Sequel: Can't Have You

From Gumboots To Jimmy Choo's

JOE! NICK! KEVIN!

I smiled at the air hostesses as we walked off the plane. The flashing and yelling/screaming began as soon as we stepped into Auckland airport.

Nick leant in close to me. "Way to stay undercover."

"Yeah, like the Jonas Brother's could stay hidden away." I laughed quietly.

"Welcome to you're first taste of stardom." Joe grinned, draping an arm around my shoulders.

The paparazzi went crazy at this.

"Joe is that you're girlfriend!?"

"Joe what about Camilla?!"

"JOE!"

"NICK!"

"KEVIN!"

I was relieved when we finally got out to see our-

"Oh my freaking god!" I exclaimed at the sight of the large and gleaming black limo.

Our bags were taken from us and put into the trunk but I stayed rooted to the spot.

"Get used to it Zoe, you'll be living like this from now on." Kevin laughed, pulling me into the car.

I sat between Joe and my dad in the spacious limo, staring around in amazement. I looked at Nick and caught him staring at me. I smiled at him and he smiled back, making my heart speed up.

My phone vibrated in my sweater pocket so I pulled it out, reading the message silently.


Movies? Mine. 9?

-N


I looked up at Nick and nodded. He gave me a wry smile before looking away. I checked my watch, 6:53 it read.

We were meeting Mr Konowitch at quarter past seven for a brief meeting before heading to our hotel. We were supposed to go to the hotel first but the plane was late so we had to go straight to the meeting. Which meant I was stuck in my sweats which meant dad wasn't very pleased.

"No need to be nervous." Joe whispered, nudging me.

I realised then that I was shaking. "Just because you've already done this before."

He rolled his eyes and shrugged, smirking. I elbowed him playfully and we both cracked up laughing earning odd stares from everyone else.

Joe and I simply looked at each other then stifled out giggles again. I held out one of my i-pod buds to him and he nodded putting it into his ear. I searched through my songs until I found one.

Joe groaned and I laughed as 'S.O.S' began playing. Both of us sung along and everyone began laughing, joining in as well.

"Ooh! This is an S.O.S, don't wanna second guess.
This is the bottom line, it's true.

I gave my all for you, now my heart's in two,
And I can't find the other half.

It's like I'm walking on broken glass, better believe
I bled.

It's a call I'll never get."


Joe and I kept singing and laughing until we had to hold our ribs because they hurt so much.

"We're here!" Mr Jonas announced as the limo came to a stop.

"I think I'm gonna throw up." I muttered, gulping. All my happiness being replaced with dread.

"Oh chill out drama queen." Kevin rolled his eyes, a smile on his face.

I stepped out of the car with everyone else. Joe placed an arm around my shoulders as we walked into the building. Mr Konowitch was staying at the Sheraton Hotel on the ninth floor, room 708. Everyone stepped into the elevator, Frankie pushing the button. I couldn't stop fidgeting or moving around so Joe had to grab me and hold me still.

Finally the elevator dinged open and everybody stepped out..

Okayy, so Joe and Nick had to drag me out.

Room 708 came around closer than expected and soon Mr Jonas was knocking on the door whilst dad placed a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"Paul!" Mr Konowitch exclaimed, throwing open the door.

Each of the Jonases greeted him before he actually got to me. Surveying me up and a down, wide smile appeared on his face.

"Brilliant." He said before shaking my hand with so much enthusiasm I thought he'd actually take the whole arm off.

"And you must be Father Cooper?" Mr Konowitch said, turning to dad.

I snorted at his words. It sounded as if he were calling dad a priest. Dad and Mr Konowitch shook hands.

"Mark Cooper," Dad said formally, "Pleasure to meet you."

"You too my good sir!" Mr Konowitch replied before ushering us into the living room of his.. room.

I sat on the plush black leather couch next to dad and Kevin, feeling rather foolish in my sweats whilst everyone (even Frankie) had nice looking clothes on. I stared down at my green converse while everyone talked idly for a few minutes before Mr Konowitch cleared his throat.

"Now, I must tell you that I actually recorded your performance the other night and I sent it to Bob Cavallo." He told me. My mouth dropped. He had actually sent it to the president of Hollywood Records!

"And well, Bob wants you signed and releasing a cd by the end of December." He continued.

My eyes widened. That wasn't very far away, probably about four or five weeks.

Dad cut in. "Don't you think that's a bit fast?"

"Yes, I thought that the cd probably wouldn't come out until about late February, early March, you know?" Mr Konowitch replied.

I looked at dad, waiting for him to say something.

"I suppose that's a bit better. But what about Zoe's schooling? I won't have her missing out on an education." Dad said firmly.

"No worries. If Zoe signs, then we'll have a tutor each day for four hours for her. Plus we'll hire a publicist and manager for her so you won't have to deal with much." He said and dad nodded.

"Seems fair enough." Dad commented.

"Now here's the contract," Mr Konowitch said, handing both dad and I a few piece's of paper, "read it over and let me know of any qualms or opinions you have."

I read through the pages quickly, merely skimming over the pages. I wasn't too interested in the contract, that's what dad could worry about. If he liked it, then so did I.

Dad looked up once he was finished. "Yes, everything seems in order. Though, I'd like for Zoe to have a day or so to think this over. This is a big step you know."

"Of course! Of course!" Mr Konowitch agreed, "Now, Zoe, what have you prepared to sing?"

I turned pink. I completely forgot about this.

"Oh, um, one moment." I said, pulling my i-pod back out and skimming through my songs. I put the buds in my ears and pressed play.

"I've been staring at the sky tonight
Marvelling and passing time
Wondering what to do with daylight
Until I can make you mine
You are the one I want, you are the one I want

I've been thinking of changing my mind
It never stays the same for long
But of all the things I know for sure
You're the only certain one
You are the one I want, you are the one I want."


I finally finished the song a few minutes later and took out the ear buds. Silence rang in my ears before they all began clapping. I looked at Mr Konowitch nervously. He looked deep in thought.

"I loved it." He broke out into a grin and I breathed a sigh of relief.

"What'd we tell ya Ab?" Joe smiled, getting up and draping an arm around me.

I smiled up at him as Mr Konowitch laughed. "Yeah, yeah, you Jonases are always right."

I snorted again and rolled my eyes. Joe tugged on a piece of my hair, jerking my head to the side awkwardly.

"That was absolutely wonderful Zoe." Mr Konowitch smiled at me.

I blushed. "Thanks, a lot."

"Well then Zoe, we are done here unless you have any questions?" He said, looking between dad and I.

"Everything looks fine to me." Dad said, standing up, he looked at me. "Zo?"

I shook my head.

"That's settled then. I'll see you all, say, tomorrow night?" Mr Konowitch asked as everyone stood up.

We all walked to the door, talking.

"Think this over Zoe. Make sure this is what you want." He said as he opened the door for us.

"I will. Thank you so much Mr Konowitch." I replied as we walked out into the hall.

"Call me Abbey! It was nice meeting you Mark." He said, shaking dad's hand.

"And you Zoe," Abbey smiled, turning to me, "you are one special girl. I expect you're gonna go far no matter what you do."

I smiled and blushed again. "Thank you, again."

"No problem, you all get a good night's rest now."

We said our goodbyes then walked back down the hallway and into the elevator. The doors shut and I slumped against the wall, letting out a deep breath.

"That was perfect doll." Dad smiled, giving me a hug.

"I'm just glad it's over." I breathed.

"You did wonderful." Mr Jonas complimented.

"Thanks." I smiled at her.

The elevator doors finally opened up on the lobby floor. We'd just gotten into the limo when my phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered it.

"Sorry I didn't txt back! I was.. busy." Came Kristen's voice.

I laughed. "With Ben?"

"Shut up! Anyway," She giggled, "Have you met him yet?"

"Yes! And he liked me!" I cried happily.

Kristen squealed loudly and I laughed.

"I'm going to have a famous best friend!" She laughed excitedly.

"I haven't signed the contract yet." I told her.

"So? You're still going to be famous. Hang on- Coming mum! Sorry, I've got to go, I'll txt okay! I'm so happy for you Zo! Bye!" She cried.

"Bye!" I replied before we hung up.

"What'd Kris want?" Dad asked.

"Just to see how it went." I told him and he nodded.

The limo pulled to a stop outside our hotel. I got out and stared up at it.

"This is so cool." I grinned before everyone walked into the lobby, Frankie pulling me along.

Mr Jonas got us our card keys and we took the elevator up to floor five. Dad and I had our own rooms. The four boys in one and Mr and Mrs Jonas in their own.

"Get some rest kiddo." Dad said, kissing the top of my head before walking into his own room.

"Night dad." I replied before he closed his door.

I flopped down on the comfortable double bed that was waiting for me when I got into my room. My bags had been put in the corner of the room.

I pulled out my green satin pyjama shorts and a white tank top. Checking my cell phone, the clock read 7.57pm. Good. I had enough time for a small sleep. Setting my alarm, I shut my curtains and crawled under my covers, falling asleep to the sound of my i-pod.

...

It seemed only seconds after I had shut my eyes that P-Money's 'Everything' was waking me up. I groaned as I opened my eyes. I so was not ready to get up.

Reluctantly, I got out of my bed, taking my toiletries bag into my bathroom. I brushed my teeth and yanked my comb through my almost-waist length hair then washed my face in an attempt to wake myself up more.

I headed back into my room, it was 8.55. Grabbing my cellphone, key card and small blanket I left my room and crossed the hall to Nick's which was opposite, knocking gently on their door.

Frankie flung the door open, a big grin on his face. "Hi Zoe!"

"Hey Tank." I smiled, walking in as he shut the door behind me.

Joe and Nick were on the sofa, Kevin on the armchair.

"That's mine and Kevin's room." Frankie said, pointing to a shut door on my left. "Joe and Nick are in that one."

"You're only in there as long as you keep it clean." Kevin warned him. Frankie rolled his eyes before sitting on another armchair.

"We got some movies from downstairs before. Which one do you want on?" Nick asked, getting up and grabbing a few dvd's.

I shrugged. "I don't mind. Whichever."

I sat on the sofa as well next to Joe.

"You know Zo." Kevin said, looking at me.

"What Kev?" I asked.

"You're a real midget." He laughed.

"I am not a midget." I retorted reproachfully.

Joe snorted. "Yeah sure, whatever Thumbelina."

I scowled. "I am not short."

"You're smaller than us so that would constitute to you being short." Nick smiled before sitting next to me on the bed.

Joe grabbed part my of small blanket and pulled it over himself, ignoring my protests. Nick pressed a button on the remote and the movie began to play.

Transformers. I grinned happily. It was my favourite movie. About halfway through the movie Frankie fell asleep so Kevin bid us all goodnight and carried him off to bed, shutting the door gently behind him. Joe went to change into his pyjamas but never came back. Nick went to check on him and told me that Joe had fallen asleep having only actually gotten halfway through changing.

I rolled my eyes and Nick soon put another movie on before sitting back on the sofa.

"So are you going to sign?" Nick asked

I shrugged. "Not sure. I've got a lot of things to consider."

"Like what?" He asked me.

"Well," I began, "I don't know if I want to give up my normal life, my friends you know."

"You're not really giving them up though are you? They're still you're friends aren't they?"

"But it won't be the same." I sighed.

"How?" He wondered.

"Well, I won't be able to hang out with them anymore." Okay, now I was just making up excuses.

"This is you're dream isn't it?" Nick spoke, his dark eyes staring into my own blue ones.

I nodded. "Yeah, but-"

"Then go for it." He cut me off.

"It's not that easy though." I groaned.

"Why not?" Nick argued.

I opened my mouth then shut it. Why was I being so damn stubborn about this?

"Well?" He prompted.

"It's not." I sighed.

"Huh?" Nick said, taken aback.

"I said it's not." I replied.

I looked up at Nick and he smiled.

"So?" He asked.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll sign the contract." I rolled my eyes.

Nick hugged me and I giggled.

"Welcome to super stardom Miss Cooper." Nick grinned.

And then he kissed me..

Again.
♠ ♠ ♠
If anyone's wondering, the song she sung
is called 'Arithmetic' by Brooke Fraser.!!

P E A C E
x o