Diehards and Journal Updates

Diehards and Journal Updates

November 24th. 2007

My name is April Sumner and I am Evan's mother. Last night I finally got tired of Evan's moping and ignorance. I picked the lock and entered his room. My boy was sleeping soundly with this book in his arms. I left the room quietly as not to wake him, leaving food incase he is hungry. My husband went to check on him later that might and that’s when he noticed it. Evan wasn’t breathing. 40 minutes later my only son was being carried away in a body bag and the officer was handing me two notes and this journal. Out of respect, I only read the note addressed to me and Evan's father. I was gonna let the journal be until I got to the bottom of the note which instructed me to read the journal and at the funeral to put it in Evan's casket. While reading this journal I have learned more about my son then I could have ever thought. Like that he was totally and utterly in love with Drew, not because he doodle his name everywhere but because how he wrote and talked of him. That they were in love but never had the chance to say it. That my son was happy almost all the time. That he never truly grew up at heart and that he cried more then I thought. I even found out how my son died and why. He wasn’t strong enough to survive without his life support. I miss my baby boy. I want my son back. But I have one last thing to say. Drew was like a son to me, he was over this house constantly, always eating and doing whatever he wanted, joking around with me and my husband and even walking about only clad in boxers. It hurt to see him go. He is greatly missed, as Evan shall be.

-With love and honesty, April Sumner

RIP
Evan Joseph Sumner
RIP
Drew Eric Mcpopnal
♠ ♠ ♠
And that. was the end.