Letters To Rae Rae

December Thirty-First, 2008

Dear Rae Rae,

I decided I'm going to post the first letter early, seeing as my dad probably won't let me take my laptop to Allison's. But, this is fine.

At the moment, I'm babysitting Emma. She's watching Nicktoons Halloween and jumping on my bed. She nearly stepped on my stuffed bear you got me, but it's safe now, I have it sitting right next to me on my desk. I'm listening to Hawthorne Heights. Ohio is For Lovers to be exact. It makes me wonder what kind of stuff you like. I know you listened to Simple Plan, I remember the songs. Remember when we used to listen to Ugly Girl? Haha, that was a great song.

I went to the mall with Nana yesterday to spend my Christmas money. I bought an Avenged Sevenfold t-shirt, a Slipknot t-shirt, a book (The Vampire Diaries by L.J Smith), a really cute shirt with a scarf from Kohls, a paint splattered studded belt and two shirts from Wet Seal. I think I did pretty good. Oh, and my new phone should be coming any day now! I'm so excited. I'll actually be able to read my text messages, haha.

So tonight is Allison's New Years party. She said we may be going ice skating, and from what I understand, you loved ice skating. My mom mentioned something to me about getting your old ice skates a couple of years ago, but I haven't heard anything since then. I probably wouldn't wear them, I'd probably put them up in a safe place to reserve them.

But anyways, at the party, so far for sure it's just going to be me, Allison and Sarah and some cider. It's going to be so much fun. We'll probably play pool and truth or dare and stuff. It'd be hilarious is we went swimming. We'd be popsicles!

The song We All Roll Along by The Maine is like the truest song ever. If truest is a word. It's talking about back when we're young, we have fun and all that stuff. It's so cool. I think my favorite part is when he says

"We did nothing but it seems like we did so much, back then."

So true. Noah called earlier, he wants to come over. I want him to come over, since I haven't seen him in almost two weeks, but where I'm going to Allison's party later, that'd be kind of rude. I'm going to ask if he can come over tomorrow. I'll like beg. He's so nice to me, but I he doesn't call much anymore, and a lot of the times if he does, he just asks for Lindsey's number. He said he'll probably go over there today. She's going to kill me, haha. I love her to death, she's the awesomest.

This song I'm listening to right now, Hands Held High by Linkin Park, the lyrics are...wow...powerful. This is the first time I've listened to it all the way through and...I love it. Haha, I love too many songs. Way too many.

Well, I think I'm going to go. I'm kind of hungry and I'm sure Emma wants lunch, so I guess I'll write you tomorrow.

Lots of Love XOXO,
Kaitlin