Such a Lovely Boy

And I've Got Arrogance Down To A Science

PETE’S POV

“No, no Ryan you don’t get to do this, you don’t get to leave me” I whimpered, not even really to Ryan I guess it was more as a reassurance to myself.

“Ryan, you need to breathe” A voice I could’ve sworn was Frank’s came.
Frank? But it couldn’t be. I turned around slowly and saw him standing behind me.

“Holy shit, Frank what the hell are you doing in Vegas?” I asked, surprised to see him

“Following you” he replied, glumly. He walked past me and looked Ryan in the eyes.

“Ryan, do you see up there?” he asked pointing to a tall building. Holy fuck, that looks like a person up there.

“Frank, tell me that’s not a fucking person up there” I stuttered, my heart tightening in my cheast. Frank ignored me and turned back to Ryan.

“Ryan, do you know who that is?” he asked, Ryan nodded gasping for air.

“B-Brandon” he fumbled finally able to breathe.

“Do you know what he’s doing?” Frank said slowly, as if he thought Ryan wouldn’t understand.

“Tell me he’s not gonna jump, please tell me he’s not jumping,” I watched as Ryan dug his nails into Franks arm. Frank said nothing but looked at the ground as if regretting having said anything.
Ryan scrambled to his feet and bolted for his life...or Brandon’s really I suppose. I followed close behind feeling Frank’s steps after mine.

*

“Brandon, don’t do this” Ryan shouted, tears staining his deadly-white face.

“Ryan?!” Brandon stopped ran his fingers through his hair and looked annoyed, “Ryan, you’re not supposed to be here, go home”

“Go home? Go HOME!?” he spluttered, almost laughing at Brandon’s suggestion.
This whole situation was awkward for me and I had no idea what the fuck I was supposed to do so I just remained silent.

“YOU!” Brandon shouted, pointing at me. I stared at him, “Me? Dude, what the fuck did I do?”

“You fucking destroyed everything, I wish you’d just stayed in fucking Jersey. You should never have come here” he screamed, the wind had gotten stronger and was blowing his jacket so it fluttered. Way to make things even more dramatic.

“Frank! Frank that’s him” Brandon shouted to Frank who stayed still-faced the whole time.

“I know Brandon, just come away from the ledge and we can talk about it” Frank cooed as if talking to a puppy or something.

“No, no I don’t want to” he shouted back.
Frank stepped forward slowly, step by step, “Brandon, I need you to stay where you are. Don’t move, can you promise me that?”

“I hate promises, especially when they’re made by liars” he scowled at Ryan who was shivering and visibly trembling.

“Ok, Brandon, I’m gonna come over to you, alright? Don’t move” Frank slowly said in a calm tone. How can he be calm in a situation like this? There’s some guy on top of a fucking building gonna kill himself. I couldn’t take my eyes of him, he seemed so composed, like those cops on TV. He edged over to Brandon and finally was in reach of him. He reached out his hand and Brandon stared at it for a while.

“Come on, just grab my hand” Frank whispered, his hand not even shaking.

“But...” Brandon raised his hand to his mouth and chewed on his nail. Frank said nothing, he just looked into Brandon’s wide eyes, hand still outstretched. You could’ve heard a pin drop – there was complete silence.

Brandon finally moved, his hand shaking like a leaf as he carefully placed it in Frank’s.
Frank pulled him from the ledge and into a hug, Brandon sobbed and buried his face in Frank’s chest. Frank kissed his hair and whispered something to him. I felt nothing – no jealousy, no envy, absolutely nothing.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Chap. title from Fall Out Boy's song, I Slept
With Someone In Fall Out Boy and All I Got Was
This Stupid Song Written About Me
:]