Cricket On Tour

Camera Shy

Today could not be anymore perfect. I grinned as the June sun warmed my cheeks, and slight breeze ruffled my hair and the tassel of my graduation cap. I am about to be officially done with high school with my best friend by my side (I’m Merrick and Lanie is Mills, so we’re right next to each other!), I didn’t even care that evil Marti Muller was only three people away from me.

“Cricket Elisabeth Merrick!” Our principal boomed from the stage.

I made my way across the stage waving to my row of family and friends, who were the most enthusiastic group in the stadium (having all of All Time Low cheering for you does that!), and my heart fluttered and I grinned even more when Alex whooped and winked at me as I shook the principal’s hand. How was it that we had been going out for almost six months and he still gave me butterflies? Not that I cared, being around him was like being in a dream.

I sat down with the rest of my classmates just in time to hear the principal shout “Lanie Aspen Mills!” I cheered and whistled as she confidently made her way across the stage, and sat next to me.

“Can you believe it!” I asked Lanie as we watched the remaining students make their way across the stage.

As soon as I got to go see my family, I ran down the steps and flew into Alex’s arms as he showered me with kisses.

“My girl’s a high school graduate!” he crowed.

“That’s more than you can say for the other girls!” Jack teased.

We all laughed and endured the pictures. Pictures with Alex. Pictures with Zack. Pictures with Jack. Pictures with Lanie. Pictures with Rian. Pictures with Alex, Zack, Jack, and Rian. Pictures with Alex, Zack, Jack, Rian and Lanie. And, finally, some pictures with my family.

Only then, could the party really begin. The entire graduating class made their way to the local beach to party until the sun came up.

“So, where’s my present?” I asked Alex as we sat huddled by the bonfire, his arms tight around me, trying to listen over the loud rap music that almost covered Mark Davis playing the guitar around the fire, but we could still hear him crooning softly.

“Well, I can’t really wrap it up,” he smirked. “But, I’m pretty sure you’re gonna love it.”

“Okay! Just tell me what it is!” I whined and wriggling in his lap.

“Okay, okay!” he laughed at my pout. “Well, you know how we’re touring on the Warped Tour this summer,”

“Yes.” I said crossing my arms across my chest. My boyfriend has been on tour for four and a half months of the six that we’ve been dating, and I am not particularly thrilled that he’s gonna be gone all summer too.

“Let me finish!” he said faking offence. “Well, I am here to personally say, that you are going on the Warped Tour this summer.” He was grinning from ear to ear.

“What!?” I shrieked

“I already talked to your mom and dad, and Zack,” he added as an afterthought. “And you’re coming on tour with me this summer! You’re going on Warped Tour!”

“Oh my God! This is the best present EVER!” I shrieked again and threw my arms around Alex’s neck. “This is amazing!”

“I’m glad you like it.” He said smiling lovingly at me. Could this boy get any better?

“CRICKET!” Lanie screeched running towards me dragging Jack behind her. I jumped up and grabbed her hands and jumped up and down happily with her.

“WE’RE GOING ON WARPED TOUR!” I yelled as we happy danced on the beach.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay for the sequel!!!
I have a question though-
do I have any good songwriters out there? If you are let me know, cuz I'm going to need you.....

Love,
Hayley