Status: Completed

I Want To Scream 'I Love You'

Countdown

*Cassidy's POV*

Christmas had been awesome and the rest of Hey Monday had came back to Chicago for the party. We were actually talking about moving back here as the guys loved it and I wanted to be closer to my family and friends. Me and Pete had also showed everyone that we were back to being best friends, they didn't really suspect much more than that so it was pretty good at the moment. Apart from Ashlee. She hated the fact that me and Pete were close again and was doing anything she could to keep us away from each other.

I smoothed down my dress and smiled at my reflection. It was New Years eve today and there was a huge party going on downstairs, hosted by Patrick, Pete, Andy, Joe and Char.
"Cass, you look so fucking hot." Pete mumbled, biting his lip. He shut the door behind him and stood behind me, his arms snaking around my waist. I watched in the mirror as he pushed my curly hair out of the way and kissed my neck, biting softly.
"C'mon Mr Horny, you have guests downstairs to entertain." I giggled, lacing my fingers with his and pulling him towards the door.
"Do we have to go down there? I'd so much rather us be up here. On our own." He whispered huskily, his fingers moving slowly up my thigh, pushing the hem of my dress up as he got higher.
"Pete, stop. Yes, we have to go downstairs sweetie." I laughed as he groaned, licking my collar bone. He stopped and moved away when we heard footsteps coming up.
"There you two are!" Patrick exclaimed as he came up the stairs. We smiled and walked down the stairs with him.

I'd never seen the house so packed before. There were some people I knew and others I'd recognized as people from different bands.
"Dee Dee." Brendon grinned, hugging me tightly. "Come over here, I want you to meet some people." I followed him over to two guys stood near a table covered with alcohol, Pete and Patrick close behind. "Right, guys this is Cassidy. Cassidy, this is William and Travis." Brendon introduced us, pointing to the two really tall guys stood in front of me.
"Wow, your the lead singer from Hey Monday! Dude, your so awesome." The guy Brendon had pointed out to be William smiled. I blushed not knowing how to react.
"And your the lead singer out of The Academy Is, I think thats so much cooler." I laughed.
"Patrick was you adopted?" Travis asked randomly.
"No you idiot, why?" 'Trick replied, just as confused as the rest of us.
"Because, Cassidy's gorgeous and well, your not." He grinned cheekily at me. I couldn't help but laugh at Patrick's reaction. Travis apologized and hugged him tightly as Patrick pretended to be completely upset.

The night was running smoothly and everyone was having a great time. Everyone had been drinking, some a lot more than others. I stood in a circle with Travis, William, Gabe, Brendon, Ryan, Vicky T and some other guys I didn't really know. The guys hadn't stopped flirting all night, only Brendon and Ryan hadn't tried to flirt. I was glad I had Vicky, Ryan and Brendon with me. It was a little awkward being around Ryan but we were both trying our best to act normal. I looked around the room, not paying attention to the conversation, and saw Pete stood in the kitchen with Ashlee in front on him. He was leaning back on the counter and she was leaning back on him. I felt jealousy pulse through my veins. I looked up to his face and saw he was gazing at me. He half smiled but looked a little upset, angry and bored. I tilted my head towards the stairs and he got the message and followed me up.
"Whats wrong?" I asked, concerned. It wasn't like Pete to be like this at a party. He lent against the wall and sighed.
"Nothing. I've just been watching you most of the night, wishing it was you that was leaning on me in the kitchen, not Ashlee. I don't think I've ever been so jealous of the guys you were just with. You have probably turned every head down there tonight and those guys haven't stopped trying it on with you all night. You look so beautiful tonight Cassie." He whispered the last part, his warm breath tickling my cheek. I pressed my lips to his and smiled. I just wish that he would end it with Ashlee so we could be together, then we wouldn't have to hide like this.
"Just go back down there and enjoy yourself Pete. Things will work out soon babe." He nodded and pressed his lips to mine.
"I love you Cass." He whispered, before standing upright again and pulling me downstairs. He went back into the kitchen to Ashlee and I joined the group I was stood with before. Travis took my hand and pulled me into the living room to dance. He was actually a really good dancer and kept making me laugh by doing weird moves. He was actually great fun, like Brendon, he was energetic. The music stopped suddenly and everyone looked around, confused.
"ONE MINUTE TILL MIDNIGHT!" Joe yelled, standing on a chair. Everyone cheered and began to countdown, quickly finding their friends. I searched for Patrick and found him in the kitchen with everyone else from our group. Andy and Sara were back now so they were here too, which was great. I'd missed them over Christmas.

"Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one. HAPPY NEW YEAR!" Everyone cheered, kissing and hugging each other. Patrick pulled me into a hug, lifting me into the air. He'd been drinking and was quite pissed.
"Happy new year Cass. I'm so glad your back sweetie, we all really missed you." He beamed. Joe, Char, Andy, Sara and Pete all wrapped their arms around us as we had a group hug. I could see Ashlee through the gap between Pete and Joe's arms as she glared at us all huddled together. We separated and I walked into the hall way when someone grabbed my wrist. I noticed it was Pete and he quickly scooped me up, running upstairs as fast as possible, the two of us giggling all the way. He set me down in his bedroom, the lights still off.
"Happy new year beautiful." He whispered into my ear, his fingers running up and down my arms. His lips were on mine seconds later, as he kissed me hungrily. His hand supported my back as we stumbled backwards, crashing against the wall. We both started laughing as we kissed more slowly. He lifted my hands and laced my fingers with his, pushing them to the wall one on either side of my head. His lips moved down to my jawline then to my neck as he planted small soft kisses everywhere. He bit my neck playfully then ran his tongue along where he'd just bitten me. He started to give me a love bite, I could tell it would be massive but I didn't want him to stop. It felt good. I thought about all the questions I'd be asked, if they'd suspect something between me and Pete. I wriggled my wrists out of his grip and placed my hands on his chest, pushing him away gently.
"Pete.. Pete..." I started as he bit harder.
"mm?" He mumbled into my neck, still giving me a love bite.
"Stop. They'll start asking questions." I whispered. He groaned and kissed my neck tenderly where he'd left his mark. I lent my forehead against his and sighed. Things couldn't carry on like this. He needed to end it with Ashlee, or we'd have to stop things between the two of us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to everyone for the awesome comments. They always make me smile (:
Ahh things have been so hectic lately :/
x