Such a Lovely Boy

Where Is Your Boy Tonight?

Frank's POV

“I-I’m sorry I don’t think I can do this” I said suddenly, pushing Pete back. It was sudden and he stumbled and hit his back on a dumpster, he winced in pain but I bolted.

Why would I push away the moment I’ve waited for since I met Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz in freshman year? Because I’m Frank Iero, nothing ever works out the way I hope. I don’t want to hurt Pete so figure if I don’t let him get to me he can’t hurt me and I can’t hurt him.

*
I slammed my bedroom door and threw myself on my bed. I buried my face in my pillow to muffle my screams, I was angry at myself. It always seemed that way, I was always stuffing something up.

“Frankie honey, phone” I heard my mom call to me. I love my mom, despite the failure I am she never gives up on me, she’s always loved me. She’s the only one who’s never left me but she didn’t understand me, your parents never do...no-one ever does.

“Who is it?” I replied back, half just to let her know I was still alive.
Don’t say it’s Pete, god don’t let it be Pete.

“It’s Pete” she says after a moment.
Shit, I don’t want it to be him, anyone but him. I don’t know what I’d say to him.

“I’m not home” I yelled, surprising even myself at the harsh tone in my voice.

“Honey I find that hard to believe”

“MOM! Just say I’m sick or something”
I heard her sigh heavily but say I’m sick and in bed but she’ll pass on that he called then I fell asleep.

*
“Frankie” She said my name but it sounded more like a question. I opened one eye and saw my mom sitting on the edge of my bed. I look a lot like her, or so I’ve been told.

“Yes, mom” I rubbed my eyes and sat up. I watched her as she studied my face, I guess she was expecting I’d spill out everything to her...not a chance.

“Why are you suddenly so cold to Pete, he always seemed such a lovely boy” her hazel eyes, just like mine, full with concern.

Such a lovely boy, huh? Betcha wouldn’t of thought that if you saw me with my tongue down his throat, would ya? I thought bitterly.

“It’s nothing” I replied bluntly, falling back into my pillow.

“I’m your mother Frankie, I always know when something’s wrong” she replied in a tone that made her sound superior to me. I hate authority.

“If I said it’s nothing then it’s nothing” I got up and walked to my bathroom, hoping she’d think I was gonna shower or something and leave.
She didn’t she still sat there, she knew me well. Too well, even. She could tell when I was lying...most of the time, anyway. I’d gotten quite good at lying, comes with living in dirty jersey I guess.

“Frankie, I’m not just going to finish this conversation, it’s not over” she said still sitting, although at the same time looking quite convinced she was gonna hold her ground.

“Well, I’m done with it” I slammed the door and locked it.
I climbed onto the sink and squeezed myself through the window, out onto a ledge and jumped to the ground. I sat against the house for a while contemplating where to go. Gerard’s place wasn’t far, I figured there was as good as anywhere.

______________________________
Chapter title from Fall Out Boy's
"Grand Theft Autumn/Where is your boy"