It Began With You

Chapter Three

“What did you mean by, ‘Then you came along.’?” Sable asked.

Two years later and they found themselves once again on the same beach, in the same spot. Akanishi Jin had left Sable Wingate hanging with that statement for two years. After that morning at the beach, he walked away. She hadn’t chased after him though. She was too busy contemplating what he meant.

Jin sighed, “You’re still as annoying as you were when I first met you.”

Sable glared at him.

Even though he hadn’t admitted what he had said, the two still held a firm friendship. She would get on his nerves and he would ignore her to no end. But they still made up for it. That was basically the bridge of their friendship.

Sarah Leigh and Kamenashi Kazuya- now married with a child- were also among the people who made sure that the two hadn’t cease in communication. At first it was deemed as an irate to both the best friends, but they came to accept it in the end, knowing that the husband and wife wouldn’t stand for a no-relationship betwee the two.

“And you’re still so god damned ding dongily cold as you were the first time I met you.” That was a lie however. The first time she met Jin, he had a cold exterior reflecting his cool demeanour. But soon after, he began to change- at least that’s what she saw in him. He began to become more friendly and sporting, taking up a devil-may-care attitude.

Akanishi laughed, “We all know how untrue that is.”

Sable smiled, “Just tell me what you meant.”

And just like the first time he had told her about his dreams, Jin seemed unsure and quite scared but still continued; “Then you came along,” He played with the words.

“When I first saw you at the coffee place two years ago, I was astounded.”

“Because I was so beautiful, I know.” Sable interrupted, something that wasn’t appreciated by Jin as he glared at her. She bowed her head, apolegetic.

“You looked so familiar, but I couldn’t point my finger at who you were. But when we got to the beach, I realised that you were it. You were that person.”

Sable looked at him confused, “What person?”

“The person that haunted me in my slumber.”

She stared, then blinked, unsure of how to react in that situation. But she finally asked, “Meaning I was she? She was me?”

Jin glanced at her and gave a small nod, “That was why I ignored you. I didn’t want fantasy clashing with reality. I didn’t want something I’ve thought so highly of to come crushing down, just because your attitude was different from what I’d dreamt of.”

He looked her way and she nodded for him to continue, “But somehow you got to me. You got me spilling my guts to you, I don’t know how you did it, but you did. Thank goodness I composed myself when it came to the last part, the part that left you hanging.”

“I was frustrated with myself, angry at how I’d just told something so personal to someone I barely knew. Maybe I was wrong, because I knew you. I really did. Your appearance matched those of hers, and maybe I felt comfortable with that. But I told myself that it didn’t give me an excuse to spill out everything.”

Sable nodded, “But why’re you telling me all these now?”

“Because somehow, along the way, maybe by accident,” He paused, “You changed me.”

She was pretty much gawking now- not as much as the same reason as she had two years ago- this time, she was surprised that she had became the reason someone changed, “How’d I do that, exactly?”

Jin looked at her, “After that spilling-my-guts-out incident,” He smiled, “My dreams went away for a while. But it came back. This time it was different, the woman, you, you were with me, in my arms and we were smiling. I hadn’t felt that much joy accumulate in me for a long time. It was as if I’d do anything to see you smile. And my reason for waking up each morning is to see your face, or at least to listen to your voice.”

“Even if I acted as though I didn’t care for you, or if I ignored you, it was all a test to me. To see if I you were the cause of all this or if my head was playing tricks on me. The longer we knew each other, the more stronger the feelings I have.” He paused, “It isn’t until now that I realise that I’m in love with you.”

Sable took a double take, “You’re in love with me?”

Once again, Jin sighed and nodded, “I don’t wanna lose you like the first time. When I walked away, I felt that I left my soul. You’re the only one that can bring me back.”

“Just do one thing for me.” He asked, his voice pleading.

She nodded.

He checked his pockets, trying to fish something out. Finally a black velvet box appeared, “This ring here represents my heart. But there’s just one thing I need from you. Say I do.”

A wave of amazement went through her before she smiled, “I waited two years just to get that from you. I love you. I do.”

As their faces inched closer, Sarah Leigh and Kamenashi Kazuya looked on. Each had a smile playing upon their features as they watched the couple share a passionate kiss(more like a make-out session, thought Leigh). If it hadn’t been for them, Jin wouldn’t have found the girl of his dreams. And without them, Sable wouldn’t have known how being in love truly felt like.

“Because it all started with her.” Leigh smiled, watching as a new chapter unfolds.
♠ ♠ ♠
A Chi Mi Dice.