Status: Completed

I Want To Scream 'I Love You'

Blow The Candles Out

*Pete's POV*

I sat down on my bed and sighed. I'd just been released from hospital and my parents were watching me like hawks. I think they may have even set up a web cam in my room. I looked over at my bedside table to see a photo of me and Cassidy. Everywhere I went there was something to remind me of her. I think I can honestly say that I hate myself. I don't even know why I slept with that girl. I guess I just missed being showed affection. Cassidy was hurting and wasn't acting her normal self around me and I'd missed that. Now I couldn't even hear her voice, let alone see her. Patrick wasn't talking to me much, I think he blames me for Cassidy leaving. Which is fair enough. I would too. My parents don't actually know the reason for me and Cassidy splitting up, they just think we had a row. They'd be beyond disappointed if they knew the truth. I wanted to ring Cassie so bad, just to check she was ok. I knew it would only make things worse though, for the both of us. But that wasn't enough to stop me. I called her number and pressed my cell to my ear nervously.

'Hey it's Cassidy, I'm busy right now so leave a message. Latersss.'

I hung up before the beep. It felt so good hearing her voice again, even if it was only a recorded message. I saw one of her hoodies sticking out of my wardrobe, she must've forgotten it. I got up and picked it up, burying my face into it. It still smelt just like her. I knew I was just hurting myself one hundred times more but it was comforting hearing her voice and smelling her scent. I padded back over to my bed, curling into a ball, clutching onto Cassie's hoodie.

*Cassidy's POV*

I laughed as Mike nearly hit himself in the face in an attempt to spin his guitar around his body. It was so hilarious. The guys started playing and I began singing.

The power lines went out
And I am all alone
But I don’t really care at all
Not answering my phone
All the games you played
The promises you made
Couldn't finish what you started
Only darkness still remains

Lost sight
Couldn't see
When it was you and me

Blow the candles out
Looks like a solo tonight
I’m beginning to see the light
Blow the candles out
Looks like a solo tonight
But I think I’ll be alright

Been black and blue before
There’s no need to explain
I am not the jaded kind
Playback’s such a waste
You’re invisible
Invisible to me
My wish is coming true
Erase the memory of your face

Lost sight
Couldn't see
When it was you and me

Blow the candles out
Looks like a solo tonight
I’m beginning to see the light
Blow the candles out
Looks like a solo tonight
But I think I’ll be alright

One day
You will wake up
With nothing but “you’re sorrys”
And someday
You will get back
Everything you gave me

Blow the candles out
Looks like a solo tonight
I’m beginning to see the light
Blow the candles out
Looks like a solo tonight
But I think I’ll be alright


The song finished and we waited nervously for the class' reaction. Suddenly they all burst into an applause. I breathed a sigh of relief as we headed back to our seats. We'd been practicing non stop for the past two weeks now. I'd showed the guys some lyrics I'd written, the song we'd just played being one of them. We'd worked our asses off, trying to make it sound as good as possible. We'd had so much fun, they were all hilarious and we had so many laughs. They'd all helped me to forget about Pete, even though they didn't know the whole story. I still couldn't help thinking about him at night though. Every night he was all I could think about. I'd came so close to calling him a few times, but thinking about what he'd done made me even more determined not to. He'd done exactly what Oliver had done, only it hurt a million times more when Pete done it.
♠ ♠ ♠
The song - Candles by Hey Monday (:
Is anyone else seeing Fall Out Boy in Cardiff on March 7th ?
xo