offered but you turned me down.”

Spencer said nothing, just stared at Brendon. She got up from behind the drum kit and walked over to where Brendon was standing. She smiled sweetly at him, stroking his cheek before…

SMACK!

“Holy mother FUCKER!” Brendon clutched his reddening cheek while Spencer just walked back to her drum kit, victorious. “You still slap the same, just a heads up.”

“Brendon, you seriously have a death wish, don’t you?” Ryan said, holding back a laugh.

“I’d shut up while a slap is the worst you’re going to get.” Jon said, picking up his bass. “Cos we all know what Spencer’s like-”

“What’s that supposed to mean, Jon Walker?”

“When you’re pissed off, I meant.” Jon sighed. “So, shall we get on with this song then?”

“Sounds like a plan.” Ryan replied.

The following hours up until dinner gave birth to a new song, one that was currently unnamed. Ryan had scribbled down some notes for lyrics but nothing was solid. After dinner, he hoarded himself into his room with an acoustic. Everyone knew not to disturb him while he was writing, so they amused themselves by playing Guitar Hero.

“Owned Brendon!” Spencer giggled as she beat Brendon once again.

“Seriously, did you get magical Guitar Hero playing skills or something with that body?” Brendon whined. “You were suckier than this yesterday.”

“Thanks, Bren.” Spencer rolled her eyes. “I’m gonna check in on Ryan.”

“If you can hear guitar, he’s alive.” Jon said, choosing the next song. “Sure you wanna give your turn up?”

“I don’t want Brendon to give me the kicked puppy look. And I do wanna talk to Ry.” Spencer gave her guitar over to Brendon.

“Spencer Smith, I love you.”

“Because she gave you a turn on Guitar Hero?” Jon asked.

“Totally.”

That was the last word Spencer heard as she headed up to Ryan’s room. As she got further from the lounge, she could hear less of Guitar Hero playing and more of an acoustic guitar and Ryan’s singing.

She knocked on the door and she heard it stop. She heard bare feet padding along on wood flooring until they stopped and Ryan opened the door.

Hey, what’s up?” He asked, smiling. He had changed out of his jeans and shirt and was just wearing a old band shirt and some sweat pants.

“Hey, um… Would it be alright if we just sat and talked for a little while?” She asked.

“Spencer, you don’t need to ask.” Ryan grinned. “What do you wanna talk about anyway?” He asked, letting Spencer walk into the room.

“I just wanted to chat.”

“You’re worried about everything, aren’t you?” Ryan said, sitting her down.

“It’s just that, I’m working on this album with you guys, but I’m not Spencer James Smith anymore. I’m back to being Spencer Jaimee Smith. And she is not the drummer for Panic, he is.”

“He, she, they’re both you.” Ryan stroked his fingers down Spencer’s cheek, smiling softly. “And we already told you, it’s you drumming or no one. We aren’t going to leave you behind, I would never do that to you, Spin.”

“Spin?” Spencer looked confused.

Ryan shrugged. “Nickname. Or don’t you like it?”

“Spin’s ok.” Spencer leant onto Ryan, closing her eyes and trying not to burst into tears again. She couldn’t cry again, she’d cried way too many times already today. Ryan started to rub circles into her back, as if sensing that she was going to start crying again.

“Spencer, do you remember all those times when we were kids, when you let me stay over when stuff was happening at home?” Ryan asked. Spencer nodded. She had let Ryan sneak over whenever things got bad at his house. “You looked after me all those years, and I told you that I’d pay you back for it all someday. Well, I promise Spencer, I’m going to look after you from now on. If anyone tries to hurt you, they’ll have to deal with me.”

Spencer looked up at Ryan, a smile on her face. He was smiling back at her, hands still rubbing circles into her back. She whispered a thank you back to him and they cuddled up for a while longer, not saying anything, just knowing that they were in each other’s company.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww, cute Ryan/Spencer moment! LOVE!

Comments are amaze. If I don't get comments, it'll take me longer to update. You've been warned.

Much Love!

D!ATD xoxo