Such a Lovely Boy

Write Me Off, Give Up On Me

Still Pete's POV

“I like you” Ryan finally said.

Like...like, like? [Wow that sounded like a sentence constructed by a fan girl] My heart pounded faster in my cheast and I couldn’t help but smile.

“But I didn’t even know you were...” I began trailing my words until they barely seeped from my mouth

“Gay? Bitch, please” Ryan laughed, mockingly waving his hand.

“I like you, I didn’t want to tell you cause I thought you’d freak and all” I said quietly. His smirk spread across only one side of his face in somewhat of a mischievous grin.

*

“Why aren’t you working!” shouted a voice. I glanced up from where I’d been sleeping, namely the couch.

“I just got home today” I heard Ryan reply.

The man sounded angry, as he shouted at Ryan. The sound of shouting bought back terrible memories but I pushed those aside and peered over the couch arm to see Ryan and some older man standing on the porch.

“Well you should be working then, not sitting on your ass” the man barked, clearly pissed off about what I could gather was Ryan ‘working’

“Don’t I ever get a break?” Ryan pleaded; it hurt me to hear such pain in his voice.

“No, you signed on for this life, you live it. I expect you at work tomorrow night, don’t make me come back here for you. Have you seen that Brandon round lately? He didn’t show up tonight either” the man’s deep bellowing voice rang out.

‘This life’ hell it makes Ryan sound like a prostitute...no, no he can’t be...

“Brandon didn’t show?” Ryan sounded freaked.

“Nuh, if you see the bitch tell him I’m looking for him and remember you better show tomorrow” the man said then left. Ryan trudged back into the house shaking.

“Ryan, who was that?” I asked, concerned but also curious. He said nothing, “Ryan, don’t lie. Just tell me”

“My boss” he sobbed wiping his eyes on his sleeve.

“Your boss...or your pimp?” I asked, nervously laughing half-jokingly.

“You know, huh” he replied, awkwardly.

“Woah, What!?” I shouted, jumping up from the couch.

“You...didn’t know?” he bit his lip and stared at the carpet. It hit me hard, he was a prostitute? Like a real corner-of-the-street Las Vegas whore?

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you but it’s not exactly the best ice-breaker” he whispered solemnly, “It’s alright if you wanna leave, I’ll pay for you to go home. I really didn’t want this to happen I swear”

“No. I don’t care if you’re a whore or the president, I’m not going anywhere” I replied hugging him, shock put aside.

He placed his hand on my arm, “Thank-you” he choked out between tears. He laid his head on my chest muttering something, which I couldn’t distinguish, over and over. He continued for another ten or so minutes and I finally figured out what he was saying. Brandon.

“Ryan, who’s Brandon?” I asked after a while. He didn’t reply for a while and I asked again.

“I work with him, it’s just freaking me out that he didn’t turn up. He always turns up, he has a drug habit so he needs the money” he explained, sniffling.

“Do you wanna go find him?”

*

FRANK’S POV
“Whatever’s wrong it can’t be so bad you have to kill yourself” I pleaded, grabbing his wrist.

“You told me earlier, you don’t know me, keep that in mind” he spat battling to free his wrist.

“We can talk it over, please just sit down” I begged pulling him further from the top of the staircase.

He made an abrupt pull, dragging both me and him up to the building roof. I squeezed my eyes shut not wanting to see how high up we were. I saw that building from the ground and it looked pretty freaking huge I don’t wanna see how high it really is.

“Scared of heights, huh?” Brandon taunted shaking his wrist to get me off him.
It made me wonder why I was going to all this effort, then he looked at me and I felt as though I’d broken apart-just shattered. That was why.

“Brandon, don’t do this” I dug my fingers into his wrists, able to feel scarring on them. I shuddered, feeling sorry for him.

“Who’s gonna miss me, huh? The desperate people on the streets in need of sex! They don’t have to worry Ryan gets around quick enough for that anyway” he shouted, tears began falling down his face again.

“Wait, did you say Ryan?” I asked, wondering if it was the same Ryan.

“Yeah, what did you sleep with that pretty little slut too?” he replied stopping his fighting back for a moment.

“No, I’ve never even met him. Is this what this is about, Ryan?” I asked, watching his facial expression change to that of a child – eyes wide and lip quivering.

“He never, he never even loved me. It was all lies. All that time – he never loved me, ever. His parents didn’t care what he did and my family kicked me out of home, he’s the only family I had now he goes around with some new guy on his arm right in front of me like ‘we’ never meant anything to him. Like he never loved me, like...” he bawled, his knees giving way as he cascaded to his knees on the roofs harsh surface. I shuffled closer to him.

“He dumped you? You’re going to kill yourself because some wanker found someone new to hang off his arm?” I tried to understand the logic but nothing really came.

“He never really ‘dumped me’ as such, because we were never really ‘together’ I guess...but this new guy - he’s got, he’s got these brown eyes that lock onto you and he’s just...so much better than me, what the fuck do I do? Fucking hell” Brandon shouted, running his fingers through his hair in frustration.

“Do you know this guy’s name?” I asked, knowing I should really be helping Brandon but I can’t when I know Pete could be out there and Brandon could know where.

“Pete something, I didn’t catch his last name. He’s from Jersey, I remember that. Dirty fucking jersey scum” Brandon replied sourly before scrambling to his feet and staring out at the open area of ledge.

*

------------------------------------------
Title is lyrics from A Little Less
16 Candles, A Little More Touch
Me
- Fall Out Boy <3